Awesome way to end the season

BobA

Reaction score
Handicap
So, just as we read in the Unfortunate Time of Year thread, here in Northern BC the courses are all closed up or in the process of doing so. For me 2019 has been a special season as this was my comeback to golf year after a 7 year layoff and I started poorly as even with “generous scoring” I posted around 110. I bought, traded in and rebought tons of new gear which was stupidly expensive but such a blast - wow things really have changed and I love gear ! - and I played every weekend and many times in the week; learning new things and relearning old things.

In the middle of the summer I broke 90 and posted a few 89’s and 88’s and then regressed to mid 90’s golf for a while but my last game of 2019 was last Sunday and it all came together; I played conservative golf; hit 13/13 fairways and only had one blowout hole to finally post a lifetime best 84 !

For those that like the WIMB story, In my bag - now called the 84 bag lol - was:
Rogue Draw Driver
Rogue #3 Wood
Big Bertha 19 Hybrids 4, 5, 6 and 7
Cleveland CBX 8,9, PW
CBX 52
PM Grind 19 58
CBX 60
PM Grind 19 64 ( wasn’t sure I’d have the guts to use it !!! )
EXO 7 Putter

This bag has now replaced my previous All Cleveland bag of launcher HB and is likely to be my “gamer” bag at the start of the 2020 season sometime next April.

Thank to everyone on here - reading stories and reviews has been great and I think this is an excellent community- and thanks for letting me brag about my end of season PB score

Cheers

Bob

Well done, my friend, and a great leap point to start next season. Congrats on the PB and I'm sure you'll break it next season!

Solid setup Bob!

Congratulations, those are some solid accomplishments this season and what a fantastic note to end on. Welcome back to the game (y)

Last edited:
Nice bag. Way to end on a high note too.

There is no better feeling than getting that PB congrats!

It's tough to beat ending the season in that fashion! Great job man and great bag setup too.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. For my fellow “gear nuts” I started with my old bag from 10 years prior of Ping G5’s then
  • Bought Cobra F Max - wasn’t really for me - sold some and donated others to some juniors
  • Went Cleveland - Launcher HB driver and woods and a mix of Launcher HB irons and CBX irons. Launcher HB stuff is great but I just felt more comfortable over the CBX
  • Found the Callaway BB hybrids - totally loved them - now I understand all the fuss about hybrids. Went with a Jailbreak theme to add the Rogue Driver and FW.
Of course if I lived in an urban area I wouldn’t have had to buy and try as many things - I’d have gone and got fitted - but I live very rural and the towns nearby have poor selection so for me it’s read reviews and take an (expensive) chance with online shopping.

That's an awesome way to end a great year. That'll definitely get you coming back!

Great way to end it!!!!!

Back