Bag matching clubs - Does yours have to?

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
IMO it’s an old school way of thinking, but, do any of you have to have a bag that matches your clubs when it comes to brand?

Nope.

If it’s a club oem bag...man I kinda have to have at least one of that manufacturer’s clubs. Ridiculous but...yeah

Not brand, but do love colours to match. Currently both the brand and colour match.

I don't mind if they do match, but I have to like the bag. Right now I'm playing a Ping Hoofer as my favorite, with nary a Ping club in sight. Bag features trump brand.

Nope

Nope. I won a monogrammed Taylormade 2019 flextech crossover stand bag as an award for my league and I don't play a single TM club. Hell I didn't even own a TM TP5 ball until this winter. It's to nice of a bag not to play.

I did have TM clubs in a TM standbag. This all goes back to me getting all my stuff 2nd hand. Replacing all my clubs after a fitting and will be Mizuno clubs, but I also have a Jones carry bag I'm going to start using too.

I prefer to at least use a product if I have it on my bag. Currently I have a matching bag by OEM. I also have a stand bag that is not but I rarely use that bag.

Last year I used a Titleist stand bag with no Titleist clubs, didn't bother me really as the bag was very functional.
Current bag is Callaway full of Callaway clubs.

I have typically always matched club and bags. My Hogan bag is full of Hogan clubs. My Tour Edge bag is full of Tour Edge!

Not here.

It is not necessary for me to have clubs and bag match. I used to carry around a titleist bag with taylormade clubs. Now I have a sun mountain. Whatever is comfortable and gets the job done. Really intrigued with the vessel bags tho.

If I like the clubs then I tend to get a matching down the road if possible.took me a year to get a matching bag for my calloway. Why waste a perfectly working bag.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not I Captain :Puma:

I go for the colors i like not the name on the side.

Nope. I typically like the Ogio bags and they dont make sticks with that brand name so...

No. Sun mountain bag.

No sir. The brand of the bag does not have to be the same as my clubs.
If a club maker (OEM) would like to sponsor me by providing clubs and a bag. I would definitely care!

I kinda feel like you should have at least something in your bag that matches. I mean one club or even the ball would be good. That is of course assuming it’s a bag from an equipment manufacturer.

I'm one of those guys that can't rep a brand that I don't actually play. There's enough options in my bag that I can play a Callaway, Odyssey, or Cleveland branded bag or something like a Vessel, Sun Mountain, Datrek, etc.

I'm the same way with my clothes. I won't wear a TaylorMade (or any other brand I don't play) branded hat, shirt, etc.

Edit: I do make one exception with the Hogan bag that I have. that thing is too nice to sit. I only use it when I play a course with decent cart paths, though. Most around here are dust and dirt. It's a white bag and I don't want to eff it up. I've used it probably a dozen times and it's awesome regardless of what name is on it.

Last edited:
Back