Ball mark repair errors

It’s only golf snobs that stick their noses in the air and roll their eyes and say wtf

When social distancing is over I’m still not gonna hang out with some of you guys!

All the damn time. There's the people who've always done it that way and a lot won't change. Worse yet, there's the people who hands down have no interest in even trying to fix them unless they impact their putting line.

Out of the people who've developed a habit, I think education and some constructive ribbing from other golfers could probably convert about half of them. Best chance is to educate new golfers. I've always thought there should be at the very least a spiel for people who are playing a golf course for the first time.

I usually try to fix mine and at least one more when I have the time. Some of the slower rounds I end up fixing way more than I make myself.
Like yourself, I always repair my own and 1 other. That’s what I was told to do when I was a junior and still do it 20 years later (and always will). 😊

It’s only golf snobs that stick their noses in the air and roll their eyes and say wtf
I stick my nose in the air to get a feel for wind direction, roll my eyes to determine slope, and say wtf after holing out for birdie.

Edit: and always repair my ball marks. I find it therapeutic.

They don’t pay me to maintain their golf coarse and they don’t pay me to advertise
So I don’t
Just opinion
But isn’t it your interest to contribute to keeping the putting surfaces in good condition if you play there? And in good condition for your fellow golfers. As you said in another post, you’re a gentleman 😊.

But isn’t it your interest to contribute to keeping the putting surfaces in good condition if you play there? And in good condition for your fellow golfers. As you said in another post, you’re a gentleman 😊.
They have rollers for that! No wedges no pitch marks I say!

I stick my nose in the air to get a feel for wind direction, roll my eyes to determine slope, and say wtf after holing out for birdie.

Edit: and always repair my ball marks. I find it therapeutic.
You can’t please everybody so please yourself

It's definitely an issue at my course. Unbelievable how many people either don't fix their marks or do it wrong. Ugh!!!!

I don’t get to repair my own ball marks often, so I relish when I can. I will repair others on the green if I am waiting for the next hole and nobody is right behind me.

People who intentionally do not repair ball marks are the worst and should be shot into space.

do you use a driver for that?
let me see, so you pay them to repair their course? You pay Nike to advertise their products? No thanks

i see unfixed (divots, pot marks, whatever you call them) spots on our greens all the time. not sure if it is people are just missing the spot they hit or just not fixing them. pretty rare that i don't walk onto a green and need to fix 2 or 3 marks.

i see unfixed (divots, pot marks, whatever you call them) spots on our greens all the time. not sure if it is people are just missing the spot they hit or just not fixing them. pretty rare that i don't walk onto a green and need to fix 2 or 3 marks.
When is the usga going to bann those pesky high lofted wedges?
Right pal! Tags
Well put! FOTR

let me see, so you pay them to repair their course? You pay Nike to advertise their products? No thanks
If you’re thinking you’re just doing a good deed to you’re fellow golfers? Well that cool!

Enjoy your golf how you like.

I repair my pitch marks. Just common decency. As a member of the course I play most, I like doing just a little to keep my annual fees lower. I like my shirts and shoes.

Enjoy your golf.

Everybody around here has loose eyes!

psychic’s convention cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances!

Back