Ball Markers, Divot Tools & Other things we collect

I played in my first scramble and my team won 3rd place and we got a free Callaway repair too and ball marker I have used that ever since.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I have been collecting the poker chip style ball markers to the courses I go to, so I will use the one corresponding with the course. Otherwise I will use my Odyessy Golf poker chip or one of the THP chips I got from One-T last weekend. I made a poker chip holder out of PVC pipe and two end caps that I keep in my bag, so no matter where I play I have the chips with me!!!! I will use the PING ball marker on my divot tool if it looks like they might hit my ball!!

I love the poker chips but I am finding them to be too large. I have switched to a toonie

Whichever quarter dime or nickle comes out of my pocket when I reach in to grab one....but always heads up...unless I have to move my marker, thne it goes tails up to remind me to put it back.

It varies for me. Sometimes I like the magnetic poker chips, but for a long time I've used a 1939 standing liberty half dollar that was from my Grandfather's coin collection.

1943 Steel penny so it sticks to my magnetic hat clip/

I carry two with me during a round. Always have my Georgia Tech repair tool/magnetic ball marker combo on my belt.

The others are in a rotation:
Marine Corp Magnetic marker on a hat clip
Mesquite Amateur poker chip
Canongate Golf League Championship poker chip

I have a ball mark with the wanamaker trophy on it that I bought at the 2010 pga championship @whistling straits. used it every round since

looks like this:
140.jpg

only it says 2010 pga and whistling straits, obviously

I have used a tee, various coins, nail clippers, and a poker chip. Currently I have a red THP chip..

I am not particular with this and use what ever is available but this season I am on the hunt for a special marker that may bring some good luck!

A shiney coin (no bronze or copper color as too hard to see from far away) from South America or the Middle East. Save them up when I find an interesting one while traveling.

Ball Markers, Divot Tools & Other things we collect

Every time I go to a "new to me" course, I always try and grab either a ball marker, a divot tool, poker chip or something along those lines. Over the past few months, I have played a handful of courses that I have grabbed a momento from, and it has made me realize that I really have an obsession for buying Divot Tools.

Jman posted a picture of a new one that Mrs. Dr. Jman got him over the holidays, and it made me wonder about what everyone else might have.

Two items I have always wanted but never purchased for myself are a Scotty Cameron divot tool and a Bettinardi Divot Tool. I dont own a putter form either of these companies, but have always wanted to have one of their divot tools in my collection.

So, anyone have any items that are sentimental, favorites, or just random that they always have in the bag?

Here are a few of my favorites, at the moment;

F051CD20-orig.jpg

From left to right;
Frogger divot tool w/ Auburn ball marker
Bentwater GC from Atlanta THP Tour Van stop
Pipestone GC from Ohio THP Tour Van stop
THP Poker Chip
Pipestone GC Poker Chip
Orange County National ballmarker
TPC Prestancia, Sarasota FL
Orange County National, Orlando FL
and, last but not least, and one of my all time FAVORITES... THP Ball Marker & Divot Tool

I don't keep them in the bag, but I like to get course logo balls.

I typically buy a logo ball, they are usually 2-3 dollars and are easy to collect. I have filled my current rack for them and need to purchase a larger rack. I have a terrible habit of losing ball markers and divot tools, although I have been using one that I picked up from Sequoyah National in NC since October. My dad will usually buy a golf towel.

I usually go with a golf ball from the courses I play on vacation/new course. The Tournament Club of Iowa one might be my favorite.

I've only played the local courses around me & have never thought to do that, but that sounds like a nice keepsake. might have to do that from now on!

I typically buy a logo ball, they are usually 2-3 dollars and are easy to collect. I have filled my current rack for them and need to purchase a larger rack. I have a terrible habit of losing ball markers and divot tools, although I have been using one that I picked up from Sequoyah National in NC since October. My dad will usually buy a golf towel.

That's a cool idea

I collect golf balls with the courses logo or souvenir logo.

Tapatalking on my iPad 2

Found me another hobby lol

good idea, never really thought of doing that

I could typically care less about divot tools, but I do officially love collecting ball markers..

Here are my 2012 pickups along with my THP chips!

20130103_221727.jpg

I try to grab a ball and my wife collects ball markers.

Back