Just seems like a lot of extra weight to be pushing around. I can use my stand bag and save almost 4 pounds.
Are we talking 8.6lbs loaded up with clubs and ball or empty weight?
I’m pretty sure there isn’t a stand bag out there rhat would weigh 8.6 loaded with clubs and balls. You are looking at about 2-3 lbs more with a cart bag for the convenience of having more stuff with you and a spinning top. The average golf club weighs about 3/4 of a lb +

Just seems like a lot of extra weight to be pushing around. I can use my stand bag and save almost 4 pounds.
Are we talking 8.6lbs loaded up with clubs and ball or empty weight?
Empty bag. It’s really not, after all, the cart on wheels distributes it evenly. A ton of people use cart bags on theirs with no issues at all, almost all of our older members who use one have car bags and they’re 50+ with no issues.

I’m pretty sure there isn’t a stand bag out there rhat would weigh 8.6 loaded with clubs and balls. You are looking at about 2-3 lbs more with a cart bag for the convenience of having more stuff with you and a spinning top. The average golf club weighs about 3/4 of a lb +
The weight of the bag given the revolver mechanism is staggeringly low imo.

I've never understood the gnashing of teeth over trying to save a pound or two on a carry bag. 8 lbs is still not much.

The weight of the bag given the revolver mechanism is staggeringly low imo.
I suppose so, just not something I would choose for pushing. Not when you have options of starting out lighter weight.
The bag itself is great and if I rode all the time I would have one, just not something I think is worth the investment.

I've never understood the gnashing of teeth over trying to save a pound or two on a carry bag. 8 lbs is still not much.
I don't minimize what's in my bag when walking, don't have extras crap I don't need though either. But if walking (pushcart) why not minimize that weight? 2lbs isn't much, i get that but over a hilly course it does add up. Or could be I'm just way out of shape. :LOL:

I suppose so, just not something I would choose for pushing. Not when you have options of starting out lighter weight.
The bag itself is great and if I rode all the time I would have one, just not something I think is worth the investment.
Again though, with a push cart you’re talking about 3lbs and it’s distributed super evenly across the wheel base, I’d bet 95% of people would never ever notice.

I don't minimize what's in my bag when walking, don't have extras crap I don't need though either. But if walking (pushcart) why not minimize that weight? 2lbs isn't much, i get that but over a hilly course it does add up. Or could be I'm just way out of shape. :LOL:
I figure carrying the 2 extra lbs in a bag might help be lose the 30 around my waist. Lol

To be fair, when carrying 18-36 in a day, it is a lot of weight, so I agree that for your average Joe it’s overthought, but there’s a segment out there where it’s truly not.

Day 2: The Strap.

Lots of discussion about the weight of the bag... this is my first cart bag and I'm shocked at how light it is. Not sure i want to carry it 18 holes, but I'm sure my professional caddy in the pga tour wouldn't mind. For those in that situation (or just want to carry your clubs to the cart without it dragging you down), there's a very comfortable, adjustable strap. There's a really nice strap "holder" that keeps it in line and would do a pretty good job at keeping a bear from swiping your clubs.
20210213_170609.jpg

It's easily detachable as well - ideal for those who permanently attach it to a pull cart or those who like to use their bags to practice walking lunges.
20210213_170640.jpg20210213_170636.jpg

And finally, I don't think it's too big... unless you're a 5 year old (as my daughter models below).
20210213_170426.jpg

Again though, with a push cart you’re talking about 3lbs and it’s distributed super evenly across the wheel base, I’d bet 95% of people would never ever notice.
Agreed...I think this would be a perfect push cart bag. Not too heavy and lots of room. Plus I think the rotation would be really nice on a push cart.

Agreed...I think this would be a perfect push cart bag. Not too heavy and lots of room. Plus I think the rotation would be really nice on a push cart.
I enjoyed it my one time out with it on the push cart, I actually felt like I liked the revolver top even more.

I haven't had mine out on the course on the push cart yet, just pushed it around the house a bit. The top-lok isn't really compatible with my cart, but it isn't a huge deal.

Like @Jman said, the revolver is a pretty cool feature when it's on the cart.

I do feel like the clip-lok is going to be difficult to use when the bag is on an angle like that though. We'll see.

Day 3: The Handles

Every bag needs to have handles...but where those handles are can make the difference between you feeling like The Rock or Pee Wee Herman when lifting your bag. For those that want to star in the next Jumanji movie, this is the bag for you. Three - yes THREE - different handles allow you to carry and maneuver the bag with ease.

Handle 1 is hidden under the strap and is your standard carry handle - ideal for impressing the gallery with your display of pure strength and power.
20210213_170655.jpg
Handle 2 is the most distinctive and unique handle on the bag - something my carry bags don't have. Again, I'm new to cart bags, so I'm not sure if there's more to it than this, but it makes it really easy to position your clubs on a cart while also providing a path to lock in the cart strap. Plus, the logo and dimension of it just make the bag POP - I love it.
20210213_170720.jpg
20210213_170739.jpgGood luck finding handle 3! I was initially disappointed that there was no bottom handle...until I noticed this beauty built into the bottom pocket. This is the "golf trip in a minivan" handle so you can pull out your clubs without dumping them everywhere. I've seen handles at the bottom of bags, but hadn't seen any built into the pocket before. Then I looked at my Cobra Ultralight stand bag...and noticed that it also had the handle built in the bottom pocket. I've had it for 2 years and this is the first time I've noticed it. Doh! Well, maybe not as innovative as I thought, but still looks sharp!
20210215_135917.jpg

I think I know the answer, but wanted to confirm.

Is this the putter well that everyone is talking about? Does the Putter lock in there at the bottom as well?
1613422032838.png1613422035783.png1613422038374.png

Awesome feature - I am sure it is a great place to model those fancy SWAG covers as well! Their own private podium! haha

That is indeed the putter well!

Locks at the top only

got it thanks. Pretty interesting different feature. seems nice.

I’m looking forward to golfers getting this one out on the course and throwing up some thoughts. I’m pretty intrigued.

Day 3: The Handles

Every bag needs to have handles...but where those handles are can make the difference between you feeling like The Rock or Pee Wee Herman when lifting your bag. For those that want to star in the next Jumanji movie, this is the bag for you. Three - yes THREE - different handles allow you to carry and maneuver the bag with ease.

Handle 1 is hidden under the strap and is your standard carry handle - ideal for impressing the gallery with your display of pure strength and power.
View attachment 8993579
Handle 2 is the most distinctive and unique handle on the bag - something my carry bags don't have. Again, I'm new to cart bags, so I'm not sure if there's more to it than this, but it makes it really easy to position your clubs on a cart while also providing a path to lock in the cart strap. Plus, the logo and dimension of it just make the bag POP - I love it.
View attachment 8993580
View attachment 8993581Good luck finding handle 3! I was initially disappointed that there was no bottom handle...until I noticed this beauty built into the bottom pocket. This is the "golf trip in a minivan" handle so you can pull out your clubs without dumping them everywhere. I've seen handles at the bottom of bags, but hadn't seen any built into the pocket before. Then I looked at my Cobra Ultralight stand bag...and noticed that it also had the handle built in the bottom pocket. I've had it for 2 years and this is the first time I've noticed it. Doh! Well, maybe not as innovative as I thought, but still looks sharp!
View attachment 8993582
Didn’t know about the handle on my MC bag!! Thank you!! Going to check it out now

I’m looking forward to golfers getting this one out on the course and throwing up some thoughts. I’m pretty intrigued.

Was just looking for this thread to post 👊

So I have given the bag some work on my push cart. I was a little worried initially because the top lok isn't really compatible with the top cradle, but it hasn't been an issue at all.

Once I figured out what configuration I needed to use for my clubs, the revolving top has been amazing. I really didn't think I'd like that feature as much as I do.

Using the bag on a push cart has been good and bad.

The good : the bag sits nicely in the cart and surprisingly, isn't too heavy! Even loaded down with all my crap in it. As I mentioned, the revolving top is amazing. I have my irons and wedges set up around the outside, and the woods on the inside, so I just rotate to the club I need, and pull it out. Really great feature. The cooler pocket will hold 5 16.9oz water bottles. You might be able to squeeze 6. :)

The bad: and I want to stress that I have only tested this on the push cart as of now - the clip-lok and grip-lok. These were the two features I was most excited about going into this. When the bag is on an angle (like on a push cart) these features are a pain. The clubs are easy enough to pull if you use one hand on the bag and the other on the club, but putting them back is a different story. Takes a lot of time and effort.

At the end of the day, this thing is designed to be used on a cart. I'll take a cart tomorrow and see how this thing performs. I'm guessing it will be better.
More to come...

Mine is arriving either on Thursday or Friday. I'm looking forward to sharing some first impressions. One thing I already like is the separate hole for the putter. ;)

Mine is arriving either on Thursday or Friday. I'm looking forward to sharing some first impressions. One thing I already like is the separate hole for the putter. ;)
That is a really great feature.

It's pretty cool. With everything locked in, I can hold the bag horizontally, shake the bag and none of the clubs touch.

That is a really great feature.

It's pretty cool. With everything locked in, I can hold the bag horizontally, shake the bag and none of the clubs touch.

It's been quiet a few years since I had a separate putter tube on the side of a bag for a putter. LOL, I was sitting in front of my computer looking at a pic of the top of the bag and trying to figure out the where the clubs would go best. And yes, it's been a really slow day. :laughing:

Last edited:
Back