I continue to be most impressed with the ergonomics of the bag. To be honest, I wasn’t sure how I’d get on long term with the top being that I’m a long time 4-way carry bag guy, but it’s been nice so far. Granted, I’m not in prime testing season carrying 18 or whatever clubs while working on writing reviews, but it’s been a pleasant experience.

The clips have loosened and I’ve gotten better and putting the clubs in.

Storage is bottomless it feels like.

Im a fan of the all black look that I have.

It rides excellent on carts, and push carts as I showed and hopefully put that discussion to bed...

All around, if you’re a cart bag guy I don’t know how the top and design Wouldn’t enamor you into taking a closer look at least.
As a cart guy, the top and the external putter scabbard are the selling points. I'm also one of those that hate hearing my clubs banging together, so the clip lock system is another plus,

I continue to be most impressed with the ergonomics of the bag. To be honest, I wasn’t sure how I’d get on long term with the top being that I’m a long time 4-way carry bag guy, but it’s been nice so far. Granted, I’m not in prime testing season carrying 18 or whatever clubs while working on writing reviews, but it’s been a pleasant experience.

The clips have loosened and I’ve gotten better and putting the clubs in.

Storage is bottomless it feels like.

Im a fan of the all black look that I have.

It rides excellent on carts, and push carts as I showed and hopefully put that discussion to bed...

All around, if you’re a cart bag guy I don’t know how the top and design Wouldn’t enamor you into taking a closer look at least.
So, it may or may not be my comment on the push cart that you were talking about. I think mine sits on more of a slant, but it's probably because my cart is an off brand. I really like how upright it sits on your cart.

Also, I am one who thought the "spinny top" was a gimmick. It absolutely is not. It allows you to access any club from anywhere. Not sure how or if I will ever go back to a standard bag 😁

I'm TRYING to find flaws in the bag. It's tough...

IK saw one of these at the PGASS and i was actually impressed and think it would be a good add to the push cart. I have a BB Quad XL cart so I have been wanting aBB Bag to take advantage of the TOPLOK

So, it may or may not be my comment on the push cart that you were talking about. I think mine sits on more of a slant, but it's probably because my cart is an off brand. I really like how upright it sits on your cart.

Also, I am one who thought the "spinny top" was a gimmick. It absolutely is not. It allows you to access any club from anywhere. Not sure how or if I will ever go back to a standard bag 😁

@Davidhibler, I've loved your review. I had one of these bags for a short time earlier this year but sold it due to 2 issues. Your review has made me think I was too hasty in my judgment. The 2 issues were (1) the clip locks in the top did not loosen up for me and it was a struggle I wasn't prepared to fight, and (2) the upper carry handle seemed to interfere with the top front pocket just enough for me to take note of it (my fat fingers would rub against the handle when zipping & unzipping the pocket). I really liked the rotating top and external putter scabbard, but as I mentioned when replying to Jman, I hate clubs banging together. That's one of the key reasons for having the bag and the clip locks never loosening ruined it for me. I guess buyers' remorse made me move a bit too quickly.

No worries though. I have a bag coming in that solves my main concern. If you don't mind, I'm thinking of borrowing your style and posting a review thread on it similar to what you've done. I've really looked forward to and enjoyed your daily review posts.

Anyone with one of these bags and the Shot Scope tags tell me if the Grip Loc feature causes any issues? Tried finding pictures to see how the grip holder works and could not find anything.

IK saw one of these at the PGASS and i was actually impressed and think it would be a good add to the push cart. I have a BB Quad XL cart so I have been wanting aBB Bag to take advantage of the TOPLOK
Honestly, my wife wants a push cart. Have been thinking about giving her mine and grabbing maybe a BB nitro. That top lok would be an awesome feature to take advantage of!

@Davidhibler, I've loved your review. I had one of these bags for a short time earlier this year but sold it due to 2 issues. Your review has made me think I was too hasty in my judgment. The 2 issues were (1) the clip locks in the top did not loosen up for me and it was a struggle I wasn't prepared to fight, and (2) the upper carry handle seemed to interfere with the top front pocket just enough for me to take note of it (my fat fingers would rub against the handle when zipping & unzipping the pocket). I really liked the rotating top and external putter scabbard, but as I mentioned when replying to Jman, I hate clubs banging together. That's one of the key reasons for having the bag and the clip locks never loosening ruined it for me. I guess buyers' remorse made me move a bit too quickly.

No worries though. I have a bag coming in that solves my main concern. If you don't mind, I'm thinking of borrowing your style and posting a review thread on it similar to what you've done. I've really looked forward to and enjoyed your daily review posts.
Thanks for the kind words!

@Turtlerancher, I do not currently have the shotscope tags on my clubs, but i would say it depends on your grips. I don't use them on lamkin grips or any grips with a rounded cap. The tags don't hang over the side on midsize golf pride grips, and I am still monitoring grip wear (more to come in the next couple of weeks) . At this point I can't recommend using them with this bag.

Last edited:

Haha, I honestly don’t remember who made the comment, I just remember I forgot to take a pick abs get it up when the conversation was taking place. Better late than never :ROFLMAO:

It does sit exceptionally well on the Clic, and that’s without the staff bag attachment they make to help some other bags sit taller.

I’m the same with the top. I rolled my eyes, until at the THP Club Lab JB spun it and I let out a “holy **** let me try that” :ROFLMAO:

Day 23 - Random Thoughts

Feeling the same as so many on here - the rotating gimmick is only a gimmick until you see it! Interesting thoughts on the bag setup...with two drivers, it definitely makes sense to lock them in. With one driver, I'm still thinking the non-lock slot may make some sense. Easy access to the club you hit the most with no need to lock it in since it should be taller than every other club. The weather finally turns this week, so looking forward to getting it out on the course and seeing how it works in action!

Honestly, my wife wants a push cart. Have been thinking about giving her mine and grabbing maybe a BB nitro. That top lok would be an awesome feature to take advantage of!

The toplok tech is great! I have the bb triswivel 2 and use the bb chiller bag. I never even fool with using the bottom strap to lock in the bag because the toplok cradles it so well. Ive never had any issues with it at all! I have a couple other bags but dont really like to use them on the tri swivel because they dont have toplok. The more I read this thread the more you guys are making me want a revolver!

I think I’m push carting this one for 36 today! (y)

Day 24 - Pocket #4

Back to the pocket reviews - if you're asking yourself why the pocket reviews are still going...it's because there are so many of them! I'm flipping over to the other side (umbrella side) and am going to label the big pocket as #4. Nearly identical to #3 on the opposite side, the only differences are the umbrella that sticks through it and no ball retriever sleeve. I apparently took too many pictures of the other side, but since they're essentially the same, you can see below that the big pockets fit two size 14W shoes with no issues. Great for someone who likes to have a lower profile when they putt (put the no spike shoes in the bag and change them every hole...you'll still play faster than half the pros!).

20210217_205014.jpg

Also great for those that try that miracle shot next to the swamp and fall in. Either way, lots more room here!

The umbrella really doesn't get in the way, but just a reminder that a wet umbrella could make some things a little wet inside.

20210217_211336.jpg

You guys are a terrible influence! Ordered a revolver from Rock Bottom Golf yesterday in the black/charcoal/lime color scheme. Says it will be delivered today and I’ll be rocking it by the weekend!

You guys are a terrible influence! Ordered a revolver from Rock Bottom Golf yesterday in the black/charcoal/lime color scheme. Says it will be delivered today and I’ll be rocking it by the weekend!
Post up picks! Curious to see what that combo looks like

You’re going to be impressed by the Revolver top. Just remember, the clips will loosen (in a good way) over time.

Day 25 - Pocket #4 (5-year-old edition)

We're halfway to 50!

For those following along, you know that my 5-year-old daughter has been helping review the bag to figure out what all she can pack along on our next trip to the driving range. Well, last time we were there, she heard me yell, "YEAH LET THE BIG DOG EAT!!!" after a beautiful drive and then explained to her that hitting the 200 sign with your drive is ok because these are range balls and it would have gone at least 450 if it was a Pro V1.

So of course, she wanted to see how many "Big Dogs" she could fit. Bingo, Barley, and Rosie were up for the challenge, and had no problem fitting in one of the two large pockets on the Bag Boy Revolver XP Cart Bag.

20210217_204417.jpg
20210217_204337.jpg20210217_204348.jpg

Rock Bottom Golf didnt disappoint! I ordered it yesterday morning with a couple gloves and got free “home in2” shipping. Home in 2 turned into home in 1, it was on the carport when I got home from work this evening. My initial thoughts are: I love the lime/black/charcoal color theme! The lime really pops against the black and my bb pushcart has the lime wheels so Ive got that going on which is nice . I transferred everything over from my bb chiller which has also been a great bag up to this point. Club placement is probably going to change 1836393739362836 times until I figure out just what suits me best. For now I have woods in the back, irons in the middle, and wedges up front - depending on how its turned of course . The bag has very ample storage space and I really love the putter well on the side. From some of the reviews I was worried about the bag being overly huge but I find it to be a just right. It looks like it will fit in the back of the golf cart just right and also looks like it wont be huge on a push cart. A couple years ago I had a C130 and I feel it was larger, it never fit my push cart well so I sold it to a co worker. My second color choice would have been the navy/orange but I was afraid people would think I was a an Auburn Tigers fan with that scheme and I cant stomach that ha!

15fc2285c1fd2ef3f4a6770f9b2acb9e.jpg

Oh that’s a slick setup!
Rock Bottom Golf didnt disappoint! I ordered it yesterday morning with a couple gloves and got free “home in2” shipping. Home in 2 turned into home in 1, it was on the carport when I got home from work this evening. My initial thoughts are: I love the lime/black/charcoal color theme! The lime really pops against the black and my bb pushcart has the lime wheels so Ive got that going on which is nice . I transferred everything over from my bb chiller which has also been a great bag up to this point. Club placement is probably going to change 1836393739362836 times until I figure out just what suits me best. For now I have woods in the back, irons in the middle, and wedges up front - depending on how its turned of course . The bag has very ample storage space and I really love the putter well on the side. From some of the reviews I was worried about the bag being overly huge but I find it to be a just right. It looks like it will fit in the back of the golf cart just right and also looks like it wont be huge on a push cart. A couple years ago I had a C130 and I feel it was larger, it never fit my push cart well so I sold it to a co worker. My second color choice would have been the navy/orange but I was afraid people would think I was a an Auburn Tigers fan with that scheme and I cant stomach that ha!

Ooooh. I like that color!
I'm taking mine out on a special trip to North Carolina tomorrow.
You know, for science.

Ooooh. I like that color!
I'm taking mine out on a special trip to North Carolina tomorrow.
You know, for science.

One must test their hypothesis

I should of held out for those color ways when I purchased my Datrek, that would look killer on my lime green Quad XL! 🤩

Day 26 - Range Day

Made it out to the range today and the bag came through (the swing not so much!). Provided excellent access when switching clubs and the small pockets were convenient for storing my wallet, watch, etc. I noticed 2 things today:

1) Access to the bottom of the small pockets is easy, which will make my wife EXTREMELY happy since I tend to lose my ring in the bottom corners of golf bag pockets from time to time.
2) I really need to reevaluate my setup. The two drivers in the middle is crowded and just not going to cut it. More to come on this...

20210310_081400.jpg

Took this guy out for a tour of my favorite course today. Tobacco road!
20210310_134556.jpg

Got paired up with a local, and a gentleman from Nashville so I got to show the bag off a bit. Not much more to report for today, other than I really do like the configuration I have settled on. Everything is easily accessible.

20210310_134541.jpg

Last edited:
Day 27 - Pocket #5

Alright, next pocket up for review is the outside pocket on the umbrella side of the bag. While it appears to be the same size as the first pocket I reviewed, the umbrella really takes a lot of the depth out of the pocket. You're looking at something thin to go in here - think yardage guides, your backup towel (pictured), or the embarrassing photos of your opponent that you'll need to break out at just the right time.

20210311_205544.jpg20210311_205355.jpg

Day 28 - Pocket #5 (5-year-old edition)

You may recall that my daughter was able to fit 20+ members of the Paw Patrol in a pocket in an earlier review. Well, those of you with kids won't be surprised that she found some more! In this pocket, we were able to fit a decent-sized Skye, 8 Paw Patrol pups, and another dog that is definitely not Paw Patrol but has apparently been adopted into the group. I'll note that the umbrella was NOT in it's pocket, so it gives you an idea of the added capacity if you decide to leave the umbrella at home. This pup might not be flying, but at least she'll be able to play a quick 18!

20210217_204507.jpg
20210217_204517.jpg

Back