Bad Breaks: What's The Worst You've Had or Seen?

Playing in a NYD scramble a couple of years ago. Hit a great iron shot on a par three that would have hit within 5' of the pin but the ground was frozen so it bounced 20 yards in the air and off the green down the back.

Hit a great second shot which landed and buried into the top lip of the bunker. In my attempt to get it out (the bunker was next to the green) I caught the lip and sprained my wrist. I couldn't play for almost 3 months. Was just trying to make birdie.

I lost a match on the first extra hole once because I hit a blackbird mid-flight with my driver and my tee shot dropped straight down finishing only 70 yards from the tee. It left me with a 315 yard approach shot to the green and I made bogey.

Golfing AND hunting? That's crazy, haha!

Bad Breaks: What's The Worst You've Had or Seen?

This definitely isn't as bad as some of the stories I've read, but I still laugh thinking about it. So the trees at my home course are known for 'keeping' golf balls if you're unlucky enough to hit into one. I was on #3 on Black Horse, which is a 350ish, uphill, dog leg right hole. There's a tree right behind the ladies tee box, that really can only be hit if you severely pull you drive. Well guess what I did? Yup, pulled my drive and watched it speed directly at the tree, and I thought I saw it ricochet left. I was playing by myself and the course was pretty empty so I was roaming around trying to find it. I was about to give up and go back and re-tee, then I look up and see what is circled in red in the picture.

tjdYKsMl.jpg

I had to toss my Orange Whip up there to get it down, haha! Gotta love this game we play :D.

Last edited:
Back