#BallBattles - 2020 "The Year of the Golf Ball"

GraniteRoost

Flying Rocks
Albatross 2023 Club Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
6 Grint
Inspired by #BagBattles, and we can all agree the golf ball is freaking cool enough to deserve its own thread.

What are your #BallBattles this season? It has been said that 2020 may be "The Year of the Golf Ball" regarding performance and innovation of the new releases. With tons of great choices and more fitting tools than ever, what new contenders are you looking forward to putting up against your favorite gamer?

Taylormade TP5 vs Callaway Chrome Soft vs Titleist ProV1

Srixon q star tour vs Srixon zstar vs. bstone tour B rxs

Triple Header:

Taylor Made TP5X Pix 2.0 vs. new TourB X vs. ChromeSoftX Triple Track

Q Star Tour v. B RXS.

Chrome soft X w/ TT vs Pro V1 vs New B RX

The new QST vs Z-Stars vs B-X/XS here... Although, I don't see myself losing by playing any of these.

Edit - and the new TM Pix... But I don't really see myself playing a ball like that right now

Pro V1 vs 2020 CS vs 2020 CSx vs 2020 B RXS

Titleist Pro V1x
Taylormade TP5X (I’ll try the Pix 2.0)
Srixon Z-Star XV
Bridgestone Tour B X

I won’t attempt Callaway Chrome Soft X unless they prove they’ve resolved the cluster that was exposed last year.

Dunno

Playing Mizuno RBX ... soft. Did not cut it first round - probably because I lost a few... first world problems

Will pit it against Tour B RXS when they come out

No battles here. Will be rocking b-stone tour b x

I’m thinking this year will be ProV1 vs the new B-stone ball for me.

Titleist Pro V1x
Taylormade TP5X (I’ll try the Pix 2.0)
Srixon Z-Star XV
Bridgestone Tour B X

I won’t attempt Callaway Chrome Soft X unless they prove they’ve resolved the cluster that was exposed last year.

Interesting comment, perhaps fair. I have not generally cared for ChromeSoft and for me I want to try a sleeve just to try TripleTrack for a while. Have you personally had bad on course experience with CS, or was the kerfluffle enough to put you off?

Interesting comment, perhaps fair. I have not generally cared for ChromeSoft and for me I want to try a sleeve just to try TripleTrack for a while. Have you personally had bad on course experience with CS, or was the kerfluffle enough to put you off?

There were enough massively off center core examples from numerous sources to keep me far away from them.

At least they admitted it and are allegedly spending 50 million to get it right. But I’ll wait and see the results before trying them again. Callaway was a big miss for me last year with what they’ve done with designs/colors, the golf ball troubles, and their decision to ruin Ogio for me.

Bridgestone Tour BRX vs BRXS!

Might give the Triple Track a go but it will be hard to knock the QST out of my bag.

TP5x versus Bridgestone BX

Bridgestone vs Bridgestone vs Found Balls

I am pretty much settled on the new Chrome Soft. I will try the Bridgestone RX and the new Q-Star Tour.

Srixon Q Star Tour (yellow) vs Bridgestone Tour B RX (yellow) vs my gamer W/S Duo Professional (green)
Though the new Chromesoft is interesting too.

Tour B RXS versus Tour B XS versus Chrome Soft. I am sure I will try our some others, but the battle lies with those three.

I can’t wait to test the new Chrome Soft v. The Z-Star...

Back