Review Axis1 Rose Putter Review

That’s precisely how I felt until I started rolling in putts that I haven’t made all summer.
This is why I just won't give it a shot.. Or a Truss putter.. Lol

Curse you, @Jman. You are a horrible influence on my pocket book. 😂

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I rolled the Rose quite some time ago at the local store and it didn’t seem to work for me. However, after reading the write up, and going through a stretch of mediocre putting, I tried it again and it really clicked. I had some trade in stuff, so I went home with it.

Took it out for 9 holes yesterday evening and I had an extremely successful round on the greens, with 14 putts and 2 birdies. I spent another 30 minutes on the practice green before going home and am pretty excited about it. It really seems to keep me on line and I was making a lot of putts in that 10 to 15 foot range, something that has been really missing from my game. I will have it in the bag tomorrow and will report further.

Interesting how the 2nd test gave you a different take, enough to buy one. I was somewhat keen on the rose but didn’t get along with it when I finally rolled one. Maybe I should keep an open mind. The design ideas make good sense to me. 👍

Curse you, @Jman. You are a horrible influence on my pocket book. 😂

I mentioned earlier in this thread that I rolled the Rose quite some time ago at the local store and it didn’t seem to work for me. However, after reading the write up, and going through a stretch of mediocre putting, I tried it again and it really clicked. I had some trade in stuff, so I went home with it.

Took it out for 9 holes yesterday evening and I had an extremely successful round on the greens, with 14 putts and 2 birdies. I spent another 30 minutes on the practice green before going home and am pretty excited about it. It really seems to keep me on line and I was making a lot of putts in that 10 to 15 foot range, something that has been really missing from my game. I will have it in the bag tomorrow and will report further.

Interesting how the 2nd test gave you a different take, enough to buy one. I was somewhat keen on the rose but didn’t get along with it when I finally rolled one. Maybe I should keep an open mind. The design ideas make good sense to me. 👍

Ah come on, not fair to compare AXIS to that homely ole Truss. ;)
Would you really say one is visually more appealing than the other? I mean, one of them might have tech that actually works but neither are easy on the eyes..

Would you really say one is visually more appealing than the other? I mean, one of them might have tech that actually works but neither are easy on the eyes..
Without hesitation I would.

The PGASS near me had a used one that I putted around with for a while yesterday and I have to say the look got me at first but I love the feel of the face and was putting very well with it. There’s a very good chance that I go back and buy it, it was only $200.

I really like the all black head - wish there was someplace around me to give one a roll.

We have a fun background piece on the brand coming next week that I think THPers will enjoy. Pretty interesting stuff.

Going to roll this one again today and probably putt the eyes out of the hole with it. It’s so different, but dammit it’s a really solid putter and the weighting just works.

Operation find a mallet for 2021 starts with this one! On course again today!

Operation find a mallet for 2021 starts with this one! On course again today!
If it doesn't work out and you wish to give the Indi Allison black 34" a try....Let me know. We can work out a swap of some sort.

I made SO many putts with this today :ROFLMAO:

So, yeah, this one sort of broke my brain yesterday. I’m 4/4 for rounds this new year with a mallet, I’d been rolling my SeeMore m5x proto until yesterday when this went in and dammit...it’s not beautiful but the balance is insane still through the stroke, and the roll was as on point as when I reviewed it.

It’s a 2021 contender. :oops:

So, yeah, this one sort of broke my brain yesterday. I’m 4/4 for rounds this new year with a mallet, I’d been rolling my SeeMore m5x proto until yesterday when this went in and dammit...it’s not beautiful but the balance is insane still through the stroke, and the roll was as on point as when I reviewed it.

It’s a 2021 contender. :oops:

I love hearing that.

I love hearing that.
It’s just silly. It’s what I struggled explaining in the review, the face just wants to stay square no matter what you do, which is the design of course, but man it works.

Thanks for the write up and kudos for inserting the old Bard. I have no problem with the looks, but after coming back to golf after 13 years and seeing putters going for over $400, I was thinking “Hold, hold, my heart, and you, my sinews, grow not instant old, but bear me stiffly up”

It’s just silly. It’s what I struggled explaining in the review, the face just wants to stay square no matter what you do, which is the design of course, but man it works.
I gamed a Pal Joey for a long time. If you are a straight back straight through putter...This can't be beat imo.

I am lethal with this thing. Definite front runner for the bag

I have been struggling with my putting all year, and was recently fit for an Edel EAS 4.0 putter and have improved slightly coming from a TM Spider X. I hit about 30 putts today from 3-9 feet at PGASS with the AXIS-1 Rose black putter and made everything! This putter feels a lot like the Edel when you swing it, but it has a firmer feel off the face, and the black head with white alignment lines is super easy to aim. I hope
it performs the same on the course when I put it in play. I think the science behind torque balancing the putter face is sound and should help you start the putt on your intended line more often.

I got my car back from the body shop yesterday after almost 3 months and I’d forgotten this one was in it. Such a rock solid putter.

I got my car back from the body shop yesterday after almost 3 months and I’d forgotten this one was in it. Such a rock solid putter.
I’m curious if this continues growth. I like the idea behind it, but it’s hard as it doesn’t lend to fitting and that is a major growth section.

Back