williaza

Reaction score
Handicap
I currently use a Free Hopkins stand bag that came with my clubs last year. I always use a pull cart when I play..rarely ride..but I have never carried and walked a round in 1.5 years of playing. I have been looking to upgrade my bag (a smidge too small and short/improper fit on my cart) I have been looking at stand bags. Anyone know a good stand bag for pull carts?

Also, side note, playing partner brought up that I should just get a lightweight cart bag since I never carry. I guess I have just grown accustomed to the stand legs since I've only owned one bag. You think I should go with lightweight cart? And if so any suggestions. Thanks

you can never go wrong with the tried and true ping hoofer bag

In 3 push carts, I never liked using a stand bag on them. Never stayed on straight and would twist during the round. If I was picking up a new bag I would go with this one as it is a cart bag with stand legs for use at the range.

http://www.globalgolf.com/golf-bags/1033436-sun-mountain-c130s-2016-stand/

But I prefer a 14 way divider, cart bag for storage so if you want something smaller there are other options.

I'm a little confused, but that's probably me, not you.

Why do stand legs matter if you always cart and never carry? I use a cart, so I have a fairly big bag, because I stash a lot of stuff in it. For me, it's part locker, part duffle, and part bag. But my son and son-in-law have stand bags, and they always seem to have what they need on the course. I also have a Sunday bag so that I can take a decent enough partial set when the car is otherwise heavily loaded.

If light weight is important to you, and sometimes light weight means smaller, then why not look at both stand and cart bags and pick the one that works best for you?

In 3 push carts, I never liked using a stand bag on them. Never stayed on straight and would twist during the round. If I was picking up a new bag I would go with this one as it is a cart bag with stand legs for use at the range.

Might be the most worthwhile answer so far.

I've had similar experiences as mancest with stand bags and push carts. The lightest cart bag I've found is the Datrek Lite Rider. It weighs less than 5 lbs (empty), but it has plenty of pockets and room. It's 14 dividers are full-length, and it has a separate putter tube. I bought mine when TGW.com was having a 25% off sale, but even without that, they are reasonably priced.

The reason I bought mine was because its the only bag that offered colors that perfectly match my alma mater's colors (navy blue and Cardinal red), had the putter tube, and the full-length dividers. It works great on my Clicgear cart, but it truly shines on my Bat Caddy. The BC always pulled hard to one side or the other with my heavier bags, but it tracks almost perfectly with the Lite Rider. For what it's worth.

Man I love that c130 posted in here. That is exactly what I'm looking for.
I have used a ogio ozone stand bag that is light enough to carry and works fine on a cart. I have really liked it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back