Day 20 - Pocket #3 (Bonus feature!)

Apologies to those who are living vicariously through these reviews...day 19 was one of those roll out of bed, work until bedtime, and climb back into bed kind of days. Man, I'm ready for the weekend!

I promised something unique about pocket #3 and here it is...it has it's own I GOTCHA ball retriever sleeve! Combined with the extra slot up top, that allows you to bring a ball retriever AND your training aid with you at the same time.

20210302_180923.jpg

Well, obviously I needed to test this out with my 20-year-old ball retriever - it looked like it might actually fit. Sure enough...it's an I GOTCHA brand ball retriever!!! No Way!!! I could not have told you that in a million years (although for you ball retriever aficionados, you already know that it's an amazing retriever).

20210302_181002.jpg

Anyway, enjoy the picture of an I GOTCHA ball retriever in the I GOTCHA ball sleeve. I've been wondering how I got selected to test this bag out. Now I know. It was fate. :ROFLMAO:

20210302_181016.jpg

Apologies to those who are living vicariously through these reviews...day 19 was one of those roll out of bed, work until bedtime, and climb back into bed kind of days. Man, I'm ready for the weekend!

I promised something unique about pocket #3 and here it is...it has it's own I GOTCHA ball retriever sleeve! Combined with the extra slot up top, that allows you to bring a ball retriever AND your training aid with you at the same time.

View attachment 8996472

Well, obviously I needed to test this out with my 20-year-old ball retriever - it looked like it might actually fit. Sure enough...it's an I GOTCHA brand ball retriever!!! No Way!!! I could not have told you that in a million years (although for you ball retriever aficionados, you already know that it's an amazing retriever).

View attachment 8996473

Anyway, enjoy the picture of an I GOTCHA ball retriever in the I GOTCHA ball sleeve. I've been wondering how I got selected to test this bag out. Now I know. It was fate. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 8996474
I need to get one of those for my bag(y)

I need to get one of those for my bag(y)
It's the ultimate accessory!

I'm usually hit or miss on ball retrievers, but in a cart bag with a dedicated space and plenty of pockets, why not?

View attachment 8996472

View attachment 8996473

View attachment 8996474
And the best part is it's hidden inside the bag so your not looking like " One of those guys! " 🤣🤣

Day 21 - Pocket #3 (5-year-old edition)

Ball retriever sleeve in a pocket? "That doesn't make any sense," my 5-year-old casually mentioned. "First, why would you hit it in the water when you're trying to hit it in the hole? And even if you did, why wouldn't you just jump in and grab it?" Fair points...although the pocket might now need to be used for spare towels and clothes...

Clearly, she ain't got no time for that. Instead, it's a perfect holder for one of her plastic clubs (maybe if she doesn't want to get her real clubs scuffed up on a desert course?).

20210217_203643.jpg

And of course, a golf round is no fun unless you cart the whole family around. This pocket holds 4 baby dolls along with the club, so you'll be all set for a tea party - perfect for when you're waiting on the #8 tee at Haig Point while @phoffer and I spend 20 minutes trying to find land. :ROFLMAO:

20210217_203905.jpg20210217_203843.jpg20210217_203831.jpg

Ball retriever sleeve in a pocket? "That doesn't make any sense," my 5-year-old casually mentioned. "First, why would you hit it in the water when you're trying to hit it in the hole? And even if you did, why wouldn't you just jump in and grab it?" Fair points...although the pocket might now need to be used for spare towels and clothes...

Clearly, she ain't got no time for that. Instead, it's a perfect holder for one of her plastic clubs (maybe if she doesn't want to get her real clubs scuffed up on a desert course?).

View attachment 8996582

And of course, a golf round is no fun unless you cart the whole family around. This pocket holds 4 baby dolls along with the club, so you'll be all set for a tea party - perfect for when you're waiting on the #8 tee at Haig Point while @phoffer and I spend 20 minutes trying to find land. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 8996583View attachment 8996584View attachment 8996585
I would carry that before a ball retriever, just saying. 😉🤣🤣

Day 22 - Rain Cover

Taking a quick pocket break to review the rain cover. I've had a wide range of rain covers in my various bags and found that I care about two things... it fits tight and has plenty of clearance around the driver. Sure enough, this has both! 4 buttons on the bag secure the cover, so the fit is secure. Meanwhile, it is the tallest cover I've ever owned and would likely fit Bryson's 48 inch driver with no problem.

20210217_205613.jpg
20210217_205530.jpg

I had a little difficulty figuring out which way it goes on. The zipper goes the full way around so either way could make sense. There's an extra piece of fabric on the one side, but I can't quite figure out which side it's designed for. Either way, the clubs should stay dry.

20210217_205552.jpg

Well, every club except for the putter! Remember, there are 14 slots up top, so leave the extra desert club at home if you think it's going to rain!

20210217_205504.jpg

Day 22 - Rain Cover

Taking a quick pocket break to review the rain cover. I've had a wide range of rain covers in my various bags and found that I care about two things... it fits tight and has plenty of clearance around the driver. Sure enough, this has both! 4 buttons on the bag secure the cover, so the fit is secure. Meanwhile, it is the tallest cover I've ever owned and would likely fit Bryson's 48 inch driver with no problem.

View attachment 8996677
View attachment 8996679

I had a little difficulty figuring out which way it goes on. The zipper goes the full way around so either way could make sense. There's an extra piece of fabric on the one side, but I can't quite figure out which side it's designed for. Either way, the clubs should stay dry.

View attachment 8996674

Well, every club except for the putter! Remember, there are 14 slots up top, so leave the extra desert club at home if you think it's going to rain!

View attachment 8996672
Bag Boy, Ping, and Bennington always provide quality rain covers, in my experience.

So after 1 round I have to say I am initially impressed, with just a few small gripes:

1. The Clips are very stubborn initially. This is something I was aware of, so not unexpected, but still makes putting the clubs back in a bit annoying.
  2. Some of the pockets are tough to access once on the cart due to the overall width of the bag. Maybe not an issue for some, and I can likely re-arrange, but found myself struggling to reach some of the pockets once it was strapped in.

Overall, initially, it is very promising.
Those clips will get better, and you’ll get better and putting the clubs in, I know I have. (y)

I want to touch on something brought up before in some comments, and I specifically wanted to address.

Push carts.

Way back some time ago, I can’t recall when or where, the comment was made this was useless on a pushcart, but in my experience, it THRIVES on a push cart. Not only do you gain access to all the pockets, but on a Clicgear specifically it sits up perfectly clear of the wheel giving full clearance and total mobility. Not to mention, it rotates just fine.

Some pics for those curious, and yes I’m short a couple clubs, but I lent them to a HS kiddo for their tournament this weekend. (y)

D3602600-A09C-4D1A-955B-DCF691C2E4A3.jpeg90DCD75C-915A-46B8-9F8D-35B6C8F20096.jpeg85EF245F-4E9F-4FBA-B409-37328504F967.jpeg53696536-E9DA-48EA-B4B2-97C5AB264D1A.jpeg10CC0188-2BAD-4430-989A-0749E3C8D5B2.jpeg

The more I play with this bag, the more I think it would be PERFECT for OL irons. The clip-lok / grip-lok combo is SO good.

Anyone out there have any questions about the bag? I’m happy to answer any, hopefully my above post on the Clicgear helps some people

Anyone out there have any questions about the bag? I’m happy to answer any, hopefully my above post on the Clicgear helps some people

Now that I have one, I am working on how to set it up with the two drivers. Im thinking metal woods in the middle, but what are your thoughts?

Now that I have one, I am working on how to set it up with the two drivers. Im thinking metal woods in the middle, but what are your thoughts?

Curious to see what James thinks as well.
This is the best setup I could come up with

What do you think?

20210306_225434.jpg

There are so many ways to do this, but this makes the most sense in my head.

I would actually stagger the drivers at the ends of the top section if I had two I think, then put either wedges in the top middle three spots or fairways/hybrids.

The beauty of it is still that by putting the big heads in a locking slot you can keep them pointed clear of each other, as long as they’re not in slots that are side by side.

I just don’t think I’d put them in the non locking middle two slots.

I would actually stagger the drivers at the ends of the top section if I had two I think, then put either wedges in the top middle three spots or fairways/hybrids.

The beauty of it is still that by putting the big heads in a locking slot you can keep them pointed clear of each other, as long as they’re not in slots that are side by side.

I just don’t think I’d put them in the non locking middle two slots.
Yeah that makes good sense. I know it sounds cheesy, but I’m kind of enamored with the spin function when on the back of a cart.

Im sure it’s via protected IP, but I can’t really think of a negative to it. Otherwise there is no doubt everybody would offer a bag like this.

Yeah that makes good sense. I know it sounds cheesy, but I’m kind of enamored with the spin function when on the back of a cart.

Im sure it’s via protected IP, but I can’t really think of a negative to it. Otherwise there is no doubt everybody would offer a bag like this.
It’s way more useful on the course than I thought it would be. In the studio I thought it cool but something I’d never use on the cart or push cart, but that was dead wrong. Beyond just using it, it’s great when you’re super upset to just grab it and spin, sure fire way to smile and ease the tension :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 8996582

View attachment 8996583View attachment 8996584View attachment 8996585

If you follow Club Pro Guy it looks like your are golfing with Margo Perry (Stan Perry’s granddaughter). Packing a plastic club in his bag cost him the Thursday Night Men’s League Championship for 2020 .

I continue to be most impressed with the ergonomics of the bag. To be honest, I wasn’t sure how I’d get on long term with the top being that I’m a long time 4-way carry bag guy, but it’s been nice so far. Granted, I’m not in prime testing season carrying 18 or whatever clubs while working on writing reviews, but it’s been a pleasant experience.

The clips have loosened and I’ve gotten better and putting the clubs in.

Storage is bottomless it feels like.

Im a fan of the all black look that I have.

It rides excellent on carts, and push carts as I showed and hopefully put that discussion to bed...

All around, if you’re a cart bag guy I don’t know how the top and design Wouldn’t enamor you into taking a closer look at least.

Back