AutoFlex Shaft / Sim Max2 combo swing weight question.

Newman21

Reaction score
Handicap
I purchased the 505X uncut with a TM adapter (53 gram) and matched it with a Taylormade Sim Max2 head (with the standard 24 gram back weight). Golf Pride Multicompound std grip (46.5 grams).The head weight with the screw in is 6.8 ounces / 192.777 grams. How do I get this to the recommended D1 or D2 swing weight?

How do I add or subtract weight?
I don't have a way to see what the swing weight is, so I am going in somewhat blind.

Thanks!

Altering weight to either the head or grip.
Without knowing what it is and what you prefer, I’m not quite sure the best course of action.

This won’t be the answer you want but it’s really difficult, go to a fitter, hit some shots and experiment with different swing weights that they set up - they may use lead tape etc...

You could try this…

I have no idea how accurate this will be for you though.
Club length (not detailed in your post) is a key element to swing weight.

Swingweight scales are pretty inexpensive but overall club weight is also a big factor in feel and performance. Most golfers can’t tell the difference of 2 swing weights in a driver or iron. I like heavy shafts in my irons which means a much lighter iron with a 85 gram shaft could have exactly the same D2 swingweight as my irons but feel much different and be much less accurate for me. Your results and preferences will be different.

Back