Ball to reduce side spin

Landy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello - Was looking for feedback on the best ball to reduce side spin.
I know the old E-series from Bridgestone helped, but not sure any longer.

Not on a budget just the best ball for this.
My SS is 88-90mph. Thank you and stay safe!

From my understanding there is no ball to reduce side spin. Spin is spin is spin, just a matter of the axis it occurs on, which is due to the angle, path, and contact.. or something like that

Low spin balls would reduce all spin, but better contact, less over the top, etc will help reduce side spin more

Since the ball spins on only one axis, I would start by testing out some balls that are known to be low spin. Play around with a few and see which one will give you the best blend of straight flight, carry distance, and greenside control.

Definitely look for a low spin ball that feels good to you. I am guessing you would like something that feels softer. If you are wanting a tour level ball, you might have a lot of success with the Bridgestone Tour B RX.

Thank you everyone. Thats what I figured, spin is spin. Stay safe

Granted, I have not tried every marketed low spin golf ball out there.

However, of the one's I have thoroughly tested, the Bridgestone e6 for me, is the better one still available.........for the price.

$19.99 a dozen at our local box store is tough to beat, and is why I have started using the e6 again. That, and Bridgestone apparently has discontinued the e7.

I also have to admit that being older, with a decent ball striking, but slower swing speed off the tee, I can use just about any ball, and not worry about too much spin off the tee.

From my understanding there is no ball to reduce side spin. Spin is spin is spin, just a matter of the axis it occurs on, which is due to the angle, path, and contact.. or something like that

Low spin balls would reduce all spin, but better contact, less over the top, etc will help reduce side spin more
Nothing that conforms to the rules of golf...

This is correct to an extent. Lower compression golf balls continuously show less spin overall, which of course would accomplish what the OP is seeking.

We show this in this video.

The old Bridgestone E6 was by far my favorite golf ball ever! Then they changed it to E6 Soft and E6 Speed and they lost me, neither was as good.

My ball flight is high with tons of backspin/sidespin... and spin off my driver is a major concern for me. My friends laugh at me when conditions are soft and I back up my driver shots a foot lol.

I have had great success with Titleist AVX. Currently my favorite ball.

Also have tried in 2020:

Bridgestone RX and had great results but I seemed to lose a little distance with my irons but with the driver it was solid for spin concerns. I would play this ball if not for the AVX.
Srixon Q Star Tour again great results and a lot cheaper(they are in my bag for winter golf) but again I lost distance on my irons.

Forget the ball, get some swing lessons.:rolleyes:

He's only a 14 cap so he can obviously play. Maybe you just need some tweaking with your swing?

I've got the XR16 in the bag, loving it. Will I see anything significant in a move to Mavrik?
He's only a 14 cap so he can obviously play. Maybe you just need some tweaking with your swing?
Funny, I am also a 14 handicap. I don't look for a ball to fix my swing, and coincidentally, I did take a lesson this summer. Not real happy with the video of my swing and realize there isn't a piece of equipment out there that is a savior. golf is a difficult game and needs to be worked at, and lessons are very important. Too many golfers throw hundreds of dollars at equipment but never take lessons, which is backwards.

Funny, I am also a 14 handicap. I don't look for a ball to fix my swing, and coincidentally, I did take a lesson this summer. Not real happy with the video of my swing and realize there isn't a piece of equipment out there that is a savior. golf is a difficult game and needs to be worked at, and lessons are very important. Too many golfers throw hundreds of dollars at equipment but never take lessons, which is backwards.
You have to use a ball every shot right?

Why not use one that minimizes your miss and plays to your strength?

Well, when you find that ball, let me know. Then I won't have to sign up for any lessons anymore.

Well, when you find that ball, let me know. Then I won't have to sign up for any lessons anymore.
Posted a video above. Golf balls all react differently and we have a ton of content talking about how to reduce or increase spin off full swings with different options.

There's more to it than a ball just fixing everything. Two balls can give you a completely different result. I've seen an AVX spin 4000 off a 7 iron and a ZStar XV spin over 6000 off the same club. Similar swings but one rolled out 6 more yards. Not only will one suit me better, but it's important to know what to expect so I'm not flying greens. Ball fitting is completely underrated.

chromesoft comes to mind. soft means less spin. anecdotally, cs has not been a favorite of mine; for soft i much preferred erc because i felt it launched higher and i got really good distance.

i think avx is another low spin ball but i did not like the feel at all.

chromesoft comes to mind. soft means less spin. anecdotally, cs has not been a favorite of mine; for soft i much preferred erc because i felt it launched higher and i got really good distance.

i think avx is another low spin ball but i did not like the feel at all.

Thank you will try the AVXs.

Lots of good low compression lower spin balls on the market. I play wilson duo's but I've tried a number of brands and I think all can help you. For me I start with the way the ball feels when putting then if I like it I try it from the tee then greenside.

I'm not sure I've ever played a ball that's straighter than the Bridgestone e6. The new e12 seems to be pretty close, but I've only played a few holes with one so it's a pretty small sample size. The Callaway Supersoft is my current favorite.

Topflite D2+ distance. I know a lot of people rag on Top Flight golf balls calling them Rockflite, but this particular golf ball is nice and sweet and soft, as my 92 mile per hour swing found out in the cold Michigan temperatures. They are very inexpensive but a great golf ball. To tell you the truth, I could play them year round and be very satisfied.

Q Star Tour

And we’re done here..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No such thing. All balls are low spin off the driver and if you have problems with hitting a slice with your wedges; then you need a lessons, not, "anti sidespin" golf balls.

• Eye Roll
Reactions: JB
Get a tee level.

No such thing. All balls are low spin off the driver and if you have problems with hitting a slice with your wedges; then you need a lessons, not, "anti sidespin" golf balls.
Amen to this. Like the quoted message says, all balls are low spin with the driver, if they were not, nobody would buy them. Even the most expensive balls with urethane covers are low spin off the driver. If you still slice your ball too much and out of play, change your swing, period. Too many golfers looking for the Savior club or ball, instead of fixing their swing.

Back