Back in the game (insert male performance supplement name here)

blueonblack

...tears on a river
Reaction score
Hey gang. I've been on golf hiatus for the first time ever. 5 years without playing. Played since age 6, so its been weird. Lots of the 'ol "Life gets in the way" kinds of things going on.
Had a stroke in 2015, so that was a big part of it, and hand/forearm/elbow/shoulder injuries. Anyway, been hitting the physical therapy hard for many months to try to play again.
3 trips to the range. 3 large buckets. So far, so good.
Clubs should be ready from the clubfitter in a few days with some lighter and softer shafts for the irons and wedges. Starting over at 45 with physical stuff going on is humbling. But its so good to go to the course again and be outdoors and feel some old good feelings again. And doing things like not playing the tips will be easy to get used to.
Always good to have a place to talk golf. Thanks!

Hey gang. I've been on golf hiatus for the first time ever. 5 years without playing. Played since age 6, so its been weird. Lots of the 'ol "Life gets in the way" kinds of things going on.
Had a stroke in 2015, so that was a big part of it, and hand/forearm/elbow/shoulder injuries. Anyway, been hitting the physical therapy hard for many months to try to play again.
3 trips to the range. 3 large buckets. So far, so good.
Clubs should be ready from the clubfitter in a few days with some lighter and softer shafts for the irons and wedges. Starting over at 45 with physical stuff going on is humbling. But its so good to go to the course again and be outdoors and feel some old good feelings again. And doing things like not playing the tips will be easy to get used to.
Always good to have a place to talk golf. Thanks!

:welcome: Hope to hear your back on the course real soon, sir!!!

:welcome:

Welcome to THP. There are a lot of us, ahem, seasoned goflers here, but not nearly as many of us as there are great people here. Keep us posted - "90% of success is just showing up."

Sounds like your doing better, good to hear. :welcome:

Welcome :D

Welcome!!!

Welcome!

Glad to see you are on the mend! Welcome to THP. Make sure you let us know how you progress.

Welcome to the one and only THP!

Welcome to THP, you're going to like it here...

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to THP, and welcome back to the wonderful, frustrating game of golf! Best wishes on your recovery and hope you're out on the course soon.

Welcome back. I took close to 10 years off then at the end had a serious illness that resulted in 40 days in the ICU and 6 months extremely sedentary and had to rebuild all my strength from scratch. I have been back playing for 3 years now and while my swing speed hasn't come back most of the rest of my game has. My key was being patient and not pushing it. My attitude has also shifted a bit and every day is a good one especially days that include golf.

I also have new clubs out for delivery as I type this after a fitting two weeks ago.

Have fun with it. It is a great game.

You couldn’t have found a better place! Welcome!

Thanks all! Being patient as I can be. Once the clubs are ready to go, I think I am too! Little more range time to see how they work out.
Getting all my goofy golfing odds and ends together like new battery for range finder, etc. Anticipation is high.
First time back at the range it was so familiar, but so foreign. So cool how this game totally transports you to another realm when you get to the course or range. Still after all these years and rounds. Always has that sense of belonging to it. (Which is saying something, cause I feel like an alien everywhere I go!)

Welcome back to golf and welcome to THP.

Welcome aboard!

Welcome to THP!!

Been having fun so far gang. Thanks. Golf was always such a big part of my life.
Can't wait to get out and try my hand at this game on a course again. The range is fun, but its all meant for the real stage. (y)
Clubfitter is on notice telling me 24 hr turnaround on my clubs. :LOL:That was last Monday.
Gawd I hope he didn't get the Covid. :oops: Their phone system was all messed up today and couldn't get through. Uggh. Torture.

Back