i feel like i’ve actually seen that from other tests. impressive increase in speed, but a decrease in efficiency.
Ian from TXG got 1.45 with both shafts in his test, but had 4mph more club speed with the Autoflex. Hate seeing it myself, because I really don't want to drop $800 on a shaft.

Last edited:
hope he doesn't put it in play, wouldn't want him to be dqed for using illegal equipment.
”Adam Scott was spotted testing an AutoFlex SF505XX shaft in his Titleist TSi4 (9 degrees). In early testing, Scott was looking at numbers to the tune of 182 mph, 11 degrees launch, and 2,200 rpm. Scott has been near the top in driving leaders all year, and this switch may be a new way in to optimizing that even more. The AutoFlex shafts are unique in their profile—in simple terms, they are light/stiff, AND whippy. Yes, that’s correct. Word is the shaft will most likely go into play this week.”

Long cold winter months are no good for the wallet...For anyone who has purchased one of these pink mistresses where did you go? I would probably get some nrs and send to TXG assuming they still can get this.

With all the mystique and stories out there around this product I feel like this is the Keyser Soze of the shaft world!

Adam Scott have one in play today?

Last edited:
Adam Scott have one in play today?
And if he wins sales will go through the roof for a $799 plus $85 shipping shaft. People will buy one w/o being fitted, it won't do anything for them and it will be the biggest buyers remorse of their golf equipment purchases.

I would love to play a shaft that gives me 20 yards, but damn I couldn’t see ever paying 800 for just the shaft. That is a lot of coin

I would love to play a shaft that gives me 20 yards, but damn I couldn’t see ever paying 800 for just the shaft. That is a lot of coin
Yet if I were guaranteed 20 more yards with at least equal accuracy as to now... I'd ante up in a nanosecond.

Yet if I were guaranteed 20 more yards with at least equal accuracy as to now... I'd ante up in a nanosecond.
Yup, most of us would. But it’s that accuracy thing that continues to haunt the added distance it seems....

Long cold winter months are no good for the wallet...For anyone who has purchased one of these pink mistresses where did you go? I would probably get some nrs and send to TXG assuming they still can get this.

With all the mystique and stories out there around this product I feel like this is the Keyser Soze of the shaft world!

I was not impressed by it.

This shaft needs a very good fitting to be correct, i have seen a +hcp player gain almost 35 yards from this shaft and better dispersion, it is not a plug and play shaft.
If they gained 35 yards they were in the worst fit ever before.

Only saw Scott hit this once when I flipped on the TV but he hit 183mph ball speed. That seems a bit higher than what I would guess his average but nothing too extreme?

He hit it 285 carry with the old driver, hit drives with autoflex reaching 320 carry.
I stand by my comment. That big of a jump has a significant fit thing going on. And hey, good for him to finding something that works.

I stand by my comment. That big of a jump has a significant fit thing going on. And hey, good for him to finding something that works.
I agree with you, the club builder i know who offers the autoflex says it requires a very good fitting and is definitely not for everyone, and not plug and play replacement for
your old shaft, like Rick Shiels in his youtube video :)

3 rounds in with Auto flex and I see no reason not to keep it in play. Yesterdays round really didn't learn anything from, course was really wet and there are several short par 4s where I hit 3W off the tee so my stats are muddled there.

Today's round tells me somethings: home course that drains much better than where I played yesterday. Funky wind (almost opposite direction on most holes, but that still gave me some good insight) but I hit 7 of 14 fairways..... that doesn't sound great, but on average I have been hitting 8/14. But looking back, it didn't give me credit for hitting the fairway on 18 when I did (was on the left edge, but it was short grass) and 17 I wasn't aimed at the fairway, I was aiming at another fairway and hit it right where I was aimed... so figure either 8 or 9 fairways, about my normal output.

But for distance... 17 and 18 are usually downwind, today wind was basically coming off the left. I hit distances about what I would expect when the wind was at my back. For the most part I made pretty solid contact and was pleased with distances. Had one that I blocked right, and another I blocked right with an open face (AKA SLICE CITY) which didn't cover a hazard. But that is on me and not the shaft and I think I would have done that no matter the club/shaft combo I swung.

Overall more distance with similar accuracy is what I am seeing, but still a very small sample size from an inconsistent golfer.

Adam Scott's driving accuracy today was 28.57%

Today's TXG video was I think very good on Autoflex and what other options might be like. I am glad when I purchased mine I went to them to get fitting advice on it.

if a different company made something like autoflex... yea
i dont like a whippy driver but to have more carry, thouhg the video says only 10 more total yards, would be nice on certain holes with trees, i like to cut the corner, or bunkers.

Well good afternoon gentlemen.

I feel like I am starting to come back from the dead.:cool:

Short story. Covid December 3 weeks. Post Covid Syndrome January and February 6 weeks.

Now finally back to golf.

My swing speed is significantly slower. Sub 100 even in the 80's. No surprise after being on bedrest for so long.

The Autoflex FS505X is not disappointing. It is definitely as long as any other shaft I have hit in the past. Zero buyer's regret.

I am actually still hitting the ball a good distance on my drives, even though I have lost over 10 mph on my Swing speed. And as confirmation, I am hitting my irons about 10 to 15 yards shorter than before my short rest in bed.

I also had a chance to hit it on a launch monitor for the first time today. 240 to 260. Decent dispersion. Slower swing speed than my usual 105 to 110. But my back spin was really high. 4k at times. Obviously old bones aren't used to sitting on the bench for any reason.

I used to have an aggressive swing, and even if I step on the pedal the results are satisfactory.

On the course, played about 5 rounds with the pink lady, were better than most. Improvements in my usual dispersion. 250 to 260 pokes. But after seeing my swing speed on the GC2, I am very much pleased with being able to hit the ball as far as I did.

Sweet Shaft.

Worth the money in my opinion. But everyone needs to do the cost versus benefits that fit their budget and their needs.

M2C

Peace ✌

Well good afternoon gentlemen.

I feel like I am starting to come back from the dead.:cool:

Short story. Covid December 3 weeks. Post Covid Syndrome January and February 6 weeks.

Now finally back to golf.

My swing speed is significantly slower. Sub 100 even in the 80's. No surprise after being on bedrest for so long.

The Autoflex FS505X is not disappointing. It is definitely as long as any other shaft I have hit in the past. Zero buyer's regret.

I am actually still hitting the ball a good distance on my drives, even though I have lost over 10 mph on my Swing speed. And as confirmation, I am hitting my irons about 10 to 15 yards shorter than before my short rest in bed.

I also had a chance to hit it on a launch monitor for the first time today. 240 to 260. Decent dispersion. Slower swing speed than my usual 105 to 110. But my back spin was really high. 4k at times. Obviously old bones aren't used to sitting on the bench for any reason.

I used to have an aggressive swing, and even if I step on the pedal the results are satisfactory.

On the course, played about 5 rounds with the pink lady, were better than most. Improvements in my usual dispersion. 250 to 260 pokes. But after seeing my swing speed on the GC2, I am very much pleased with being able to hit the ball as far as I did.

Sweet Shaft.

Worth the money in my opinion. But everyone needs to do the cost versus benefits that fit their budget and their needs.

M2C

Peace ✌

Welcome back! Happy to read you are on the mend and back in action.

Back