ripper

Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking at a possible relocation later next year due to work and they want me near Miami. I have stayed in Aventura a few times and found it to be pretty quiet, which is what I want. Anyone from around there? Any other ideas? I really want to avoid being in Miami, I just need to be within an hour drive or so. I would be working from home 90% of the time.

It's been a few years since I have been there but my grandparents used to live in Aventura and my aunt and uncle still live there. They loved it there but I wouldn't exactly call it quiet. You are really close to the beach which is great but you are definitely near Miami so it's like exactly quiet suburbia if that's what you are looking for. With the mall there it can get quiet a bit of traffic. If you are looking for a nice condo with both ocean and intercoastal views then Aventura is a great options.

I am looking at a possible relocation later next year due to work and they want me near Miami. I have stayed in Aventura a few times and found it to be pretty quiet, which is what I want. Anyone from around there? Any other ideas? I really want to avoid being in Miami, I just need to be within an hour drive or so. I would be working from home 90% of the time.

It's been a few years since I have been there but my grandparents used to live in Aventura and my aunt and uncle still live there. They loved it there but I wouldn't exactly call it quiet. You are really close to the beach which is great but you are definitely near Miami so it's like exactly quiet suburbia if that's what you are looking for. With the mall there it can get quiet a bit of traffic. If you are looking for a nice condo with both ocean and intercoastal views then Aventura is a great options.

Thanks! Do you know of any other locations that might be better? My priorities are something like a suburb and golf

I wish I had some areas to recommend but it's been years since I have actually lived there. There is another member on the site name Danilo and he currently lives in Miami and I bet he could give you some great recommendations. My parents live just north in Broward County and I would be happy to ask them. My dad does a lot of business in Miami so he is really familiar with the area.

Thanks! Do you know of any other locations that might be better? My priorities are something like a suburb and golf

I wish I had some areas to recommend but it's been years since I have actually lived there. There is another member on the site name Danilo and he currently lives in Miami and I bet he could give you some great recommendations. My parents live just north in Broward County and I would be happy to ask them. My dad does a lot of business in Miami so he is really familiar with the area.

Thanks any info would be greatly appreciated! I wont have a lot of time to go investigate in person and I have to kinda just take a risk and do my best job at finding a place beforehand.

Cooper City, I yet to meet someone living there who does not like it. It's nw of Miami proper and with the turnpike its a quick run to Miami. Lots of other smaller communities in broward county worth a look as well.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Maybe Danilo can chime in?? He is from Miami, right??

Had an interesting conversation with some folks about Western Broward county, even though it's probably a little farther than you are looking for. Anyways, there are some cancer clusters out that way, and no explanations for them. I had some papers come across my desk regarding some remote areas out that way for a new study to find the cause. Just a little heads up in that regards if you are still looking.

Thanks any info would be greatly appreciated! I wont have a lot of time to go investigate in person and I have to kinda just take a risk and do my best job at finding a place beforehand.

Had an interesting conversation with some folks about Western Broward county, even though it's probably a little farther than you are looking for. Anyways, there are some cancer clusters out that way, and no explanations for them. I had some papers come across my desk regarding some remote areas out that way for a new study to find the cause. Just a little heads up in that regards if you are still looking.

Interesting. My family lives in Western Broward County.

Thanks and .. scary!

Just a bump here to see if anyone has any additional insights.. Aventura is still high on my list, Cooper City looks great. I can go up as far as Ft. Lauderdale and an hour and bit drive south from Miami. Safe, good schools, nice areas are really important.

Hey ripper!!! Did you purchase any nice condo or still looking forward to get a beautiful beach house or condo?

Back