I's bee quiet a few years since I had a separate putter tube on the side of a bag. LOL, I was sitting in front of my computer looking at a pic of the top of the bag and trying to figure out the where the clubs would go best. And yes, it's been a really slow day. :laughing:

It was a challenge for me lol. I ended up with my irons and wedges around the perimeter. It's a great setup

It was a challenge for me lol. I ended up with my irons and wedges around the perimeter. It's a great setup

It's gonna take a few trys to see which what goes where. LOL, it will give me something to do on these boring Winter days here in Chicago. It will also give my wife the chance to say to me again, "Not another golf bag, don't you have enough all already!!!" :laughing: :laughing:

I’m looking forward to golfers getting this one out on the course and throwing up some thoughts. I’m pretty intrigued.
Yep - super jealous that @Davidhibler is getting opportunities to get it out there! We're still probably 2-3 weeks away here in STL, but will hopefully get out to an indoor facility this week.

Day 4 - The Putter Well

Lots of excitement about the putter well, and rightfully so. It not only allows for easy putter access, but also provides room for an extra club or training aid up top. The well does come with the click-lock feature, which I will review later. Note this review includes a bonus shot of the infamous BoilerCLE Plunger!
20210216_190910.jpg
20210216_190916.jpg

The well is removable and is secured by a strong velcro strip.
20210216_191032.jpg
20210216_191050.jpg
This gives you the opportunity to use the area for another purpose, although I'm not sure what that would be. Two options are shown below - a very secure, but poorly ventilated glove holder, or perhaps you might need a second umbrella? Another option (not shown) would be storage for 100 dixie cups if you felt like turning your bag into a mobile bar.

20210216_191137.jpg20210216_191309.jpg

Day 5 - The Umbrella Holder

Good news everyone...my 5-year-old helped me with a massive, entertaining photo shoot with the bag tonight, so we've got weeks of content on the way. If you haven't subscribed to this thread yet, you're going to want to do so!

In the meantime, I checked out the umbrella holder on my Bag Boy Revolver XP Cart Bag. Luckily for people like me who are still finding new features on their 2-year-old bag, Bag Boy makes it VERY clear where the umbrella goes!

20210217_211204.jpg

The bag has an blue strap to help reign in unruly umbrellas (like mine) that lost their velcro strap a long time ago.

20210217_211208.jpg

It's an interesting design where the sleeve goes inside one of the large pockets and is completely enclosed. It doesn't appear to be super waterproof, plus the sleeve doesn't have a hole in the bottom of it. You'll want to make sure your umbrella is completely dry before putting it back in - no idea how the sleeve would dry out and it seems like you could end up with a wet jacket in that pocket. Also, probably not a good idea to use the pocket for a game of quarters or to store golf balls unless you want to be doing the Upside Down Bag Shake of Shame in the parking lot! However, the umbrella is secure and easily accessible, which are probably the two most important features in an umbrella holder.
20210217_211418.jpg20210217_211336.jpg

Day 6 - Colors

For someone that plays black grips, shafts, and clubheads, I was super excited to get a black bag. Even better, the blue tint matches my new Exotics EXS Pro driver...awesome! The accompanying tag shows 5 different color options: 3 of them are black with a different colored tint, while a charcoal and navy option round out the group. To be honest, I love the looks of every one of them and am glad JB/Golfergal made the choice for me because I would have had a tough time picking.

20210213_164134.jpg

Club not included, but a great match!
20210205_202052.jpg

Which color combo is your favorite?
20210217_205121.jpg

that umbrella thing is weird. so there's just a hole in the top of a large side pocket the umbrella sleeve loosely fits into?

Also, how far away from the bag does the putter hang when in the putter well?

curious how that is going to look/function off the back of a cart. might get in your cartner's way. :unsure:
Good point. I haven't put it on a cart yet, and I generally put my bag on the tight side anyway. Maybe I'll switch it up next week. My wife has a pretty big bag too (org 14) so it should be a good test.

curious how that is going to look/function off the back of a cart. might get in your cartner's way. :unsure:
Haven’t had any issue at all. Actually sits really well when strapped in

that umbrella thing is weird. so there's just a hole in the top of a large side pocket the umbrella sleeve loosely fits into?

Also, how far away from the bag does the putter hang when in the putter well?
Your description is right about the umbrella. I like the fact it won't get snagged on anything, but would have been cool to have a drainage hole at the bottom (similar to what they put in at the bottom of the cooler - which I'll review later). I typically don't put a wet umbrella back on/in my bag anyway, so likely won't be an issue.

Day 6 - Colors

For someone that plays black grips, shafts, and clubheads, I was super excited to get a black bag. Even better, the blue tint matches my new Exotics EXS Pro driver...awesome! The accompanying tag shows 5 different color options: 3 of them are black with a different colored tint, while a charcoal and navy option round out the group. To be honest, I love the looks of every one of them and am glad JB/Golfergal made the choice for me because I would have had a tough time picking.

View attachment 8994075

Club not included, but a great match!
View attachment 8994076

Which color combo is your favorite?
View attachment 8994077
The black/lime would match my Quad XL perfectly.
You going to accessories with the matching ball retriever? 😉🤣

The black/lime would match my Quad XL perfectly.
You going to accessories with the matching ball retriever? 😉🤣
Hahaha just wait... I'll be bringing up the "matching ball retriever" holder next week!

Day 7 - Break

A bit under the weather today, so I'll just leave you with this teaser for the fun we'll have over the next several weeks...

20210217_210901.jpg

No issue at all. Have used mine in a full cart several times, both sides of the cart.

The putter well on the XP is a far better design than what I have from the original Revolver bag. It's just a clip on the side of the bag and a small cup for the grip to sit in. You had to be careful when in a cart, if you hit a bump too hard the putter could fly off.

Great stuff guys. I actually forgot about this one. Interested to here thoughts of on course action.

Back