why did I read this.... idk if anyone is more of a damn equipment nerd than me... I thought I found my shafts this year (although I have oddly lost distance, my dispersion has been great unless its a terrible swing) & I spend on dumb ****... but 865.. .**** me. I'll be reading up on these way too much and hopefully get swayed away :ROFLMAO:

Don't do it.

Get fit for a TPT Red Shaft.

And autoflex shafts are fairly light - he might have picked up speed from the weight, not only from the design of the shaft.

Don't do it.

Get fit for a TPT Red Shaft.

what's thaaaat one.... I love my velocore, but I always search for what's next :cool:

what's thaaaat one.... I love my velocore, but I always search for what's next :cool:

Machine made shaft offering consistency from shaft to shaft - and no spine. I've hit the TPT Red for almost a year in driver. Their fairway shafts are in prototype and will start coming out soon. Those are also incredible.

Even if the speeds are higher, the ratios should stay similar. It's still a significant speed gain.

Yes, but how much of the gain is due to the lite weight, if any, or the design of the shaft.

Yes, but how much of the gain is due to the lite weight, if any, or the design of the shaft.
That's kind of the point. Light weight will always be faster. This Korean voodoo is supposed to be faster without sacrificing stability. If you gain 10mph and still deliver the middle of the clubface, magic will happen.

That's kind of the point. Light weight will always be faster. This Korean voodoo is supposed to be faster without sacrificing stability. If you gain 10mph and still deliver the middle of the clubface, magic will happen.

Something is amiss on that measurement. Having tested numerous times 90 gram to 29 gram, picking up 14 mph of club head speed has never come close to occurring. Ball speed, yes. But that is a HUGE number. Stability can be had in some light weight shafts, modern materials have allowed for that, including T1100 and others, and I am not doubting the poster, but the swing definitely had to have changed.

Something is amiss on that measurement. Having tested numerous times 90 gram to 29 gram, picking up 14 mph of club head speed has never come close to occurring. Ball speed, yes. But that is a HUGE number. Stability can be had in some light weight shafts, modern materials have allowed for that, including T1100 and others, and I am not doubting the poster, but the swing definitely had to have changed.

Yep, something happened. One doesn't gain 14 mph with a shaft or lite weight.

I am more interested in the same head with the old shaft, versus the new shaft and distance/dispersion

Won't be that much faster unless you traded for something like 120g for 50g; and lite weight doesn't always translate to more distance. Hop on Trackman if you get a chance comparing old v. new.

Swing Speed Radar picks up the toe, which messes up with the speed rating. The speed it measures is typically several miles per hour faster than you'd get in a Foresight or Trackman.
why did I read this.... idk if anyone is more of a damn equipment nerd than me... I thought I found my shafts this year (although I have oddly lost distance, my dispersion has been great unless its a terrible swing) & I spend on dumb ****... but 865.. .**** me. I'll be reading up on these way too much and hopefully get swayed away :ROFLMAO:

;)

@Desmond
Used the same speed read on the same day with my 46.5" gamer and then back to back with the Autoflex. Same head. Click and switch. Same Hacker.

103 gamer. 117 Autozone

110 ripping Gamer. 117 LPGA in the Zone.

But FIR is key. Or Autoflex is on it's way to Ebay.

2 or 3 rounds we will know

And @Space Bandito will either glow or give it the blows of Bull sitz. If the shaft does not live upto the hype.

I honestly don't believe it myself.

Backyard, range swinging for the fences is practice. Tee boxes and Hazard left, trees right is better find the lane. Short grass baby.

Or else it's back to gamers shafts and ponder land.

Peace

Well....this is a thread. :oops:

:ROFLMAO:

i don’t disagree, but i’ve seen it with a reviewer i trust. it makes no sense, but it happens time after time and even they can’t explain it. unfortunately at like $1k per unit we probably won’t see a big enough sample size to assess trends vs anomalies. but it is really interesting.

Like a Zebra in NYC. But hey they have a couple at the Bronx Zoo.

Who would have Known.

It's definitely interesting to see that much of a gain. The only thing I can think of is the amount of flex in the shaft unloading at impact. It would accelerate the club much quicker than a stiffer shaft. One of the selling points is how much the Autoflex loads. Someone mentioned it reads the toe, which would be the fastest part of the head rotating through impact. It will be interesting if his radar speed translates on the course. That's the only place it really matters anyway.

It's definitely interesting to see that much of a gain. The only thing I can think of is the amount of flex in the shaft unloading at impact. It would accelerate the club much quicker than a stiffer shaft. One of the selling points is how much the Autoflex loads. Someone mentioned it reads the toe, which would be the fastest part of the head rotating through impact. It will be interesting if his radar speed translates on the course. That's the only place it really matters anyway.
That would completely eliminate any form of efficiency.

Yes, that was me about the toe. I know because I've had a SSR for 15 yrs or so and club makers told me, take off about 5-10% because it reads the toe which is moving faster at impact. That's a lot to take off - I'd say about 5% but that's a guess. My Voice Caddy SC300 was about 2% faster than Trackman when I compared it.

That would completely eliminate any form of efficiency.
Trust me, it will not be my first trip down the rabbit hole with a golf product. Only to find a hollow dead end.

But I hadn't spent much this year on golf stuff so the price tag wasn't a big road block. And my December Birthday and Xmas presents were bundled into one.

It feels whippy on the back swing but strangely solid on impact.

The seller told me to get one flex stronger than my usual 100 mpg swing speed to adjust for the weight and softer flex.

He also recommended that I add 2 grams on weight to my Speedzone Adjustable Driver for counter balance. And with the heavy oversize Jumbo Max grip by Lamkin, it just feels super solid. But also super soft.

Time will tell.

Gear Tinkering make me a THP'er.

And I only promise, my honest 2 cents.

Plus, just because it's Devine for me don't guarantee I'll be your cup of tee.

@Space Bandito was high on hit Oban. I look at the torque of the profile for the stiff and extra stiff shaft and instantly realized that I would probably not prefer that particular brand of Tea.

Yet, he was hammering the ball down the middle of the fairway all day, last time we played.

Peace, Brothers.

Trust me, it will not be my first trip down the rabbit hole with a golf product. Only to find a hollow dead end.

But I hadn't spent much this year on golf stuff so the price tag wasn't a big road block. And my December Birthday and Xmas presents were bundled into one.

The seller told me to get one flex stronger than my usual 100 mpg swing speed to adjust for the weight and softer flex.

He also recommended that I add 2 grams on weight to my Speedzone Adjustable Driver for counter balance. And with the heavy oversize Jumbo Max grip by Lamkin, it just feels super solid. But also super soft.

Time will tell.

@Space Bandito was high on hit Oban. I look at the torque of the profile for the stiff and extra stiff shaft and instantly realized that I would probably not prefer that particular brand of Tea.

Yet, he was hammering the ball down the middle of the fairway all day, last time we played.

Peace, Brothers.

Oban Purple - kicks well

Time will tell.

Peace, Brothers.

looking forward to your ongoing feedback. this is not a product that i am interested in purchasing, but i’m so intrigued by its claims and the limited testing ive seen so far, i really want to see more real world, unbiased feedback.

Pictures pictures pictures

20201219_104855.jpg

The driving range. It was more dirt than green. Could not get a solid grip and use any legs without slipping and sliding.

Having trouble with the uploading. Need to compress the files

20201219_121447.jpg

That was the best one captured by the swing caddie

Back