Course Review Ballyhack Golf Club

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Just finished Shaft Up #1 from there, so if you missed the pictures, you can find them here.

Dramatic elevation changes of 50 – 70 feet are just part of the challenge of this visually stunning locale. A shot-maker’s course, Ballyhack features 150-yard fairways, gouged-out bunkers, and rugged terrain. Don’t forget to greet the family of African Boer goats, who live near the 14th green.

After two days of golf, I can honestly say the place blew me away. One of the best experiences I have had a golf facility for a THP Event I have ever been to. Every aspect of service was perfectly executed, without any of the pretentiousness that exists at some. Just a perfect venue.

If you get a chance to head to this place, jump at it.

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.46.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.44.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.46.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.45.56 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.45.30 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.45.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.44.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.47.11 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.47.28 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-06-22 at 2.48.15 PM.png

Last edited:
Just following the live thread it really felt like this would be the review. Outstanding!

On my bucket list now!

The pictures during the Shaft Up event were just stunning. Definitely on my new bucket list of courses to hope to play one day.

This course looked and sounded absolutely amazing from following the live thread!

The pictures were amazing!

It's absolutely a course that I'd jump at a chance to play after what I saw in the live thread!!

Place looks legit incredible. I don't know how private the place is and how hard it is to find a way on, but my in-laws live about 45 mins away so I REALLY want to wrangle a way on!

There were some great photos. Glad to hear everything else was as good as the course looked.

I will be there in June! Can't wait for 3 days of awesome golf! 🤯

pics in the shaft up live thread were gorgeous

Course really looked spectacular. Love the elevation changes and mounding.

The pics you guys posted yesterday were incredible. Really showcased the beauty out there, condition and layout wise.

That course looks outstanding. Great choice for a THP event.

The follow was for sure nuts. I would be super curious to see what this course looks like in full bloom and nothing dormant as it was amazing even in a semi dormant state.

The follow was for sure nuts. I would be super curious to see what this course looks like in full bloom and nothing dormant as it was amazing even in a semi dormant state.
We really couldn't believe how good of shape it was in considering the time frame. Greens were fantastic, fast and in near perfect shape. The fairways were coming in perfectly and you could see the care that was going into them.

The Blue Tees which you played are 73.5 and 152 slope. It is quite rare any non single digit cap player will ever even be allowed to step on tees with that type of slope.
I have been to 3 of the 6 Dormie Clubs. They understand customer service very well. All are fabulous venues as well. I'd love a chance at Ballyhack but we'll see if an opportunity creates itself.

What an amazing venue!

We really couldn't believe how good of shape it was in considering the time frame. Greens were fantastic, fast and in near perfect shape. The fairways were coming in perfectly and you could see the care that was going into them.

You could see the care and work from the pictures. I always wonder why the tour does not venture out more to courses like this. This looks like a place that would be fun to see an event at.

Such a great course with incredible amenities. Definitely added to the must play list if given the chance.

Is this course easily available to get on? Private? Semi?

This really looked like an amazing course from the event pictures. My wife would even go just to stay around the goats all day long.

The Blue Tees which you played are 73.5 and 152 slope. It is quite rare any non single digit cap player will ever even be allowed to step on tees with that type of slope.
I have been to 3 of the 6 Dormie Clubs. They understand customer service very well. All are fabulous venues as well. I'd love a chance at Ballyhack but we'll see if an opportunity creates itself.
We played the Black Tees.

Back