Auto Racing Thread

He said in the post race that he was just going for the win and he thought he was good to the next round. You could see the dejection when it was announced he was eliminated and after the interview, you could see him just kind of let the guard down with a very noticeable "$#!+" like he knew he done messed up. What MTJ did after the race was plain wrong, but I get it. Happy my boy Blaney was the benefactor of all of that too.

Yeah he was gutted man. Hard to tell a racer not to try and win a race though. Dude hasn’t won in over a year and had a shot. I’d sleep ok if I was him.

I like Blaney a lot. Just seems like a genuinely good dude. Was awesome to see him give the flag to the kid at the end. And he’s from Ohio so he’s got that going for him. I just grew up a big Bill Elliott fan so Chase is kind of a no-brainer

Yeah he was gutted man. Hard to tell a racer not to try and win a race though. Dude hasn’t won in over a year and had a shot. I’d sleep ok if I was him.

I like Blaney a lot. Just seems like a genuinely good dude. Was awesome to see him give the flag to the kid at the end. And he’s from Ohio so he’s got that going for him. I just grew up a big Bill Elliott fan so Chase is kind of a no-brainer

My family were all huge Awesome Bill fans, so Chase does get the support too. It's great to see the young guys are pretty down to earth. Lots of great young talent in the sport right now.

I had no idea this thread existed, it would have given @tpluff and @nerdy_81 and I somehting else to talk about!

I grew up racing karts and got into drag racing for a bit. I also was a spotter for a grand am team for a season during law school. Pics or it didn't happen, so here I am on the spotters stand at Daytona.
073.JPG
060.JPG

I had no idea this thread existed, it would have given @tpluff and @nerdy_81 and I somehting else to talk about!

I grew up racing karts and got into drag racing for a bit. I also was a spotter for a grand am team for a season during law school. Pics or it didn't happen, so here I am on the spotters stand at Daytona.
View attachment 35268
View attachment 35269
That is freaking wicked cool man! My dad wanted to get me into karts as a youngin, but my mom put the ole kabosh to that. Now I just do iRacing.

You go to any of the Homestead NASCAR races?

View attachment 35268
View attachment 35269

Heck yeah man! Best seats in the house haha

I have been to a few over the years, but it usually falls right around the birthdays for my wife and oldest daughter. I go to many more of the local events, like the SCCA or sometimes the exotic driving school events to help out friends or just watch some racing. My goal is to go to Bristol for the night race, but every year I make an excuse not to go.

I was/am a Kenseth fan (being a Ford guy) but now am just rooting for good racing. I watched the end of the roval race yesterday and it was awesome. I hate to see a bunch of cars get torn up, but it was undeniably entertaining to watch Kes and Kyle and a bunch of others just totally miss the corner. I could not believe it.

Also, I do not think there is any question that Jimmie has lost a step at this point, or maybe a bit of confidence. I was rooting for him to make the pass yesterday, but you can just tell he doesn't have the same car control as he used to. Kyle, Harvick, Kes would have all made that pass I think. I met Jimmie very briefly one year at the Rolex 24 and he was just an awesome guy. I hope he gets it together for next year so he can compete for number 8.

We should do the Bristol race next year. Get a gathering together for some golf and racing

We should do the Bristol race next year. Get a gathering together for some golf and racing
Oh now we are talking! My mother's family is from Bristol, VA. Last time I was there, we were going through the mountains in our green Ford Windstar and I threw up my family reunion dinner on the side of the road. That was about 20 years ago. The night race is a must in my future!

Oh now we are talking! My mother's family is from Bristol, VA. Last time I was there, we were going through the mountains in our green Ford Windstar and I threw up my family reunion dinner on the side of the road. That was about 20 years ago. The night race is a must in my future!

I am 100% in for this.

All right boys! It’s unofficially officially happening. I’ll start digging into specifics and we’ll come up with a pretty fun weekend. Hopefully we can get a decent group.

All right boys! It’s unofficially officially happening. I’ll start digging into specifics and we’ll come up with a pretty fun weekend. Hopefully we can get a decent group.

I bet we could drag some of the DMV area people over.

Chase baby!!!!!! Fairly boring race but had a great last 20 laps

Chase baby!!!!!! Fairly boring race but had a great last 20 laps
SHR dominated. Then 3/4 had issues and opened the door. Glad Chase beat out Hamlin. He learned from last year.

Watched some YouTube videos of V8 Supercars down under. This is damn fine racing and the sounds from those 5 liter V8's is glorious. Those boys flat get after it too.

Last edited:
Love seeing cars back on the track at Daytona!

What do you guys think of the new black and gold Haas F1 livery? It's Kind of like the old JPS Lotus look.

What do you guys think of the new black and gold Haas F1 livery? It's Kind of like the old JPS Lotus look.
It's going to look mean when you see it in your mirror.

I really like it.

Looks like "7 time" made sure he'd win it. Come on Jimmie, clear the car!

Yeah I wasn't a fan of that win for JJ at all. Cause a crash that wipes out 3/4 of the field and then walk to Victory Lane under your umbrella.

Looks like "7 time" made sure he'd win it. Come on Jimmie, clear the car!
Yeah I wasn't a fan of that win for JJ at all. Cause a crash that wipes out 3/4 of the field and then walk to Victory Lane under your umbrella.
Yeah he tried the side draft and Menard didn't stay right up against the wall and just turned him. A shame that's how it ended, but good thing it's just a money race. Hoping the 500 is better racing than just the high line.

My mate is one of the directors at Laguna Seca. They have a gathering to start the season where they all bring their cars for some autocross and laps around the track. They can all bring a friend who in turn can bring their cars, so it looks like I’m taking the ‘stang round Laguna Seca. Should be fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he tried the side draft and Menard didn't stay right up against the wall and just turned him. A shame that's how it ended, but good thing it's just a money race. Hoping the 500 is better racing than just the high line.

One of the least exciting Daytona races I've ever watched. It's normally a great race, but the high line was just too good. Hope it evens out a bit for Thursday and Sunday.

My mate is one of the directors at Laguna Seca. They have a gathering to start the season where they all bring their cars for some autocross and laps around the track. They can all bring a friend who in turn can bring their cars, so it looks like I’m taking the ‘stang round Laguna Seca. Should be fun.

That would be awesome. It I could lap any track in the US that would probably be it. I can recite every turn in my sleep between watching races there and racing it in GT and Forza.

That would be awesome. It I could lap any track in the US that would probably be it. I can recite every turn in my sleep between watching races there and racing it in GT and Forza.

Guarantee I'd find dirt at Turn 8. That 5 storey drop in a couple seconds would be so wild to experience.

Guarantee I'd find dirt at Turn 8. That 5 storey drop in a couple seconds would be so wild to experience.
Pro tip, if you just skip the turn and launch down and through the dirt it will work out faster the majority of the time, as long as damage is off, you can do that in real life right?

Yeah, that would be insane to experience.

Back