Balls! How do you buy?

Just started up again last year after 13 years off and asked advice, so started with Calloway and they weren't bad, but then tried Srixon which I bought online and again, they weren't bad, but I was pining for something like my old Presep Pros. I asked Bridgestone for an equivalent which got me back to their series and now I am content. Found a deal where you could buy 2 boxes and get them personalized for free online again. Usually find online is cheaper.

I tink there's going to be a much larger online shopping presence than there was before... post Covid I mean.

Once I find a ball I like, I stick to it. Played the Snell MTB red, then X for a good couple of years. Found my current ball by accident. Snell MTB x balls have been on back order for months in the yellow I use. My father in law bought me some Vice Pro Plus balls last Christmas mistakingly thinking that’s what I played. I cracked them open a few weeks back whilst I waited for Snell to restock, but these Vice balls have been fantastic for me. Outperforming the Snell in every department. These will be my gamer for the foreseeable future.

Deals through online stores or Brick and Mortars.... honestly usually last years discount model.

I have been using Callaway Chrome Soft. I keep a few dozen new around for special trips, but I usually use used balls in mint condition from lostgolfballs.com. I have found no difference in performance, they look new (some have logos and sharpie marks) and the price is about half.

Walmart sells Callaway Supersoft, so I pick up a dozen or two whenever we're in there shopping. I'll occasionally buy them online if I find a better price.

I tend to shop deals online and bulk buy where I can find the style, color, and brand I'm looking for. Tend to make 1-2 big bulk buys per year

I have a brand and ball that I use, so if that goes on sale I will snag them. But other than that, just when I am out I will buy some.

i buy in bulk/ sale just picked up some z stars for 80 for 3 doz with a 10 dollar off coupon so came to 70

Throughout the years I've been playing, I have an idea what type of ball peformance I like. If I see a special on those balls I'll buy. Sometimes I venture out and try other balls
I try and make it as simple as I can.....

Now is the time to buy Titleist ProV and AVX Series.

Bridgestone has a similar deal -

I would do this if they would offer 2 each .... ProV1 & AVX customized (y) Instead of 4 dozen of the same ball. I like the performance of each

I very rarely buy anything online, I usually go to dicks sporting goods or golf galaxy

I would do this if they would offer 2 each .... ProV1 & AVX customized (y) Instead of 4 dozen of the same ball. I like the performance of each
It's the only time of year to buy as many Titleist high end balls as you want for about $3/ball

I wait for Black Friday and Christmas time to buy balls usually at DSG or GG. Plenty of good deals around.

I just go to DSG or Golf USA. Sometimes I order direct from OEM.

I haven't purchased any golf balls in years. My home course is littered with hazards and I find more than enough to keep me in stock. Sure, I would like to play one ball exclusively, but I can't see paying for them when I can get them for free...and I pass on water balls. I have something like 50 dozen balls in great shape on hand right now.

I find what I like, then wait for a good deal online. I did that last year with the Z stars when they had their BOGO sale.
Waiting for that deal again. I'm getting low on stock!

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Srixon recently has/had a "buy 2 dozen get one dozen free" promotion so I now have 3 dozen ZStar XV balls :)

Srixon recently has/had a "buy 2 dozen get one dozen free" promotion so I now have 3 dozen ZStar XV balls :)
I saw, but after the BOGO last year I'm holding out for that! Hopefully it comes before I run out!

I buy used, like new, Callaway Super Soft golf balls each year.

I tend to buy from a store when I get down to my last dozen

I would buy from my club pro shop but they don't stock Callaway, only Taylormade, Srixon and Titleist

Buy online in bulk when I find great deals on Bridgestone balls.

I really miss Jerry's Used Balls in Phoenix, AZ. Buying top quality used balls for $1 each or less was perfect. You can pick them out yourself (I usually looked for pristine balls with logos or permanent marks as they were automatically downgraded) and you could experiment with other brands by purchasing 2 or 3 to try out.

Now that I no longer live in AZ, I try to subsist on balls that I find or pay the .25 cents or $1 balls that a couple of entrepreneurs at our course have for sale in buckets in their backyards.

Next option (one I just took advantage of) is purchasing on eBay. I just bought 24 AAAA Kirkland's that cost less than $1/ea with price + shipping.

Final option is to buy at Walmart where I'll purchase a dozen Bridgestone e6's when in a bind.

I was fit for ProV1x at a THP event, so I have been doing the Titleist customized loyalty purchases each spring. 4 for the price of 3 ftw.

When I first began playing, I knew I could hit the ball far, but was looking for something that would reduce side spin. I actually went into a GG for a driver fitting, and the tech did a ball fitting, as well. At that point I started using the e6.

My game has progressed in such a way that I've moved to the BXS, but have also experimented with the major OEMs as well. I'm finding that I prefer the TP5 and BXS.

As far as purchasing, I'll often buy the previous year model on discount online from Budget Golf or Amazon. However, I've also been known to pick up some of the three piece k-Sigs for the winter months, and will buy BXS at lostgolfballs, to keep expenses down.

Back