SHIFTY

Orgasm Donor
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've seen all kinds of lies in my life, balls enbedded in the side of a tree stump, up in a tree.
But my buddy Kyle had this lie in the rough, a bit off the beaten path last night, lol
We said play it as it lies, he's like 'I don't want to hurt the little guy'... We laughed. 'he's flat man, don't think you have to worry about it'.
You ever have a really bad/funny lie?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Sox_Fan

BHG Homer
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Yep, I don't think he will feel any pain. I've had some bad ones but never one where I had to try to figure out how a dead animal was going to impact contact and ball flight.

Daddio

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10.4 GHIN
If I'm Kyle I only play that as it lies if I can play it with one of you clubs. Wretched.

J.B. Cobb III

#Shaftgate
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
No animals were harmed in making this post!

nogophers

Reaction score
Handicap
18.7 GHIN
He should have moved the dead animal, which is considered a loose impediment, instead of his ball. That being said, I would have done the same thing because who wants to touch a dead animal?!

MWard

My Name Is Fritters
Albatross 2019 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
He should have moved the dead animal, which is considered a loose impediment, instead of his ball. That being said, I would have done the same thing because who wants to touch a dead animal?!
Was gonna say, I’m not touching that with my hand or club!

KY Golfer

The Black Cobra
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Bourbon

SHIFTY

Orgasm Donor
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
you have the perfect name for this thread nogophers lol. Pretty sure it was a gopher, as it was too big for a squirrel.

nogophers

Reaction score
Handicap
18.7 GHIN
you have the perfect name for this thread nogophers lol. Pretty sure it was a gopher, as it was too big for a squirrel.
Ha! Never caught that. Just a simple Badger fan who likes to make fun of the tiny rodent representing the University of MN.

Nappy

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
PBR
I'd take the penalty rather than have to deal with whatever nose hair burning smell was going to come after hitting that.

DataDude

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

DataDude

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'd take the penalty rather than have to deal with whatever nose hair burning smell was going to come after hitting that.
I think you can move the animal as a loose impediment. Obviously this is an area where a rules official ought to be able to apply common sense in a tourney and in a game with friends common sense also ought to be applied.

pjleduc

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've hit geese in the fairway before, but Ive never hit an animal so hard it died in the past...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

shanewu

@shaneb0t
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Haha, of all the places for the ball to stop... should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

ULEWZ

Golf Magician
Reaction score
Handicap
Was gonna say, I’m not touching that with my hand or club!
Ya, what if you were buttering your bread with your club, yuck. (cue in other post where they buttered bread with a club).

KEV

Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
During a high school golf tournament I hit my drive under a tree. I had a swing in it but right next to the ball was a deer leg. That one is still fresh in my mind after all these years.

ntanygd760

Reaction score
Handicap
I am moving the ball and not touching the animal and I do not care what anyone says.

As far as weird lies off the top of my head. Cup holder of cart, parking lot, in the bathroom entry, on the paved entry of the pro shop, 3 feet in the air somehow held up by water reeds type grass, under a honey bee hive stand thingy, on a frozen lake.

SHIFTY

Orgasm Donor
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am moving the ball and not touching the animal and I do not care what anyone says.

As far as weird lies off the top of my head. Cup holder of cart, parking lot, in the bathroom entry, on the paved entry of the pro shop, 3 feet in the air somehow held up by water reeds type grass, under a honey bee hive stand thingy, on a frozen lake.
The frozen lake thing brings back a memory of that as well, playing for money with my friend, he hits a ball into the water, but its actually on the thin ice near edge. He was able to hit it out, and save bogey I believe. He beat me by one stroke... lol

Smiter

I'm not a Club Pro
Albatross 2019 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Life RN

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in