Bald Head Blues shirts

Parrot

2025 Worldwide Golf Championship - Team ?????
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I ran across this company’s shirts yesterday at a local store. Click here. They’re very comfortable. Fit I’d say is slightly smaller than a standard Peter Miller or FJ.

It too has a mystery bag offering that makes the shirts much more affordable. If I hadn’t caught the shirt on sale, I doubt I’d have bought notwithstanding the comfort and I like the name.

I ran across this company’s shirts yesterday at a local store. Click here. They’re very comfortable. Fit I’d say is slightly smaller than a standard Peter Miller or FJ.

It too has a mystery bag offering that makes the shirts much more affordable. If I hadn’t caught the shirt on sale, I doubt I’d have bought notwithstanding the comfort and I like the name.

Bald Head Island is a private island off the coast of Wilmington, between Fort Fisher and Southport, NC. The logo comes from the fact that cars aren't allowed on BHI. Just golf carts and bicycles. There is a really nice course on the island. You have seen Bald Head Island if you saw the movie "Weekend at Bernie's".

Last edited:
I don't totally hate the logo, but I'm not a fan of $88 for a golf polo for sure.
Agree with this one. Tough introduction to the company. Even the mystery box is $50/ polo... Seems like a good brand and nice look.

You know I love me a mystery box, but I just bought some really nice Travis Matthews stuff on sale, so I am currently at full polo capacity. I like the look of the polis, but the logo is a bit odd. It makes a bit more sense thanks to @J.B. Cobb III, but I don’t want to explain it to everyone every time someone asks me about it.

Agree with this one. Tough introduction to the company. Even the mystery box is $50/ polo... Seems like a good brand and nice look.
There is a code for 20% off, so it would be around $40 per polo.

Bald Head Island is a private island off the coast of Wilmington, between Fort Fisher and Southport, NC. The logo comes from the fact that cars aren't allowed on BHI. Just golf carts and bicycles. There is a really nice course on the island. You have seen Bald Head Island if you saw the movie "Weekend at Bernie's".
Thanks for the context of the logo.

So many of these types of lines. Southern Tides, Johnny O, Vineyard Vine, Southern Proper, Country Club Prep. It is mainly which logo do you like since the shirts are all basically the same. Kind of Tailgate wear at College football in the ACC and SEC.

Thanks for info. Never heard of it but have seen the movie.

Sounds like a cool vacation spot. Out of curiosity touristy or locals/vacation homes?

Haha duhhh should have guessed with the $90 polos similar to vineyard vines

It's just an expensive place to live. No cars, so you have to have your own personal boat or catch the ferry to go to Southport to get groceries. There's a small market on the island, but selection is limited. It's a beautiful place though, very pristine. They have a famous NC lighthouse out there.

Reactions: JB
I don't totally hate the logo, but I'm not a fan of $88 for a golf polo for sure.
You and me both. I find TM on the clearance rack for 1/2 off from time to time. I just can’t spend any more than that on a shirt.

It's just an expensive place to live. No cars, so you have to have your own personal boat or catch the ferry to go to Southport to get groceries. There's a small market on the island, but selection is limited. It's a beautiful place though, very pristine. They have a famous NC lighthouse out there.
BHI is a great place to visit. Like @J.B. Cobb III said very beautiful and pricey. I once attended a wedding there....$$$$$ That was a fun weekend. :cool:

Love that shirt. I just can't spend $88 on a polo.

My avg polo costs less than 20.00 and are pretty fine, so I have to pass.

My avg polo costs less than 20.00 and are pretty fine, so I have to pass.
What are you wearing? I try to stay in that range but they are hard to find good ones. My under armour ones are the only ones that feel like they cost more.

What are you wearing? I try to stay in that range but they are hard to find good ones. My under armour ones are the only ones that feel like they cost more.
Wait for the sales at Kohl's and other big box stores. Easy to find plain polos for 10 bucks.

Wait for the sales at Kohl's and other big box stores. Easy to find plain polos for 10 bucks.
Yeah, that's what I do. Just haven't found any recently that I liked. Bought a bunch from Target last year. Starting to wear out and they don't have the Under Armours any longer. Tried out the Costco ones and didn't like them. Love my Pumas and I have a couple William Murray's that are amazing. But they are too expensive if you don't catch a sale and even then they are.

Back