Bag matching clubs - Does yours have to?

I've got a Titleist Club Fourteen (matches my irons) and a Ping DLX (usually matches nothing) which is designed for fifteen clubs for when I cheat. I also have bags holding all the clubs that I've played with since 1961. Some are pretty antique looking. And a big, ugly staff bag full of putters.

I pay through the nose for my equipment. Nobody (can't understand why) is paying me to play with this stuff. You'd think that somebody would at least pay me to not play their stuff when the course is crowded.

Anyway, that being the case, I don't worry about my bag having or not having clubs of the same brand in it.

I didn’t set out to, but early on I gravitated to Sun Mountain for their quality. After 2015 I found myself with a a Callaway bag. Part of it is my OCD won’t let me have a different brand and the other part is showing some love for Callaway.

It would not bother me if I had an OEM bag without any of their clubs. Right now I have a callaway bag and use a lot of their clubs so I am safe.

IMO it’s an old school way of thinking, but, do any of you have to have a bag that matches your clubs when it comes to brand?

I was gonna start out that way but it "got away" from me...I do try to keep at least a couple of matching clubs, tho.

No. But it does seem strange to have a bag for a brand that I don’t play at all.

The only exception for me is the Ping Hoofer I have heard so much about. I don’t own any Ping clubs, but I might have considered that bag.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Usually like to have at least one club in there from the bag manufacturer, kind of used to after years of every club having to match the bag. However, so far for this season I have a Ping bag and the Ping woods have been replaced.

Yeah, but not as much as it used to bother me. I had at least a set of Titleist irons in one Titleist bag or another for a lot of years. But, when I switched to TM irons, I no longer had any Titleist clubs in a Titleist bag. I had Callaway and/or Odyssey, TM and Cleveland. I bought a Callaway bag but it had zipper and seam issues. I bought an Ogio RTC before getting the Odyssey Super Swirl stand bag.

Doesn’t have to match but a completely put together set to match the bag is always a good look.

I like to have either a driver or irons to be the same brand as the bag. I realize it is OCD, but it is what it is.

Nope. I’ve got a Callaway bag and have precisely zero Callaway clubs. I bought it because I liked the features, and it was a good price. Same reason I buy any club or shirt.

If it’s a club oem bag...man I kinda have to have at least one of that manufacturer’s clubs. Ridiculous but...yeah
I’m with Obed on this one. Gotta have some club representation in the bag that I’m reppin at the time. Colors aren’t as important.

Doesn't have to. But does at the moment.

Yessir, I like to have the same sticks inside as the name on the outside.

That doesn't really cross my mind at all. I'm just looking for one that has the features I like, that looks good and that I can afford.

Mine doesn't have to, but it does ?

I have a Callaway bag with only one Callaway club in play which is soon to change. Doesn’t bother me but new stuff is always fun to get..Cobra/Puma bag soon maybe?

no, I have 2 bags. A Sun Mountain, A Cleveland staff bag and a Ping Cart Bag. The only Ping clubs i have are a Ping Driver and a putter, (not currently in rotation). I only have a couple of Cleveland wedges that I no longer play and SM doesn't ,make clubs

Nah, if Nike still made stand bags, I’d probably have one because I became a big fan of their pocket arrangement and divider options.

my stand/carry bag is the TM...my cart is an OGIO...so when I carry, I throw a TM club in there...just to "even it out" :rolleyes:

Unless it is a brand agnostic such as Sun Mountain, BagBoy, or something along those lines I do prefer that the brand of bag matches at least one piece of equipment. It just feels odd to me to have a Ping bag with no Ping club, but I am trying to break that mindset.

I absolutely don’t.

PING makes, imo, the best carry bags out there so I’ll carry one regardless of if I have any ping clubs in the bag.

I used to be ping holder for the longest time. Not sure why I got away from them. My Oddysey swirl bag is pretty dang comfy while walking though. And my Ogio RTC is a nice cart bag.

Nope. Typically I use a bag that doesn't sport a club's brand name. Ogio currently.

In the past I have had no issues using a bag sporting an OEM that matched exactly none of my clubs.

I definitely wouldn't need to have a bag that matches my clubs. I enjoy walking/carrying so as long as the bag is light and comfortable, I'm happy :)

Back