Bad day on the course? What type of music gets you out of that funk?

rallo

#FYF
Reaction score
Handicap
goodenough
Something about Hip-hop Barbecue can shake me out of even the worst rounds. What is your go to song or type of music when things look bleak?

Michael Jackson

Slacker Radio - Kanye West

Anything specific? I feel like the intro to Billie Jean could do wonders.

All of it, put on the Greatest and just goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Something about Hip-hop Barbecue can shake me out of even the worst rounds. What is your go to song or type of music when things look bleak?
I'm a big fan of hip hop bbqs. Also beastie boys radio. Now that I have Sirius xm, I'll stream lithium a lot.

On the course, nothing, because I don't listen to music. If I did, it would be some classical. Something to calm me and make me internalize my surroundings. After a bad round I listen to "For Me This is Heaven" by Jimmy Eat World because all think about when I listen to that song is my wife and I am reminded at how truly blessed I am for her and my kids. Puts bad rounds in perspective because those high scores don't matter.

The Eagles, especially greatest hits '71-'75.

Mixture of nostalgia and preference. Relaxes me so it centers me too.

This sounds like a job for some T Swift.

Upbeat songs: Buffet, Beach Boys, Springsteen, things of that nature.

Music, nah.

I find what cheers me up is calling my wife during the drive home and whining about every single bad bounce, duffed chip and putt I left short during the round. That usually brings me right out of it.

I like playing with golfers who bring music even though I never do myself. Old stuff works best for me but there again I'm old too. I think I've made more birdies, and thrown more darts in my THPer rounds when an AC/DC track is rolling than all other artists combined. IDK why, it just happens?

There's nothing that a good rousing chorus of I Will Survive can't get me through.

That or Joan Jett.

Positive, 90s hip hop or something with good energy like Happy by Pharrel.

Where do I even start...

I played today with a retired white guy from Fort Myers Florida. Surprisingly, He was a huge reggae fan and blasted it on the course. Surprisingly good music to golf by, especially considering I typically hate music on the course.

Classic Rock..........especially like Crystal Blue Persuasion on the course.

been jammin to some Linkin Park lately on the course lol. Dunno why seems to fire me up and keep me focused

I put on some Yardbirds - Got to Hurry or Someone to Love and all the bad things from the course are forgotten.

Metal. Then, more metal.

Old school Kid Rock mixed with some newer Kid Rock with some 80's Classic rock mixed in.

I typically go with rap songs I know a bunch of the lyrics to. It allows me to relax and have fun on the course.

Nothing on the course, but probably some blues/blues rock on the way home.

Back