Templet0n

washed...
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
snow..
For you all that travel regularly. When you travel via airplane and with a travel bag. How many of you add a backbone or spine to the bag?

For you all that travel regularly. When you travel via airplane and with a travel bag. How many of you add a backbone or spine to the bag?

since I use a soft travel bag I always use one.

Nope. Never.

I travel a lot but have never heard of adding a spine to a bag.
I use a semi-rigid bag for >5 days trips

I haven't used one before but I did buy a soft case with the umbrella when I was going to be going to one of the experiences last year. I'd rather have it in there and not need it than need it and not have it.

Yeah, I use a stiff arm (assuming this is the same thing? maybe not...)

TSA has collapsed it ~half the time hahahaha. One time it was out of my bag but still in the travel bag.

Always!!!

I do because I have one. Not sure it does much good.

Never have and my bag has made 100's of flights.....I do jam many soft goods into my golf travel bag so my other bag is a carry on. So I do add cushion. Predominantly with 1w/3w and couple hybrids I do jam stuff around them to have them act together rather then seperate.

I do everytime. One less thing to worry about for me.

since I use a soft travel bag I always use one.
Same, i have the telescoping aluminum thing now, but used to use a broom stick and a towel around the clubs.

Last edited:
Every time. Cheap, weighs hardly anything, adds some protection, and I've seen some sad arrivals, so why not?

nope. Huge pain in the arse. Instead I have an extremely well padded club glove from top to bottom. Take all my head off and stuff in inside the bag or a carryon.

I have a Club Glove and I don’t add a back bone or anything...

Club glider journey, with backbone.

Never.

I remove the heads off any adjustable woods but still use a stiff arm as the head of my 3W is not removable. That and wrapping towels around the clubs have resulted in having not one damaged club.

I have a stiff arm. I use it, not sure it helps really but I still throw it in there.

Used two on me and my wife’s golf trip this spring. Worked great. Though I learned from @blazinden and @MattyD-MPLS to flip the irons over and disconnect the others that you can…. So that sounds like that works as well.

Used two on me and my wife’s golf trip this spring. Worked great. Though I learned from @blazinden and @MattyD-MPLS to flip the irons over and disconnect the others that you can…. So that sounds like that works as well.
Wait .. Walk me through this. Like literally turn the irons over so the shaft is sticking up and the head is on the bottom of the bag?

Wait .. Walk me through this. Like literally turn the irons over so the shaft is sticking up and the head is on the bottom of the bag?
Yup! I watched @blazinden and @Vader do that as they packed up yesterday!

That seems like a terrible idea. Up top you can wrap a towel around to eliminate chatter. Down inside the bag you have no control at all.

As a frequent traveler I would not go in that direction, but they aren’t my clubs 😀

I grabbed one to use for my trip this past weekend.

That seems like a terrible idea. Up top you can wrap a towel around to eliminate chatter. Down inside the bag you have no control at all.

As a frequent traveler I would not go in that direction, but they aren’t my clubs 😀
So do you remove the heads from the clubs that allow for it?

Back