Auto Racing Thread

Interesting way for Russell to podium.

Well bummer. Was hoping they would try it tomorrow but I understand the logistics. Back to the golf

If you do, reach out to me. I am 50/50 if I am going, may wait to see if I get an opportunity. But we can meet up, maybe hit the kart track so you can get some laps in.

Will do. It’s usually a jam packed 3 days but it would be nice to leave everyone for a bit in the afternoons.

I already took a preliminary look but what area of town do you think will be the least mobbed for a hotel?

Will do. It’s usually a jam packed 3 days but it would be nice to leave everyone for a bit in the afternoons.

I already took a preliminary look but what area of town do you think will be the least mobbed for a hotel?
Fort Lauderdale if you are looking just for convenience. Or you can stay in Miami Beach and just plan on making the trek there and back early/late. Don’t stay near the track under any circumstances. If you just want to be F1 all the time and by the track, then look at Miami Springs and Doral. There are also some places you can stay with golf courses, like Trump Doral and Turnburry in Aventura. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

But if you can swing it, going to the kart track in homestead with me would be an experience. I have a rental kart (in addition to my kart) that is full race trim. Karting is the closest most of us will ever get to what an F1 car feels like.

In fact, I’ll even follow you in my kart and spin you a few times so you can really get the full F1 experience. We call it “the Pastor Maldonado” package.

Fort Lauderdale if you are looking just for convenience. Or you can stay in Miami Beach and just plan on making the trek there and back early/late. Don’t stay near the track under any circumstances. If you just want to be F1 all the time and by the track, then look at Miami Springs and Doral. There are also some places you can stay with golf courses, like Trump Doral and Turnburry in Aventura. If you have any specific questions, let me know.

But if you can swing it, going to the kart track in homestead with me would be an experience. I have a rental kart (in addition to my kart) that is full race trim. Karting is the closest most of us will ever get to what an F1 car feels like.

If there are enough THPers, I would be in to explore if a group rate, or at least a better section, is available. Same with hotel.

We are set for a wild F1 race tomorrow

Great to see cars back at Zandvoort! A proper old school track, the complete opposite of the boring modern day clones of today! I can only imagine what the atmosphere is like there in person. I remember the Dutch fans at Silverstone when I used to go. They used to go bat **** crazy every time Max’s dad, Jos came past, and he was near the back! Covid has been terrible, but it’s brought the cars back to some of the best tracks in the world!

Wow what a win for Max today at his home GP. You've got to have some serious stroopwaffle in your hooft to deliver under that pressure. Still celebrating in this house lol.

The Dutch GP is officially at the top of my bucket list.

Pretty impressive race from Sergio Perez. Clearly the Red Bull cars were fast and Checo has the skills to make his way through a field. Thought he and Lando were going to wreck, that was a hell of a tangle.

Pretty awesome to see the entire crowd backing one driver. Was hoping for a bit more chaos and excitement, but it was good day all in all for Ferrari in their battle with Mcleran

And today in F1: Snore.
Good job Mclaren but still, snore.

Looking forward to Miami having an F1 race. Just got to see some of the track layout in person (one of my racing buddies is a super on the project) and it looks lien it’s going be good. And hot.

33EDFE28-AA21-41A4-883D-BAB106A52955.jpeg

The image of Verstappen sitting on top of Hamilton had me laughing. But also happy for the safety features of the modern cars. Great race for McLaren and kind of a knife in the side of Ferrari at home.

One of the better races in recent history.
Extremely happy with Mclaren and for Daniel - that sandbagging SOB just leading us on this whole time!

I'm disappointed that Max is being penalised for the crash when it seemed pretty equal to me.
Bottas had one hell of a drive and I really hope he has the best second half to the season ever, and even goes rogue a bit!

Looking forward to Miami having an F1 race. Just got to see some of the track layout in person (one of my racing buddies is a super on the project) and it looks lien it’s going be good. And hot.

View attachment 9027016
Any dates being thrown around for this yes??

I always wonder how they do the planning for new races - like, wouldn't it make sense to put Miami and Montreal back to back since they're in the same continent rather than bouncing around the globe? I'm sure there are contractual dates for these types of things that makes such a logical notion impossible, but when they're trying to be carbon neutral, flying from North America to Europe or Asia and then back doesn't really make that much sense I feel.

Dude, I am so deep into karting now, it’s ridiculous. Anytime you want, you are more than welcome. It’s a freaking blast.
That looks pretty fun. I got the chance about a week ago to drive on a racing simulator at a guys house. He said it's about a 30K set up and the software was iRacing. We started with a Mazda Miata on COTA and then did Laguna Seca. It was having some issues though and we couldn't get it to work with another car for some reason. It was pretty cool though and I can't imagine how fun it would be once you get used to it and have a better car.

Back