Bag Boy Tri Swivel 2 Review

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
I have put on 1 full season on my Bag Boy Tri Swivel 2 and will give you my thoughts on the push cart.

b87b0a2278aa73eeee952dac3ae089d4.jpg

From the company is a list of Features:

Swivel wheel can be locked into place by engaging the remote Swivel Lock Out when walking hills or long distances

Easy three-step fold for compact storage

Cart and stand bag compatible upper bag bracket

Lightweight, weather resistant aluminum frame

Handle mounted parking brake
Durable handlebar grip

Easy one-step handle adjustment accommodates golfers of all heights

Deluxe scorecard holder with pencil holder and secure umbrella holder

9.5" front and 11.5" rear oversized wheels roll easily through the grass

Lightweight, solid foam, maintenance free tires

Integrated tee and ball holder

Integrated beverage holder

Weight: 16 lbs.

"

When you first get the cart out of the box you have to attach the wheels. They simply lock onto a peg and your all set. Nothing difficult about it. The Swivel wheel has a grey button you need press as you push and lock the wheel into place.

When the cart is folded it's locked and will not open up on you when you carry it by the handle. To open the cart you press a red lever and pull down as it opens with ease. The front wheel connects to a piece of the frame that is also locked into place and you need to press a button while extending it out. Set up time is quick and very intuitive if you have used a cart in the past.

To completely collapse the cart the front wheel needs to be removed leaving the Folded dimension: 22" x 14" x 18. That leads to the question as what to do with the wheel. In my staff bag it fits fine in the front pocket but on my stand bag it didn't fit into any pockets so it was loose in my trunk. I wasn't a fan of this but got around it by leaving the frame connecting the front wheel extended. Leaving it in the configuration added 12 inches in length and 5 inches in height. With the larger size I found it best to throw the cart on the back seat of the car but now having an SUV I have no issues traveling with it in the back beside my bag.

c10ea21edaca28dbb5a9226e2811f9d9.jpg

cb7290ae6e03d064693adb7be1f8cf84.jpg

I really like the console on the adjustable handle. It has small netting for a gps or range finder and a wide holder for a water bottle along with a scorecard and pencil clip. Something that I have really come to enjoy is a small pocket under the handle. It can fit my putter cover, mitts or 4 beers. Inside the console you have enough space for 4 balls that are held in place with some elastic cords, wallet and set of keys with space to spare. The dimensions are 7*5*2.

On the side on the handle you have a simple and effective hand break. Also strategically placed it the locking mechanism for the Swivel wheel.

7311105ed76b641b29ff3f7dc83a4c5f.jpg

d8cc6fefab58fb2e61e9b1488d14abf6.jpg

f5aa04e4404164130e291825d73a0d3f.jpg

Alright let's talk about this on the course. I previously had a 4 wheel cart and got tired of how it handled and I wanted something smooth and effortless. The biggest feature to draw me was the Swivel wheel. First both a staff bag and a cart bag fit no problem and you don't need any extra accessories to accommodate a staff bag. All season my bag has been held firmly in place with adjustable Velcro straps at the top and bottom of the bag.

Engaging the Swivel wheel is done by simply flipping a grey button that you can reach with your fingers when you hand is on the handle. For the first half of the season it worked great I didn't have to stop and it would work while on the move. Now I find sometimes I have to hold the lever in place and make sure the Swivel action is engaged. Sometimes this takes a moment or two. When your traveling on a steep side hill it's best to lock the wheel so the cart doesn't turn on you. Overall it handles fantastic when the wheel is both locked or able to Swivel. Going through the rough the wheels move effortlessly and it's nice to be able to make a tight turn.
e2803a981d5ac84320f18cb4c61bd187.jpg

c50c85f0cca1be8ba8b9ffdc70e2e4fd.jpg

The brake is on the left side of the handle and is a simple lever you fold out to lock and fold in to unlock. The brake works great uphill downhill and side hills with the Swivel wheel free or locked it never rolled away and with a wide base the cart never toppled over.
62402ff11d872b9b63106103c1cdfbe8.jpg

The price on this cart is what I consider to be expensive at $269.00 from bag boy if you search you can find deals but I anticipate having this for a long time and look at is as more of an investment. It has already paid for itself in cart fees for 1 year. I fully recommend taking a look at one of your in the market. Bag Boy also has plenty of accessories to purchase like sand/seed bottles, seats, dirt covers and many more.

If you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them.

576be2c10e175f10dc567a82e132ff75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really a great thorough review, well done, Scrap. Pics were great quality. I prefer to carry but will eventually be in the market for a pull cart although this one is WAY out of my price range (I know, I'm cheap :)).

Really a great thorough review, well done, Scrap. Pics were great quality. I prefer to carry but will eventually be in the market for a pull cart although this one is WAY out of my price range (I know, I'm cheap :)).

Rock bottom golf usually sells them for less. Moving from a cart that was good enough then moving to a cart that has all the features I want was well worth the investment.

Bag Boy makes a quality push cart. Clic Gear gets all the love, but I went with a Bag Boy a last year and am very happy with it. I went with the Quad Plus version rather than three wheels but it works pretty much as yours.

The brake works well. The pouch in the handle is very functional and surprisingly holds more than it looks like it should. I don't overstuff it though as I don't want to rip through the material. Right now all I really keep in it is my Soundchuck, rangefinder and Fireball flask (and maybe a bottle of pop). The cupholder is perfect and holds a pretty big base.

The only thing I am not a huge fan of is the scorecard holder. I usually start the round with it there, but I usually end up putting it inside the storage the it sits on. I just feel better with it put away under the lid. I keep the pencil inside the storage as I have had pencils fall out and not noticed until I am getting ready to write the score down. Usually on the first or second hole!

Great review, but normally I’m lazy and get a cart:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bag Boy makes a quality push cart. Clic Gear gets all the love, but I went with a Bag Boy a last year and am very happy with it. I went with the Quad Plus version rather than three wheels but it works pretty much as yours.

The brake works well. The pouch in the handle is very functional and surprisingly holds more than it looks like it should. I don't overstuff it though as I don't want to rip through the material. Right now all I really keep in it is my Soundchuck, rangefinder and Fireball flask (and maybe a bottle of pop). The cupholder is perfect and holds a pretty big base.

The only thing I am not a huge fan of is the scorecard holder. I usually start the round with it there, but I usually end up putting it inside the storage the it sits on. I just feel better with it put away under the lid. I keep the pencil inside the storage as I have had pencils fall out and not noticed until I am getting ready to write the score down. Usually on the first or second hole!

Thanks for the feedback on the scorecard and pension holder. I almost never use it as my gps keeps score but when I have there has been no issues.

Thanks for the feedback on the scorecard and pension holder. I almost never use it as my gps keeps score but when I have there has been no issues.

What do you think of the phone holder? I think it's a nice touch and it even fits my extended battery. I use my phone as my GPS (as well as music player) so having that holder right in front is nice.

Great Review, I have to buy a new cart in a few weeks when I get back home and this one was on my list.

What do you think of the phone holder? I think it's a nice touch and it even fits my extended battery. I use my phone as my GPS (as well as music player) so having that holder right in front is nice.

Are you talking about the mesh pocket? I like it I have my phone and gps in there. It's just the right size for what I use for.

I wasn't remotely interested in a cart until I read your review . Really awesome and the pictures were great too.

Are you talking about the mesh pocket? I like it I have my phone and gps in there. It's just the right size for what I use for.

No. The slot right in front of the handle with the yellow stretchy band. above the mesh pocket and between where you open the lid and the cart handle.

Maybe they took it out on your version. You can see it in the picture of mine. You can see the yellow strap/band that holds the phone in place. My phone isn't there in the picture because I took it out to take the picture!

d054f852930c7dbf6ff6a3bc5efc1fb3.jpg

Very solid review! If my Clicgear 3.5 ever breaks down, I will definitely take a look at this one when considering a replacement.

I wasn't remotely interested in a cart until I read your review . Really awesome and the pictures were great too.

The Swivel wheel is a complete game changer. I also looked at the Rovic line (made by clicgear) with the Swivel wheel but the extra storage on the bag boy was worth the price.

No. The slot right in front of the handle with the yellow stretchy band. above the mesh pocket and between where you open the lid and the cart handle.

Maybe they took it out on your version. You can see it in the picture of mine. You can see the yellow strap/band that holds the phone in place. My phone isn't there in the picture because I took it out to take the picture!

d054f852930c7dbf6ff6a3bc5efc1fb3.jpg

Yeah they must have taken that off my version and replaced it with the mechanism for locking and unlocking the Swivel wheel.

The storage is a great extra for all your stuff you need to hand, looks like it has everything you need and more as carts go it seems very well designed

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

The storage is a great extra for all your stuff you need to hand, looks like it has everything you need and more as carts go it seems very well designed

It really is. I have zero complaints. Highly recommend it.

Yeah they must have taken that off my version and replaced it with the mechanism for locking and unlocking the Swivel wheel.

Here it is on my wife's cart. It is very handy, wish they hadn't removed it.

20160329_162426.jpg

Think I'll be considering that as a replacement for my elec cart if anything goes wrong with mine

Here it is on my wife's cart. It is very handy, wish they hadn't removed it.

View attachment 29483

That does look fairly handy. Seeing that and how the Swivel button works I don't think they could have it fit without being cumbersome. Yours also looks like it has less of a mesh pocket I guess that's where they made up for it.

Also dig that headcover.

Great review. I will have to check these out the next time I'm at the shop. Who knows, my wife might prefer it and I can get my clicgear back.

I really liked the year I spent using the Triswivel, best console around IMHO. It was missing a seat option (really like that with my clicgear) but that and how long it took me to fold up were really the only negatives and those are pretty minor to me.

I really liked the year I spent using the Triswivel, best console around IMHO. It was missing a seat option (really like that with my clicgear) but that and how long it took me to fold up were really the only negatives and those are pretty minor to me.

I find it takes no longer or faster than other cart I have used in the past. We all have our own experiences. Thanks for the feedback.

So got this for Christmas and have played several rounds. Love this cart, but I'm here to praise it's durability. Playing last Sunday at Lake Arlington and there is a par 3 with a ridiculous elevated tee shot. I'm walking down the super steep hill and for whatever reason just decided to let my cart roll down the hill on its own. Takes a weird turn and heads straight for a sign. I sprint as hard as I can to catch it and it misses the sign by inches so I let up, then I realized it was heading for a tree so again I'm sprinting as hard as I can to get it. Hits the tree dead on going 15+ mph and launches straight up. I just know I broke it and I'm so pissed. Walk up and it's completely fine. Front wheel is scraped a bit but not bad. Wrote the company an email tell them the story and thanking them for making such a durable product.

I’ve never owned a push cart before but finally ordered one of these for the golf season. I’ve always carried when walking but my buddies at my new club play 27 or more holes quite often and at age 53 my lower back gives me some issues carrying my bag for 27 or 36 holes. Our course has Clicgear 3.5+ carts for $70 rental per season and after using one for several rounds last fall I was ready to sign up for the rental. That is until my buddy let me use his BB Swivel II last fall for 27 holes one day. The swivel wheel makes this cart a completely different experience to push around - I love being able to cruise through the round without having to pop up the front wheel. The Clicgear feels solid but is heavier and clunky in comparison, sort of like a minivan vs. a sports car.

I’ve never owned a push cart before but finally ordered one of these for the golf season. I’ve always carried when walking but my buddies at my new club play 27 or more holes quite often and at age 53 my lower back gives me some issues carrying my bag for 27 or 36 holes. Our course has Clicgear 3.5+ carts for $70 rental per season and after using one for several rounds last fall I was ready to sign up for the rental. That is until my buddy let me use his BB Swivel II last fall for 27 holes one day. The swivel wheel makes this cart a completely different experience to push around - I love being able to cruise through the round without having to pop up the front wheel. The Clicgear feels solid but is heavier and clunky in comparison, sort of like a minivan vs. a sports car.

Enjoy it. Keep us posted when it arrives.

Back