Auto Racing Thread

Guarantee I'd find dirt at Turn 8. That 5 storey drop in a couple seconds would be so wild to experience.

The same mate wants to take me round there on our motorcycles, but that turn is waaaaaaay beyond my skill and comfort level! Even in the car, I’ll go through there like a granny. I don’t know if you saw the episode of Top Gear tears back where Clark son set a lap in an NSX on the PlayStation. He then tried to beat it in real life. Each time, the corkscrew punished him as he had to keep backing off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don’t love the direction NASCAR is heading. Holding the cars wide open to me just takes all the talent out of the sport. Obv Daytona and Talladega are different animals but last week today’s race just didn’t do it for me with the new aero package

Don’t love the direction NASCAR is heading. Holding the cars wide open to me just takes all the talent out of the sport. Obv Daytona and Talladega are different animals but last week today’s race just didn’t do it for me with the new aero package

It reminds me of the first year or two of the CoT. Not great racing.

Agreed. I get what they are trying to do but I guess I’m not the fan they are trying to reach. I was pretty happy with how things were

It really just seems like a holdover until Gen 7 comes in. I also HATE how they do qualifying now with the new package. It's terrible.

They need to give the HP back,get rid of the splitters, raise the cars up and get rid of bump stops. They need to bring back actual springs and shocks with minimum height reqirements.Put it back in the drivers hands.I hate this artificial parity idea.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They need to give the HP back,get rid of the splitters, raise the cars up and get rid of bump stops. They need to bring back actual springs and shocks with minimum height reqirements.Put it back in the drivers hands.I hate this artificial parity idea.

And to make matters worse, DW keeps talking about how the new aero package makes for more passing. I think that all the minor tweaks have added up to over regulation and fixing problems caused by other problem fixes.

Watching the St Pete Grand Prix, I'm hoping for a caution to tighten up the finish, otherwise it'll be interesting to see if Dixon can track Newgarden down.

I really need to get out to this race. I am headed to Sebring next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Wet day here in Sebring
0d277bc72c9beacd845344e9002ceac1.jpg

Any F1 lovers here? Managed to find an old thread in sports section but it seems to be dead...

Any F1 lovers here? Managed to find an old thread in sports section but it seems to be dead...
I like most any racing.F1 right now is Mercedes /Ferrari dominated. I pull for Haas since their home base is near me in Kannapolis NC but I am realistic enough to know that it would be hard for them to even get a podium finish.

I'm going to attempt to follow f1 for the first time this year. I've watched bits and pieces in the past but have never kept up with it.

Watched several last year. Hoping to catch most if not all this year

Watching Gatornationals qualifying right now. I like all forms of racing.
Watch most F1 on replay as we Tee off early Sundays!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I came to Homestead Miami Speedway to see a few of my old kart racing buddies run and Emerson Fittipaldi is out here running with his kart team. Pretty cool.

I took my dragster out for shake down passes yesterday. It was a Fuster Cluck at the track with over 200 street cars but I got 2 passes in, it went 7.06 @190 both passes. It wants more fuel and should end up in the 6.98 at 192/193 mph range when I get the tune right.

I took my dragster out for shake down passes yesterday. It was a Fuster Cluck at the track with over 200 street cars but I got 2 passes in, it went 7.06 @190 both passes. It wants more fuel and should end up in the 6.98 at 192/193 mph range when I get the tune right.

Nice runs Tony. Was that wide open or on the throttle stop?

Nice runs Tony. Was that wide open or on the throttle stop?

That is wide open, I decided not to run a throttle stop at all. We built this to run 7.00's so we are right where I want to be. Most of the bracket races have a bottom dial of 7.00 so 6.98 to 7.00 in good air is perfect and it will still run 7.10 or so on the hottest days.

Pretty interesting Monaco Gp so far.

Best day in motorsports.

Pretty interesting Monaco Gp so far.

Best day in motorsports.

Yep. Was loving what Leclerc was doing early after getting screwed in qualifying but then a little mistake takes him out. Hoping someone makes a move here at the end to shake things up.

Yep. Was loving what Leclerc was doing early after getting screwed in qualifying but then a little mistake takes him out. Hoping someone makes a move here at the end to shake things up.
You knew that was inevitable, feel bad for Leclerc, has gotten screwed at every corner this season.

You knew that was inevitable, feel bad for Leclerc, has gotten screwed at every corner this season.

They clearly favor Vettel but I think Leclerc is the future. Hopefully as the year goes on things switch.

Man this is great racing. Not often you see tire to tire in F1.
Too bad about that 5s penalty.

Seems like Hamilton would let Verstappen by at this point, hoping to get an extra car in between him and Bottas after the penalty.

Boy Hamilton comes off as a baby, having won the race after all the complaining. Great driving performance for sure though.

Back