donny475

I’m not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just watching TXG Youtube and they are demoing the AutoFlex Shaft out of Korea, only somewhere around 700 us for it, but no Stiffness rating, anyone can swing .....have you heard of it and if i missed something somewhere will apologize now...... Supposedly it was at the PGA show last year @JB @JDax @Canadan @golfunfiltered any insight?

Just watching TXG Youtube and they are demoing the AutoFlex Shaft out of Korea, only somewhere around 700 us for it, but no Stiffness rating, anyone can swing .....have you heard of it and if i missed something somewhere will apologize now...... Supposedly it was at the PGA show last year @JB @JDax @Canadan @golfunfiltered any insight?
Hi donny,
I've watched many of the korean reviews. IMO there's not much in it for the average golfer. Matty from TXG is pretty much a scratch golfer who has the ability to adapt and find the clubface. Although he gained nearly 10mph on pure swing speed his efficiency went down quite a bit...imagine now an average golfer...

The slower swingspeed guys (korean reviews) achieved pretty much the same distances compared to their previous gamers but the dispersion and especially the efficiency rating suffered severly.

I do believe it won't really make a difference for the average guy who already struggles to find the clubface with sub 60g shafts because of poor swing dynamics.

Nevertheless, the Autoflex shaft can be really beneficial for someone who hits his driver consistently and doesn't put too much load on the shaft. I just don't think it will work for the guy with a quick transition/poor swing dynamics who struggles to control a 50g shaft.(like myself)
The technology is clearly there and I'm really intrigued to see in depth reviews but I'm pretty sure timing this shaft correctly in order to see real world gains will be the biggest issue for the average golfer.

Reviving this one as I just watched the video where Matt slowed down his swing and demonstrated the performance for different swing speeds. Has anyone tried one of these? Could there actually be something to this? @JB can you get your hands on one for testing? There is actually different flexes for different swing speeds so the name is a little misleading. It was actually pretty funny seeing the really light soft shaft whip around like a fishing rod. I’m super curious about these but there is no way I am spending $700us to try one unless one could guarantee a straight ball flight with solid ball speeds

would this get more conversation if it was in the shaft thread?

Reviving this one as I just watched the video where Matt slowed down his swing and demonstrated the performance for different swing speeds. Has anyone tried one of these? Could there actually be something to this? @JB can you get your hands on one for testing? There is actually different flexes for different swing speeds so the name is a little misleading. It was actually pretty funny seeing the really light soft shaft whip around like a fishing rod. I’m super curious about these but there is no way I am spending $700us to try one unless one could guarantee a straight ball flight with solid ball speeds
Probably. I will reach out.

Awesome, looking forward to hearing what you think of it

Last edited:
They are for sale on the Autoflex website, according to the IG ad I got the other day. Worked out to about $845 USD, plus $60 shipping. Not worth it, in my opinion. Unless you have access to a TXG-type fitter that can build it precisely for your needs. Off the shelf I think it'd be a lottery ticket.

Last edited:
Probably. I will reach out.

would love to know what you think. this one is out of my price range but i’m still curious.

Despite being called “Autoflex” the shafts are rated by swing speed, similar to flex recommendations.

image_1606102381638_1000.png

I think it seems like a cool experiment, but after watching the TXG guys play with it a bunch the last couple months I'm pretty sure I would dislike the feel of it to the level of nightmares, regardless of results.

Despite being called “Autoflex” the shafts are rated by swing speed, similar to flex recommendations.

image_1606102381638_1000.png
Look at the weight of those things! Incredibly light!

Imagine breaking the sound barrier with a flick of your wrist. That's what you do when you crack a Bull whip.

Now imagine doing the same thing with your golf club. How fast do you think you can get.

That's is the feeling I get when I swing this club.

I am typical Hacker. Swinging out of my pants might reach 103 mph.

220 to 250 pokes. Total. I don't have skyNet to keep track of my Carry.

So I hit the ponder button thanks to my friend and @Space Bandito who told me I needed a Game improvement shaft to match my 102 posted 18 hole score.

Well, well what do you think FedEx drop off 48 hours later. From North Carolina, USA. Where Bryant Brothers at MyClubMaker in Shelby took my order right over the phone.

AutoFlex SF 505 X 45" uncut shaft.

With a Lamkin Crossline Oversize grip, Logo Up, two wraps. Cobra Speedzone 9.0 tip adapter included. Set to -1.5° giving a total shaft length of 46.5 inches. The same length I currently play my Project X Hzrdus smoke Yellow 6.5 65 gram shaft. So there's no need for any further swing plane adjustments. Tee it high and let her fly...

@Space Bandito knows that it's either a Bomb or a Straight, straight Straight shot, into the woods. 300. Maybe. Lol. If you don't find the ball.

Well the 103 max swing speed was cruising for a bruising. 117 mph. On AutoFlex - AutoZone?

Who knows. But it was definitely not my maximum spinal Disc Fusion Poppins effects.

So only time will tell.

Don't have a launch monitor. But next week will compile some Arcos Golf Driver Data. And share.

Today all I can say is , Read em and weep Boys.... Read em and Weep.

Or call Bryant your self. He a fine Southern Gentleman, even if he's born a raised in North Carolina. And yes I told him myself and I have a home in Monroe North Carolina to prove it.

AutoFlex Speedzone Cobra....

Kinda has a nice ring to it. Don't you think?20201218_194610.jpg20201218_032335.jpg

This shaft is super interesting.. although all the vids the TXG guys do shows to me it is super inefficient.. I don’t really see the benefit of high club head speed that is offset but super high spin. It is like driving down the round in a lambo with the e brake on..

Imagine breaking the sound barrier with a flick of your wrist. That's what you do when you crack a Bull whip.

Now imagine doing the same thing with your golf club. How fast do you think you can get.

That's is the feeling I get when I swing this club.

I am typical Hacker. Swinging out of my pants might reach 103 mph.

220 to 250 pokes. Total. I don't have skyNet to keep track of my Carry.

So I hit the ponder button thanks to my friend and @Space Bandito who told me I needed a Game improvement shaft to match my 102 posted 18 hole score.

Well, well what do you think FedEx drop off 48 hours later. From North Carolina, USA. Where Bryant Brothers at MyClubMaker in Shelby took my order right over the phone.

AutoFlex SF 505 X 45" uncut shaft.

With a Lamkin Crossline Oversize grip, Logo Up, two wraps. Cobra Speedzone 9.0 tip adapter included. Set to -1.5° giving a total shaft length of 46.5 inches. The same length I currently play my Project X Hzrdus smoke Yellow 6.5 65 gram shaft. So there's no need for any further swing plane adjustments. Tee it high and let her fly...

@Space Bandito knows that it's either a Bomb or a Straight, straight Straight shot, into the woods. 300. Maybe. Lol. If you don't find the ball.

Well the 103 max swing speed was cruising for a bruising. 117 mph. On AutoFlex - AutoZone?

Who knows. But it was definitely not my maximum spinal Disc Fusion Poppins effects.

So only time will tell.

Don't have a launch monitor. But next week will compile some Arcos Golf Driver Data. And share.

Today all I can say is , Read em and weep Boys.... Read em and Weep.

Or call Bryant your self. He a fine Southern Gentleman, even if he's born a raised in North Carolina. And yes I told him myself and I have a home in Monroe North Carolina to prove it.

AutoFlex Speedzone Cobra....

Kinda has a nice ring to it. Don't you think?View attachment 8981069View attachment 8981070
So you gained 24+ mph swing speed?

So you gained 24+ mph swing speed?
117 minus 103 is 14 miles per hour increase. Not bad for a Grey Wolfe Hacker.

This shaft is super interesting.. although all the vids the TXG guys do shows to me it is super inefficient.. I don’t really see the benefit of high club head speed that is offset but super high spin. It is like driving down the round in a lambo with the e brake on..
Definitely, the proof is in the pudding. I know that I am just the guinea pig, and had to drop some cash for the Dash.

If it fails to perform, it will sit nicely in my garage with the other contestants who were all water and no hat.

The arcos is semi reliable.

I promise not to delete the shots.

If I lose the ball I will mark the approximate landing spot.

And will let everyone see where the bullets fall.

I needed to jump start my year, and shiny new clubs always motivated me to spend more time on the course.

Heads up or flat on its face, square, Straight, Hooks and all. I will be happy with Fairways. And will drop kick the stick if it only finds O.B and Woods.

In a week or two we will know.

And by the way I never hit the sweet spot. As Dr. Sholl's foot spray will demonstrate to all.

So if is only useful for trained professionals or trained wheels it's a definite NO.

Good Night to you.

Sweet Dreams to all.

Warm up starts off at 90. Then 102, 106. Then 65 %. 111, 111 mph.20201218_222329.jpg20201218_222329.jpg

Ok now we decided to tighten my boot straps. Buckle up 90%. 117, 117, 117.

Honestly I was doubtful myself about yesterday. Maybe it was a fluke.
20201218_221757.jpg20201218_223539.jpg20201218_223552.jpg

Slow down to 90 or 100 not a problem. Step on the gas Boom. 105, 106, 110, easy as a knock down wedge.

Step back on the power.

117 was back. Redline performance on demand.

Only FIR and GIR count. Driver does not always equal trophies and doe.

But I don't remember sitting around for 4 or 5 weeks, then picking up a club for the first time and swinging 112, 114, 116, 117. Then just 117 on demande.

Will she be a beast of burden....

Or a trusted Steel Wheel Torrey Pines fairway finder.

Only the gods know.

Swing Speed Radar picks up the toe, which messes up with the speed rating. The speed it measures is typically several miles per hour faster than you'd get in a Foresight or Trackman.

why did I read this.... idk if anyone is more of a damn equipment nerd than me... I thought I found my shafts this year (although I have oddly lost distance, my dispersion has been great unless its a terrible swing) & I spend on dumb ****... but 865.. .f**k me. I'll be reading up on these way too much and hopefully get swayed away :ROFLMAO:

Swing Speed Radar picks up the toe, which messes up with the speed rating. The speed it measures is typically several miles per hour faster than you'd get in a Foresight or Trackman.
Even if the speeds are higher, the ratios should stay similar. It's still a significant speed gain.

Back