Bag Battle SeeMore Si2 vs Cobra Super Nova

hedley_lamarr08

Happy to be here.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Two entirely different animals! I am not un-happy with the Super Nova but I struggle with distance control on shorter putts. Kinda odd but from 10 feet my distance control is much better than 4 feet. I've struggled with putting setup trying a lot of different grips and stances. Had some extra trade in material around the house so I traded for the SeeMore. I wanted to test the RST. I wanted to see if I could learn to set up better and make me a better golfer.

First round out today: I played a shorter course around 6000 yards. A lot of elevation changes and some greens that were really slow with 39 degree temp at first tee. I played a Titlest ProV1 into the greens with a yellow and green ProV1 for putting on each green. (luxury of having cool temps and empty course) The greens today were really slow with some decent amount of slope and rolled pretty smooth given the time of the year.

Short putts were clearly in favor of the SeeMore. Didn't putt through breaks or get really off line. I used the RST for setup as I watched in videos last night. Easy clean up of anything inside of 5 feet or less. The Cobra not as much. Same issue usually missing slightly on the lower side and watching it trickle away from the hole.

Long putts were pretty even. The SeeMore required more speed on the stoke but didn't really have any negative outcomes on results.

Overall today went to the SeeMore. Not by much. This will be a process for a little while. I can say that I really like the face on the Cobra and would like to move the Sik face to the SeeMore. The small center shafted putter does require a more precise stroke given the amount of size it surrenders to the Cobra. I'll keep this updated as time goes.

Combining size and feel, can anyone speak of the feel of the Mizuno M Craft V? It looks to be in the middle.

I really like my SeeMore the RST really helps.

Two entirely different animals! I am not un-happy with the Super Nova but I struggle with distance control on shorter putts. Kinda odd but from 10 feet my distance control is much better than 4 feet. I've struggled with putting setup trying a lot of different grips and stances. Had some extra trade in material around the house so I traded for the SeeMore. I wanted to test the RST. I wanted to see if I could learn to set up better and make me a better golfer.

First round out today: I played a shorter course around 6000 yards. A lot of elevation changes and some greens that were really slow with 39 degree temp at first tee. I played a Titlest ProV1 into the greens with a yellow and green ProV1 for putting on each green. (luxury of having cool temps and empty course) The greens today were really slow with some decent amount of slope and rolled pretty smooth given the time of the year.

Short putts were clearly in favor of the SeeMore. Didn't putt through breaks or get really off line. I used the RST for setup as I watched in videos last night. Easy clean up of anything inside of 5 feet or less. The Cobra not as much. Same issue usually missing slightly on the lower side and watching it trickle away from the hole.

Long putts were pretty even. The SeeMore required more speed on the stoke but didn't really have any negative outcomes on results.

Overall today went to the SeeMore. Not by much. This will be a process for a little while. I can say that I really like the face on the Cobra and would like to move the Sik face to the SeeMore. The small center shafted putter does require a more precise stroke given the amount of size it surrenders to the Cobra. I'll keep this updated as time goes.

The two putter solution to your bag.

Combining size and feel, can anyone speak of the feel of the Mizuno M Craft V? It looks to be in the middle.
Those two putters couldn’t be more different lol.

Just ran this through the ropes in a fitting, the Mizuno M Craft V that is. I mean hard to describe a putter, but it has a soft face even for a milled putter, but doesn’t bounce off the face like some inserts do. I’d define it as really smooth. It has a slight toe hang for more of a straight stroke. I love that it comes with a free weight kit.

It’s going to be lighter than that super nova and that super nova has no toe hang. It’s designed for a straight back and through stroke, zero arc.

The seemore is way lighter and has a ton of toe hang built for a ton of arc.

I would say overall yea the m craft V does sit somewhere in the middle, but still favors someone with more of a straight stroke with little to no arc. It’ll probably feel more similar to the seemore than cobra I would think.

I ultimately landed on the Evnroll ER2 for what that’s worth but it was like 55% to evnroll and 45% to m craft V.

This morning was simulator golf but the SeeMore really stands out. As of right now, its in the bag.

Good luck with it.

I keep a brass FGP around as a training putter.

Last edited:
Good luck with it.

I keep a copper FGP around as a training putter.

my intention was just as a training aid... it may end up more than that. I'm going to find some Mizunos to roll before i decide

my intention was just as a training aid... it may end up more than that. I'm going to find some Mizunos to roll before i decide

Not copper - brass. It was one of the semi-originals

But yes, the RST makes a good aid to remind you are where to set the wrists for a proper address position.

Not copper - brass. It was one of the semi-originals

But yes, the RST makes a good aid to remind you are where to set the wrists for a proper address position.
I've always been a "swiper" and this seems to fix the problem. I've always used over sized mallets. Maybe this changes the game for putting for myself

I'll be following this thread. I have a Supernova and love it. Had to change the stock grip, but after that, it has been money. Really want to try out a SeeMore this year as well.

After one out door round and a sim round I really think I’ve been using the wrong kind of putter. I have more of an arc than I thought. The SeeMore makes it easier to use a natural putting stroke.

After one out door round and a sim round I really think I’ve been using the wrong kind of putter. I have more of an arc than I thought. The SeeMore makes it easier to use a natural putting stroke.

I've had several face balanced putters for SBST strokes and they don't last long. Whether it's SeeMore or a putter with slight toe hang, when you stand to the side of the putter, after several inches, you tend to have a natural arc. For me, some toe hang or a putter that wheels around freely like a Lab or a SeeMore tends to work better naturally. Some like the "stability" of the face balanced putter meant for SBST. We're all different.

I've had several face balanced putters for SBST strokes and they don't last long. Whether it's SeeMore or a putter with slight toe hang, when you stand to the side of the putter, after several inches, you tend to have a natural arc. For me, some toe hang or a putter that wheels around freely like a Lab or a SeeMore tends to work better naturally. Some like the "stability" of the face balanced putter meant for SBST. We're all different.
Then there’s the whole there’s no such thing as true SBST…unless you putt like Bryson.

Then there’s the whole there’s no such thing as true SBST…unless you putt like Bryson.

Yep. Wasn't it Loren Roberts, known as a great putter, that manipulated his hands during the stroke so he stayed SBST.

Bliss. That’s the feel. Bliss.
I'll have to find out soon. I've ignored my game on the greens for way to long. If I'm going to get lower numbers, this is the route.

I also rolled this one at PGATSS - impressive putter, great feel.

SeeMore- the completely milled heads, also have great feel - the mFGP2 comes to mind

Both are different so you have to try them out.

I also rolled this one at PGATSS - impressive putter, great feel.

SeeMore- the completely milled heads, also have great feel - the mFGP2 comes to mind

Both are different so you have to try them out.
I'm not ruling out potiential new Cobra putter releases as well. I would venture to guess they would have something coming.

Have you gone to a putter fitting? It can be really eye-opening and will tell you what type of putter is gonna work best for you.

I'm not ruling out potiential new Cobra putter releases as well. I would venture to guess they would have something coming.

I'm not real brand loyal. I need to do a WITB someday.

Rolled a mFGP yesterday, so I know the battle you're going through. I made the first 6 putts in a row with it, and it had me questioning myself quite a bit.

Hope this battle goes well for you!

I'm not real brand loyal. I need to do a WITB someday.

I'm always going to give Cobra a look along with anyone that would set me up with clubs and treat me the way I was treated. I will game what makes me better though.

I'm always going to give Cobra a look along with anyone that would set me up with clubs and treat me the way I was treated. I will game what makes me better though.

With that being said, I may would be the guy that bought a blue or white truck and put a running bird logo in the back window if I were to win a spot in the Victory Cup. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back