Well I finally pulled the trigger on this one now that the Apex Combo set is here.

@Jman I scrolled through here and didn't see a picture of your bag setup. Do you have a pic? I am debating the most "efficient" way to set this thing up haha

Well I finally pulled the trigger on this one now that the Apex Combo set is here.

@Jman I scrolled through here and didn't see a picture of your bag setup. Do you have a pic? I am debating the most "efficient" way to set this thing up haha
Not from the top yet. Imo there’s only one logical way to set it up though and when you get it in hand I think you’ll see what I mean, the revolver part makes setup not matter which is wild.

I will say, and it’s something I’ve been meaning to talk about, at first the clips up top can be a little tight/stubborn, but they acclimate quickly in my experience. If you’re a cart bag guy, this thing is pretty damn incredible.

Not from the top yet. Imo there’s only one logical way to set it up though and when you get it in hand I think you’ll see what I mean, the revolver part makes setup not matter which is wild.

I will say, and it’s something I’ve been meaning to talk about, at first the clips up top can be a little tight/stubborn, but they acclimate quickly in my experience. If you’re a cart bag guy, this thing is pretty damn incredible.

This is good to hear! thanks James. The course I am a "member" of is not walkable, and when I do walk, I use the Clic-Gear so I think this will be perfect for me.

This is good to hear! thanks James. The course I am a "member" of is not walkable, and when I do walk, I use the Clic-Gear so I think this will be perfect for me.
I think you’ll really enjoy it.

This is very true.

My recommendation would be put the woods in the center. This configuration makes me REALLY like the revolving top.

It's so good...

Day 8 - The Top (part 1) - Bag Setup

Alright, this is the first of a 3 (or 4?) - part series about the top of the bag. Most of the unique features of this bag can be found at the top, so it's worth digging in deep. Several comments have been about bag setup, so let's take a look at the 14 different slots - all of which are separated by full length dividers. As you can see from the picture below, 10 slots surround a center grouping of 4. I haven't reviewed the Clip-Lok and rotating top yet (coming soon!), but it should be noted that 2 of the middle slots do not have the clip-lok feature...the rest do. With the rotating top, it's pretty clear that you want your shortest clubs on the outside, tallest clubs on the inside. That makes it pretty straight forward for most of us - irons outside, woods inside!
20210217_211017.jpg

Each outside slot is a little different, and if you use the Clip-Lok technology, it will place some clubs closer than others. I'm not sure I've figured out the #1 best way of setting it up, but I think for club finding ease it's best to just set them up low to high clockwise and leave it at that. Maybe I'm being slightly OCD in having the wedges together at the bottom, but otherwise I can't figure out any rhyme or reason why the certain slots are shaped the way they are. If anybody has any suggestions, happy to try it out!

Finally, I would suggest putting the driver in one of the non-Clip-Lok slots. Since you use it the most, you probably don't need to lock it in. If you don't want to use the putter well, you could consider using the other non-Clip-Lok slot for it, however it may not be as easily accessible unless you're using a real long one.

Day 8 - The Top (part 1) - Bag Setup

Alright, this is the first of a 3 (or 4?) - part series about the top of the bag. Most of the unique features of this bag can be found at the top, so it's worth digging in deep. Several comments have been about bag setup, so let's take a look at the 14 different slots - all of which are separated by full length dividers. As you can see from the picture below, 10 slots surround a center grouping of 4. I haven't reviewed the Clip-Lok and rotating top yet (coming soon!), but it should be noted that 2 of the middle slots do not have the clip-lok feature...the rest do. With the rotating top, it's pretty clear that you want your shortest clubs on the outside, tallest clubs on the inside. That makes it pretty straight forward for most of us - irons outside, woods inside!
View attachment 8994321

Each outside slot is a little different, and if you use the Clip-Lok technology, it will place some clubs closer than others. I'm not sure I've figured out the #1 best way of setting it up, but I think for club finding ease it's best to just set them up low to high clockwise and leave it at that. Maybe I'm being slightly OCD in having the wedges together at the bottom, but otherwise I can't figure out any rhyme or reason why the certain slots are shaped the way they are. If anybody has any suggestions, happy to try it out!

Finally, I would suggest putting the driver in one of the non-Clip-Lok slots. Since you use it the most, you probably don't need to lock it in. If you don't want to use the putter well, you could consider using the other non-Clip-Lok slot for it, however it may not be as easily accessible unless you're using a real long one.

Love this visual! Thank you. I think you are correct that this setup makes the most sense

These reviews are great. I would order one of the colors weren't iffy.

Day 9 - First Use!

Finally got to use the bag as I checked out a brand new "scoring lab" today. Pretty cool place - an indoor synthetic green with different chipping options as well as a couple of hitting bays. Anyway, a lot of things to like about the bag - love the individual compartments and the rotation is really cool when picking different clubs to hit in the bay. Makes it really easy to keep the clubs separated, yet easy to find. I'm still getting used to a cart bag...I'm always afraid it's going to fall over, even though it's never even wobbled on me - seems like a me problem!

One interesting thing that I'll have to monitor is that the bag is top heavy at the moment and no strap adjustment can keep the bag from going past 90 degrees on my shoulder. I was a bit concerned my driver and putter would fall out while carrying it from the car to the building. Hopefully loading up the bag will help even this out. The other thing I noticed was that using the rotation feature was a little more difficult when the bag isn't strapped into a cart. Well duh, this is a cart bag! But will still need to try it out a couple times at the range to see whether it makes sense to use as "cart only" or whether it makes the range experience better as well.

Did get a couple comments about how sharp looking it was...I agree!

20210221_121752.jpg
Yes, that's #7 at Pebble in the background. I may have sculled a chip into the ocean...

20210221_121801.jpg

Sitting in my office staring out the window at a nice sunny day. Working today and tomorrow but will be playing Wednesday morning and I'll get some use on a cart finally.
I feel like I've dropped the ball a little bit on this one so far.
Apologies.

Day 10 - The Top (part 2) - The Rotating Top

Here we go - it's the main event! Honestly there's not much to say about the rotating top that's surprising - it just works. The grips lock in the bottom, while the rotation has a quiet click that allows you to easily rotate in either direction, with no worry about it rotating on it's own. So, what else do I have for you? How about 23 seconds of rotating beauty. Put it on repeat and watch alllllll niiigghhhhttttt....

Day 11 - The Top (part 3) - Clip-Lok

Outside of the rotating top, the Clip-Lok is probably the next most unique thing about this bag. 12 of the club compartments (plus the putter well) have a small opening that allows you to "clip" your clubs into place. That means no club rattling, no losing clubs when you hit a speed bump in your cart at 25 mph, and no raccoons stealing your clubs when you're not looking. That's really cool!

20210223_201312.jpg

It does take some getting used to though. First, I still haven't been able to get my hybrid and 3-wood in the clips, and it takes a lot of work to snap the irons in. I believe @Jman mentioned that they loosen up after multiple uses, so hopefully I'll see that with mine too. I also don't think I'll be snapping them in after use during a round - it takes some effort to "unsnap" it, so I think I'd rather have easy access to the clubs I use most. And finally, I have a major phobia of snapping one of my clubs when transporting them (especially the putter). When bags get stacked up in a trunk, I'm a bit worried that something's gotta give between locked clubs and the other bags. The putter also sticks out the side of the bag...so what happens if I throw the bag in putter first, with all the weight on the locked putter? Sorry...I'm not interested in testing that! Now, that being said, I haven't heard of it happening with anyone yet, so it's probably just a mental block...but still something I'll be careful about when using the bag!

20210223_201336.jpg

Tomorrow I'll share some fun tricks you can do with this bag to REALLY impress your golf buddies...

Alright. Got this bad boy on a cart this morning.

I couldn't get it to sit right, had a severe forward lean, but I think it might have been the cart.
I'm playing another course tomorrow, so we'll have to see how it sits on that one.
I tried to get pictures but you can't really see the forward lean with it strapped in.
20210224_073834.jpg

Anyway, all of the features work like a champ when it is strapped into a cart.

I really can't say enough how good the revolver top is on this thing.

I liken it to a rotating spice rack. Just spin to the club you want and pull it.

Another look at my club configuration. Sorry, I took the picture blind. You get the idea

The putter well keeps the putter handy and out of the way of everything. I really didn't care much about it at first, but it is a surprisingly nice feature.

20210224_081627.jpg

Some of the clip-lok slots are still a little tight, but they seem to be wearing in. I'm not 100%sure I'll use the clip lok during a busy round if they stay this tight, but the grip-lok base is awesome. Just push down and it holds on to your grip. Fantastic stuff.

Great bag so far!
More to come tomorrow

Day 12 - The Top (part 4) - Clip Tricks

I promised some fun, so here we go! If you recall from prior reviews, you have an extra slot up top if you use the putter well. Some people would use it for an extra club, a training aid, or a trick to make your opponent think you're beating him with one less club. However, you can also use that extra slot, with the Clip-Lok technology, for some other extremely useful things. Are you...

...waiting to shoot some pool in the clubhouse?
20210224_205213.jpg
... a PGA Pro that wants to be ready to give signatures at a moment's notice?
20210224_205134.jpg
...looking to show off your bling from your latest trip to Paris? (yes, that's an upside down Eiffel Tower)
20210224_205534.jpg

... ready to show some team pride? (Boiler Up!)
20210224_205047.jpg
...running out of battery on your phone?
20210224_205516.jpg

...embarrassed you dropped your phone charger in the bag in the last picture and want to get it out without dumping your clubs out? (Yes this actually happened)
20210217_210901.jpg

... dying to show off this bag to your friends?? I am!!!

Day 12 - The Top (part 4) - Clip Tricks

I promised some fun, so here we go! If you recall from prior reviews, you have an extra slot up top if you use the putter well. Some people would use it for an extra club, a training aid, or a trick to make your opponent think you're beating him with one less club. However, you can also use that extra slot, with the Clip-Lok technology, for some other extremely useful things. Are you...

...waiting to shoot some pool in the clubhouse?
View attachment 8995009
... a PGA Pro that wants to be ready to give signatures at a moment's notice?
View attachment 8995010
...looking to show off your bling from your latest trip to Paris? (yes, that's an upside down Eiffel Tower)
View attachment 8995011

... ready to show some team pride? (Boiler Up!)
View attachment 8995012
...running out of battery on your phone?
View attachment 8995013

...embarrassed you dropped your phone charger in the bag in the last picture and want to get it out without dumping your clubs out? (Yes this actually happened)
View attachment 8995014

... dying to show off this bag to your friends?? I am!!!
Loving your reviews of this bag! I appreciate the humor, alo g with the solid look at all its features.

Looking forward to reading the reviews on a cart bag with a really innovative organizing method.

@BoilerCLE leading the way with the innovative and thoroughness of product testing!

This bag could be a game changer for those who only ride carts. It works great and makes it easy to pull the right club.

Alright. Got this bad boy on a cart this morning.

I couldn't get it to sit right, had a severe forward lean, but I think it might have been the cart.
I'm playing another course tomorrow, so we'll have to see how it sits on that one.
I tried to get pictures but you can't really see the forward lean with it strapped in.
View attachment 8994939

Anyway, all of the features work like a champ when it is strapped into a cart.

I really can't say enough how good the revolver top is on this thing.

I liken it to a rotating spice rack. Just spin to the club you want and pull it.

Another look at my club configuration. Sorry, I took the picture blind. You get the idea

The putter well keeps the putter handy and out of the way of everything. I really didn't care much about it at first, but it is a surprisingly nice feature.

View attachment 8994940

Some of the clip-lok slots are still a little tight, but they seem to be wearing in. I'm not 100%sure I'll use the clip lok during a busy round if they stay this tight, but the grip-lok base is awesome. Just push down and it holds on to your grip. Fantastic stuff.

Great bag so far!
More to come tomorrow
I tell you what. Those look pretty damn good, and I am intrigued on the utility of the bag.

I think this is going to be my cart bag for the year. Now to choose a color.
Guys your reviews are great and highlighting a number of things that make me want to put this in play.

Back