I’ve been looking for a Cart Bag to add to my rotation.... I picked up one of these because of this thread

7C3D2ADB-3D54-47BC-B3D2-06F03DE4E247.jpeg
B9905E3F-E1CC-4C87-8335-38C59B9891F6.jpeg
7727BE8B-EFBC-4BFD-BF4D-424131FEDE08.jpeg
4B5E9F36-BB44-434F-A588-219C1DBEC475.jpeg
2F93258B-39D6-47F5-859C-3B36E4A94CA7.jpeg
As soon as I get back out to the course I’ll provide some feedback....

Mine arrived as well! Still not sold on how I have it setup, but I am sure it will be kind of a wait-and-see thing.

Getting out to the course on Saturday, so will likely have more feedback then.

Mine arrived as well! Still not sold on how I have it setup, but I am sure it will be kind of a wait-and-see thing.

Getting out to the course on Saturday, so will likely have more feedback then.

We need pictures! This thread has turned a bunch of us into "revolvers". :D

We need pictures! This thread has turned a bunch of us into "revolvers". :D

It is down in the basement, will definitely take some pics though.

It is such a neat concept, and it makes me feel good to know my new Apex Irons won't be getting smashed into each other while I am in the cart.

Has anyone had the chance to use it on a Bag Boy cart with the Top Lok yet? Curios how the revolving feature would work.

Was talking about this bag to someone a few weeks ago, havent used one yet but want to. Love the features and looks of them.

So got back out today, and the bag sat perfectly on the cart for me!

20210225_115117.jpg

Today was a warm one, so that cooler pocket came in handy. Toss a few water bottles (or whatever) and you're good to go.

I drove about 40-45 minutes to meet up with a guy from work today (he of course got a kick out of the revolver top), and the one thing that really stood out to me as I was driving was the lack of noise. I'm talking ZERO chatter. I think that's really cool.
The Grip-lok and clip-lok make for a really quiet bag. As @BoilerCLE showed, you can actually turn this thing upside down and they stay in place. I can hold the bag horizontally and shake it...these things are staying put!

The one down side I have seen to this system is when the clubs are locked in, it seems to take up more cargo space length wise. Not a huge deal for me at all though.

It is down in the basement, will definitely take some pics though.

It is such a neat concept, and it makes me feel good to know my new Apex Irons won't be getting smashed into each other while I am in the cart.
That is the primary benefit to me. I simply do not like my clubs banging together. I also really like the external putter tube.

Day 13 - Rest

A lot of content scheduled over the next several weeks - we haven't even touched the pockets yet! But today looks like a good day to take a break and pick it back up tomorrow. LOVING all the interaction on this thread - let's see those bags!

Has anyone had the chance to use it on a Bag Boy cart with the Top Lok yet? Curios how the revolving feature would work.

Also, really interested in this one. A push cart's on my list to get at some point but I don't have one yet...

So my test bag came in today. Ive been pretty excited to test this out against my sun mountain c130 cart bag.

After unboxing it, it became clear that I need to put some thought into what clubs go where if I am going to take advantage of all of the features.

Here are some initial pics. I hope to get it out on the course by mid week next week unless I can catch a break in the rain on Sunday.

Side by side with the c130
View attachment 8992863
View attachment 8992864

Tops
View attachment 8992865

Bottoms. Bag boy on the right. The feet are rubberized. I dig that.
View attachment 8992866
View attachment 8992867
View attachment 8992868

There is one QC issue that I have noticed so far
The seam around the bottom came undone on one side. We'll see if that causes any issues.
View attachment 8992869

So far a couple of things have surprised me.

1. The top lock system takes quite a bit of effort to use. Maybe I will get used to it
2. Lots of storage. I knew it had a lot of pockets, but it has a really nice umbrella holder and a pouch inside one of the pockets for a ball retriever.
3. The putter tube is removable. Not sure what I think about that yet.
4. Not as heavy as I thought.

Anyway, that's day one, unboxing and first look for me. On course testing to come.

I’ll definitely be following this comparison as these are the two leading contenders for purchase. I’ve got a nice TM stand bag that I got a good deal on last year. I’ve learned that because I usually cart, a bigger bag would probably be more useful.

I’ll definitely be following this comparison as these are the two leading contenders for purchase. I’ve got a nice TM stand bag that I got a good deal on last year. I’ve learned that because I usually cart, a bigger bag would probably be more useful.
Both are awesome bags!
We're there any pictures or specific comparisons you are looking for?

Both are awesome bags!
We're there any pictures or specific comparisons you are looking for?

‘Nothing specific, but a thorough review between the two is welcome. When I first started thinking about a cart bag, it seemed the SM 130 was a huge favorite. Then, I saw the initial review of the Revolver and was intrigued. I missed out on the reviewer lottery, but was happy that someone with a SM 130 got one.

I’ll be down in FL next week and was hoping to put hands on each one at the PGASS. Having someone with more long term use chime in will be helpful in making the final call. I’m pretty sure I’d be thrilled with either, but the engineering brain in my head won’t let me pull the trigger without extensive analysis. 😋

Alan

‘Nothing specific, but a thorough review between the two is welcome. When I first started thinking about a cart bag, it seemed the SM 130 was a huge favorite. Then, I saw the initial review of the Revolver and was intrigued. I missed out on the reviewer lottery, but was happy that someone with a SM 130 got one.

I’ll be down in FL next week and was hoping to put hands on each one at the PGASS. Having someone with more long term use chime in will be helpful in making the final call. I’m pretty sure I’d be thrilled with either, but the engineering brain in my head won’t let me pull the trigger without extensive analysis. 😋

Alan
Understand the over analysis bit for sure!

Tell you what. Since this is a revolver specific thread, I'm going to leave the c130 out of the rest of the reviews because JB likes to keep it on topic. Shoot me a message and I can give you all the information on the SM bag (y)

Day 14 - Pocket #1

Alright, 2 weeks in and going to start draw these out a bit to keep building the excitement. Every day, I'll post a picture of one of the NINE pockets on the bag, and something useful that will fit in it. The next day, I'll post a picture of what my 5-year-old wanted to fit in it. Hopefully the two sets of pics will show the size and versatility of the bag while adding some fun as well.

Pocket #1 is the outside pocket on the left side of the bag (opposite of the umbrella). A decent-sized pocket that has some "wings" at the bottom so loose articles don't fall out.
20210217_203326.jpg
Pretty good pocket for easy access to a
lot of things. I've put a nice golf sweater in there with some room to spare...
20210226_201625.jpg

Day 15 - Pocket #1 (5-year-old edition)

This bag has so much room and so many pockets that you'll be scrambling to figure out what to do with all the space. So I enlisted my 5-year-old to come up with some ideas...

Pocket #1 (reviewed yesterday) is the outside pocket on the left side of the bag (opposite of the umbrella). It's also apparently the perfect place to put a foam finger for your favorite college basketball team. Boiler Up!

20210217_203419.jpg20210217_203408.jpg20210217_203433.jpg

Day 16 - Pocket #2

Pocket #2 is the middle pocket on the left side of the bag (opposite of the umbrella). This is the smallest non-waterproof pocket on the bag - definitely a good size for a rangefinder (pictured) or your stash of 78 tees and 27 ball markers that you nabbed at the local country club during your last charity outing. I also like to have a small pocket on the bag in case I ever get a hole in one so I don't lose the ball and can frame it. This is the perfect pocket for that purpose...I hope to test it out one day! :ROFLMAO:

20210228_195008.jpg20210228_195028.jpg20210228_195034.jpg

Alright guys, I have been having a serious issue with the bag.
I mentioned in my first impressions post, that there was a QC issue with the bottom seam on one side.

The issue is getting worse.

The bag has a structure, and it has slipped down, almost hiding the foot on that side, causing a severe lean.

I am having a hard time uploading pictures for some reason.

I do want to point out that the bag came to me like this, and did not come undone during use, so I'm not sure how big of an issue it really is. I'm sure they would replace it if you bought it from them and it came in like this.

I really don't find it that heavy. I was surprised. On paper it's heavy, but in hand seems reasonable to me 🤷‍♂️

Me too honestly. Its obviously not a stand bag, the company has those options, but for on the cart, it and moving it from car to cart and around the Tech Studio, not bad at all.

So got back out today, and the bag sat perfectly on the cart for me!

View attachment 8995178

Today was a warm one, so that cooler pocket came in handy. Toss a few water bottles (or whatever) and you're good to go.

I drove about 40-45 minutes to meet up with a guy from work today (he of course got a kick out of the revolver top), and the one thing that really stood out to me as I was driving was the lack of noise. I'm talking ZERO chatter. I think that's really cool.
The Grip-lok and clip-lok make for a really quiet bag. As @BoilerCLE showed, you can actually turn this thing upside down and they stay in place. I can hold the bag horizontally and shake it...these things are staying put!

The one down side I have seen to this system is when the clubs are locked in, it seems to take up more cargo space length wise. Not a huge deal for me at all though.
I really like how cart bags do it with the strap going inside that pocket rather than outside. Opens up some great availability.

Back