In a perfect world I'd play the same ball all the time, but it's not and I don't. No loyalty for me. Just whatever I have on the shelf. I have my favorites, but I'll play all kinds of different balls.

I buy mine based on price: premium balls on close out.

I generally play Duo's because they work well enough for me and they don't break the bank. However I do have other balls in my bag.

I try to stick to pretty much 1 ball: Bridgestone B330 RX or RXS. Ive tried various other balls and for me, the B330 RX is magic.

I think the only ball in my bag, today, is the Callaway Hex Chrome+.

If I have more than one brand of ball in my bag it's because the extras are balls that I have found, that I would consider playing. If I find balls that I wouldn't play, I either leave them in the cart for the workers. Or, I put them be a teemarker or next to a green for another group to claim.

I only buy one kind of ball, orange e6, but I do play the balls I find on the course sometimes

In the past I've usually been loyal to a ball for a season. Two years ago it was the Hex Chrome. Last year it was the Hex Chrome +. This year it's the 3up 3F12. I love everything about it (just look at their twitter feed and you'll see :act-up: ).

I plan on sticking with this ball for a while.

I usually play the same brand ball for 1 or 2 full seasons regardless of the conditions or how I'm playing the day I go out. 2014 ball of choice is the Bridgestone Tour B330.

I went through my golf bag the other weekend and found several different brands that I have played... Dunlop DDH. TopFlite X'Outs. Those two brands were what I had the most of. There were a couple of Titleists, some Callaways, a Pinnacle or three as well. Those I had found on various courses in the woods, water hazard edges, or as I skirted past the driving range at the end of the outing.

I also have several Slazengers... Raw distance is what the box says. I'm not even sure Slazenger makes golf balls any longer. Actually, I'm not certain that a lot of the brands I have are still made...

But, I'm not loyal and I'll buy and play whatever's cheapest in the store or on sale or closeout.

I find a couple that I really like and stick with them for the year.

I am loyal to whatever I am playing well with at the moment. They year before last, I played some great golf with the Penta TP5's. Last year, I shot some great rounds with the ProV1 and rode with it most if the way, or the Bridgestone B330S, which I was B-Fit for in Orlando and pre-Vegas. I'm more loyal in my bag, than I am to a ball.

I pretty much stay with the B300's or Bridgestone in general. I'm not afraid to hit another brand but since Bridgestone has been a big sponsor of THP, I tend to stay with them plus I like the balls anyway.

Guess I'll have to head to Dick's soon and pick up a couple boxes of Slazengers... makes it easy to spot on the course when no one else plays them.

Back