Back to the Future: Irons Played

No question.

The Nike VR Pro Combos

1019152-aaa.jpg

Last edited:
Titleist 731 PM without question such a wonderful iron and only being available to lefties made it even better

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Srixon z-stars
images.jpeg

Mizuno mp-60 irons. Luckily I have a set, but just started playing ping g700 irons. it's nice to have that go to set in the garage.

As some others have already stated, the set I'd go with is my first set, Ping Eye2.

either of these:

Cleveland TA3's (which i still have in my basement from highschool)
HlrWGqpXxsGWNO3J1MO_cZucM1lFASH2pED2ZT8Tm3ist9-pNvB5NtU7gUzVavNyHu-3SpFotW4nKldczVRbgqD0Wg41Ey89-o4kCk7NJ83vYHP8caKe6QYSuJRqasOpG4w2rMFzxCsDmZLQ-PRgkkm3nZLe7w

IMG_4830__86932.1543354790.1280.1200.jpg

also made this OG finish....
s-l400.jpg

I loved my Titleist 735.cm so much so that I sold them once and immediately regretted it and bought them again. They were pretty.

Nike Vapor Fly. Loved every second of them.

No question.

The Nike VR Pro Combos

nike_procombo-300x203.jpg

These! But actually I wish the 14's with CB short irons were available for lefties ...

But as constructed, my current set of Srixon Z585/Z785 combo succeeds in filling the concept and very well i might add!

In order, what I have played since I stared taking golf more seriously:
Jazz Omni
Burner 2.0
Cleveland Altitudes
Cleveland Black CB
Callaway Apex
Wilson Staff C200
Callaway Apex CF16
Wilson Staff C200

If I had to pick a set to go back to, surprisingly the TM Burner 2.0. I absolutely loved them, and miss them dearly. Have looked at going back to them, but it almost costs more to buy them used now than when I bought them originally.

I'd game my old set of Cleveland TA7s!
Great shape and feel.

Another iron thread, yes, but hey they’re fun.

Of all the irons you’ve played, actually played not demo’d, what set could or would you go back to RIGHT NOW?
Bio Cells

in no particular order

macgregor mt pro-c
bridgeston j15 driving forged
Srixon z565

MP-32's. Such a good looking set of irons. Never really gave them a real chance of being a mainstay in my bag.

Probably my Callaway ERC Fusions. Sold them to a guy here on the forums for a song.

Bridgestone J15 DF

Cleveland TA3 gunmetal or rocketbladez, lots of success with both of those.

The original Nike Forged Pro Combos - LOVED THOSE and had them for 13 years. Probably the first instance of a hybrid blade/cavity forged blend set. (think they were released in 2005 or so)

MP30's are still in my bag (2003). I have three more modern sets that never get a run.

Nike VR Pro Blades
Bridgestone J36 Blades
Taylor Made RAC TP MB

I would be very happy to play any of those three sets again.

Bridgestone J15 CB
Bridgestone J40DPC’s
Hogan Edge GS circa 1995

in that order.

Another iron thread, yes, but hey they’re fun.

Of all the irons you’ve played, actually played not demo’d, what set could or would you go back to RIGHT NOW?
Tour issue PiNG I-5’s

Irons I've played:

Kids clone clubs
Ping I3 Blades
Mizuno MP5
Taylormade M2 ('17)
Srixon z765
Srixon z785 (twice)
Cobra F9
Cobra FTB
Cobra King CB
Mizuno JPX919 tour
Mizuno MP20 combo set
Cobra King Pro ('16) CB/MB (still on honeymoon phase)

Probably out of those I would narrow to 785, I3, JPX, MP5 and Cobra chrome heads which still like half.

Out of those its down to z785 and JPX 919 tour most likely but those are current so MP5/Cobra Forged Pro ('16)

Mizuno MP53

Pings, of course...
- Ping i5
- Ping i210

The Adams Xtd's I had were good for me but I wouldn't give up my FTB's for any of my old sets.

Back