Bag Boy Nitron Push Cart

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Fantastic cart featured in the latest THP Digital Magazine. The Bag Boy Nitron is best in class push cart.

I looked at this one at gg. It's pretty stout!
It would be on the list if I hadn't just bought a new push cart. Super solid.

I may be in the market for a push/pull cart this season and this one looks pretty good.

I love my clicgear 3.5+ but this looks really good! If it's built solidly, I think they have a winner

I have their Quad...great push cart. Very light, easy to unfold/fold, as well as a small footprint.

I'm not #pushcartmafia but if I was I would take a good look at this cart for sure having walked a few rounds last year. I just don't walk enough to justify the cost.

I have 2, an older Sun Mountain and a BagBoy Quad that is my go to for the last couple of years, BagBoy makes a great Pushcart IMO. I am actually looking at a BB Cart Bag to mate up with my TopLok

I have been thinking for a while about getting a new push cart.. I want to walk more this year. This plus that new Sun Mountain ( think) speaker bag would be pretty dope..

I've played with this cart at the store a few times and I love all the features of it. My only complaint is, it doesn't feel quite as solid as my ClicGear 3.5. That being said, it has some amazing features I wish I had. I have always liked the drink holder on the Bag Boy carts compared to the clicgear, the phone holder and top lock would be amazing to have paired with my Bag Boy Bag. I won't be purchasing one as I have the ClicGear but I told my buddy who's getting a new bag and cart this should be at the top of his list.

It is super solid. It would be especially nice if you use a bag boy or a datrek bag with the top-lok!
Actually I have a Bridgestone Tour B stand/carry bag, so that would be probably the One Big Question: How will my bag sit in it?

I'm not #pushcartmafia but if I was I would take a good look at this cart for sure having walked a few rounds last year. I just don't walk enough to justify the cost.
I'm not, either. (Yet?) Two of the three guys I golfed with last season were emphatically uninterested in walking. The younger guy, the oldest son of one of the two, was. But... in returning from the range at the course closest by me, I stopped and talked to a group that was using push/pull carts. Only one of the five courses I played last season where I saw anybody walking, and golfers walk often at that one. So I'm thinking about it. Will have to see how this season goes. Push/pull cart is on the "maybe" list, along with shoes, a range-finder, and new irons :)

I've yet to pull the trigger on a push cart, but this one is at the top of the list.

Actually I have a Bridgestone Tour B stand/carry bag, so that would be probably the One Big Question: How will my bag sit in it?

I'm not, either. (Yet?) Two of the three guys I golfed with last season were emphatically uninterested in walking. The younger guy, the oldest son of one of the two, was. But... in returning from the range at the course closest by me, I stopped and talked to a group that was using push/pull carts. Only one of the five courses I played last season where I saw anybody walking, and golfers walk often at that one. So I'm thinking about it. Will have to see how this season goes. Push/pull cart is on the "maybe" list, along with shoes, a range-finder, and new irons :)
I actually enjoyed walking last season when we were forced to do so BUT once carts were allowed that quickly faded away. Carts are so much faster

That one looks really nice!

Good improvements and quicker opening than the Clicgear. The tire size looks good so should push nice and storage is okay. They just need a way to be able to stand the bag upright a bit more if needed built into the cart, as well as moving the break lever to a position under the handles. I actually threw my Clicgear 3.0 into a dumpster because I would change the mounting system on it to push some bags up and ended up losing the screws. I know for myself, having the ability to adjust that angle is a must.

THP coming through with great timing again. About to refresh my cart (CaddyTek CaddyCruiser) and narrowed it down to the BB Nitro and Clicgear 4. The thread on the cg 4.0's new silicone strap system problems have tipped the scales back to BagBoy. My biggest concern is that the Nitro uses plastic parts while the CG is thought of as being built like a tank. Any thoughts on durability of the Nitro from current users? Will that Nitro canister last 5+ years?

I just bought one- no course time yet. With a lot morre plastic, I don't think it will prove as durable as my Clicgear 3.5+ that I still like. But I picked it up for:
- the slightly lighter weight both taking it in and out of the trunk, assembling and presumably easier to push it in wetter conditions asnd uphill
-faster assembly and disassembly
-the drink holder seems an improvement over the cup mounts on the CG that are subject to tipping
- the allan wrench tool provided to adjust front wheel alignment if needed looks a lot easier than trying to adjust it on the CG.
- I'm told by the salesman ok to leavethe umbrella on while folded, which I've done, but I'm monitoring to make sure it doesn't stress that area during transport.

A bonus is that it fits in my Clicgear travel bag. It gets in bit easier in the bag than the CG in my quick trials, by being a bit lighter but also a bit shorter, though a bit higher. I still plan to use a bungy on it for my SUV open space, but it seems to me that the way it sits folded and with lighter wheel assembly it may anyway be less prone to roll around than the CG. I certainly need to secure the CG with a bungy unless I've got clubs in there too.

Last edited:
Received one for Father’s Day. I have about ten rounds in with it and love it. Very sturdy.

Christmas of 2020 the wife and kids bought me one and a cart bag that has the lock in the top for the cart. Due to winter I started playing it feb of 2021. I put 45 rounds on it last year and love it. Want to buy the seat for the wheel for the slow days on the course, and the travel bag cover for my rig. To try and keep the grass out of the trunk. All in all love the bag and cart combo. I laugh when I watch some of the clicgear guys folding this and turning that.. I just pop it open set bag in and go...good option for anyone who likes the push carts.

Christmas of 2020 the wife and kids bought me one and a cart bag that has the lock in the top for the cart. Due to winter I started playing it feb of 2021. I put 45 rounds on it last year and love it. Want to buy the seat for the wheel for the slow days on the course, and the travel bag cover for my rig. To try and keep the grass out of the trunk. All in all love the bag and cart combo. I laugh when I watch some of the clicgear guys folding this and turning that.. I just pop it open set bag in and go...good option for anyone who likes the push carts.

Hey, don't hate on us Clicgear Guys LOL. Truth be told I've been looking at this cart and would love to upgrade..... but nothing is wrong with my clicgear so it's hard to justify the $$ at this time. I'm sure sooner or later I'll give in to temptation.

Depending on a upcoming decision on joining a course, I will be purchasing one of these in short order

I really like my Nitro as well. Don't have the Bag Boy bag as I carry sometimes still. Quick and easy to open and works well on the course.

I have started looking at push carts but they all seam to have the bag leaning at an angle that would make it hard to pull clubs.

I have started looking at push carts but they all seam to have the bag leaning at an angle that would make it hard to pull clubs.

I like the Nitron bag carry angle. My older SM quad cart held the bag more straight up. Although I haven't used it on course yet, this seems more stable. Access to clubs is fine for me. My petite wife did say she thought this would be harder for her to get clubs in/out than the SM quad.

IMG_0475.jpeg

I like the Nitron bag carry angle. My older SM quad cart held the bag more straight up. Although I haven't used it on course yet, this seems more stable. Access to clubs is fine for me. My petite wife did say she thought this would be harder for her to get clubs in/out than the SM quad.

View attachment 9067197
Ok, that's not too bad. I remember by buddy using one about 13 years ago (Bag Boy?) that was more upright with thin spoke tires.

Back