I love thick cut bacon, right in that Goldilocks zone of crispy and tender at the same time.

Bacon story: Years ago I ate vegetarian for a couple of years. On a rafting trip with a group of friends, my veg meal plan was failing. Somewhere around day 10 on the trip I was hungry to the extreme. The group cooked up bacon. End of vegetarian eating. 😍

Any way I can get it.. If I'm picky then the Trader Joe's bacon is phenomenal.

Christmas morning bacon is good20201225_100059.jpg

Crispy. On top of an egg and cheese sandwich

How do y’all cook your bacon?

we now use the microwave & pop the bacon in for 5-7 mins! Comes out perfect & little clean up.

I forget the exact time and temp but I bought that extra thick block that’s 24oz of bacon and threw that in the Sous Vide something like 48 hours before we were going to eat it.

I then pan fried it on much higher heat than usual for something like 2 minutes one side and 30 seconds on the other.

2 things, the house smelled like bacon for 3 days which is lovely. Also, and most importantly, it tastes like bacon but you’d just bite it, suck on it a little, and it just dissolved. My house was divided on that, but to me it was perfect. Not perfect enough to ruin other forms of bacon for me, but the best I’d ever had.
Just saw this thread and was going to post this. I think I only did it for 24 hours, but it was divine. One side perfectly crisp and one side chewy. The best of both worlds, and it melts in your mouth. Too much work to do all the time, but so worth it for special occasions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I did the water bacon experiment @McLovin this morning. Bacon in the pan, cover it with water, high heat, steam it down, turn heat to half, then lower more - Turns out a bit less crispy and more chewy and moist - but lost some of the pepper in my pepper bacon.

We eat venison bacon every morning B08F4DA5-2520-4B73-AF16-F4C6DA2ADAF2.jpeg

I did the water bacon experiment @McLovin this morning. Bacon in the pan, cover it with water, high heat, steam it down, turn heat to half, then lower more - Turns out a bit less crispy and more chewy and moist - but lost some of the pepper in my pepper bacon.

i find the cook is more even than the traditional way. but it takes so long. now i’m more into baking it. line the baking tray with foil. bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. comes out very even and so much less mess.

Man never heard of this way. Seems like it could take longer I’m down to giving anything a try.

i find the cook is more even than the traditional way. but it takes so long. now i’m more into baking it. line the baking tray with foil. bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. comes out very even and so much less mess.

I just used less water at the highest heat and it did not take long - I noticed the water was gone, turned heat down to about 40% and then I used the old bacon press, and turned it down slightly lower - turning frequently. I was surprised that it was not that much longer than usual

How do y’all cook your bacon?

we now use the microwave & pop the bacon in for 5-7 mins! Comes out perfect & little clean up.
We bake ours in the oven. Takes a bit, but so good!

Thank You THP members for inspiring me to cook some bacon this morning. It was perfect!! Crisp and just melted in your mouth. And as a bonus two pieces were left that one one wanted. Except for me of course.;):ROFLMAO:

Thank You THP members for inspiring me to cook some bacon this morning. It was perfect!! Crisp and just melted in your mouth. And as a bonus two pieces were left that one one wanted. Except for me of course.;):ROFLMAO:
You're welcome!! Gotta love the left over bacon, cant let it go to waste!

Thick cut anyway but burnt.

Thick cut, crispy, with some syrup on it.

Tomorrow - Belgian Waffles and Bacon!!!

Tomorrow - Belgian Waffles and Bacon!!!
I usually am in charge of the dinner at my house....maybe I can talk my wife into waffles and bacon tomorrow.

I usually am in charge of the dinner at my house....maybe I can talk my wife into waffles and bacon tomorrow.

I use a pancake mix that is good and add 1/2 tsp of vanilla to whatever the directions state... pretty easy.

Did someone say bacon???

Thick cut cooked in the smoker. You can thank me later

Back