Bandon Dunes golf

CorvetteGuy

Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.6
Just got back from Bandon - wonderful place down there - great staff and courses. The beauty of it next to the ocean was superb. BUT here comes the But - I dont need to see it again it was the most frustrating rounds of golf I have experienced in a while. The weather was sunny but so windy any golf bags left standing would blow over, if in a push cart it would sail away, When you hit a 190 yard club and nut it it went about 120 yards. an 8 Iron hit flush the ball would go about 90-100 yards. what is the fun in that???? and after 18 holes of golf you feel like you played 50 holes.
P1010277.JPGP1010280.JPGP1010286.JPGP1010310.JPG

Sorry such a pretty day wasnt very nice to you.

I live in Oregon and have played there several different times. Yes it can be windy but I wouldn't say based on my experience, other that a 6 hole section on Pacific one time, that the conditions there are worse than other ocean side courses. I have played several courses on the Oregon and California coastlines, for me I love the beauty and peace of the spectacular views.

All that said I did have a 6 hole stretch on Pacific Dunes one March where the wind and rain really whipped up and it felt like we were being sandblasted so I understand your pain and if your whole round was that way it would be a bummer especially at the pricing.

Thanks for sharing, definitely want to get out there and play sometime.

So every hole was into the wind???

So , no there were A FEW that were in our back - so a pitching wedge would go about 30 yards further than normal. one did have to tilt the tee forward or rearward when teeing it up - so the ball would not blow off. a lot of holes were side winds. Other than that it was a very nice peaceful lovely game of golf.

You live in the PNW and you are complaining about the wind at Bandon and surprised by it as well? Sorry, it's hard to take this post seriously. You had a 6-7 club wind? - hmm Only a "few holes" ? - that certainly unlikely as the split is pretty even.

I get that players may prefer fair weather golf and not deal with the elements and that's fine - then don't venture to courses that will have elements and then be surprised and complain.

You live in the PNW and you are complaining about the wind at Bandon and surprised by it as well? Sorry, it's hard to take this post seriously. You had a 6-7 club wind? - hmm Only a "few holes" ? - that certainly unlikely as the split is pretty even.

I get that players may prefer fair weather golf and not deal with the elements and that's fine - then don't venture to courses that will have elements and then be surprised and complain.
Awe man - I was just wanting some sympathy and a Participation Ribbon...:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Baboso - I hope your golf game is better than your .GIF game..:ROFLMAO::unsure::eek:;)

Tough crowd! Someone pays $300 or whatever for a round at Bandon and the wind makes things borderline unplayable. It is a valid criticism. I've only been to Bandon once in February, not sure there really is a good time to go from what I've read. Windy in the summer, rainy spring fall and cold snaps in the winter.

unfortunately, beautiful courses in a horrible place... you need to get lucky. 30 years of the 2 hour drive to my Dad's in North Bend (an hour north of Bandon) I find October to be one of the better weather months (at least the wind is down unless there is a storm coming)

Seriously ... you don't like KB? Wow....

And yes...the game is better, for sure. 71, 74, 73, 76 in my May rounds at Bandon this year in those unfun winds!

good deal -- my rounds at Bandon were 42, 40, 42, 41 and felt pretty good about that! (y)

Seriously ... you don't like KB? Wow....

And yes...the game is better, for sure. 71, 74, 73, 76 in my May rounds at Bandon this year in those unfun winds!
Post as many pictures of KB as you want. 😍

Tough crowd! Someone pays $300 or whatever for a round at Bandon and the wind makes things borderline unplayable. It is a valid criticism. I've only been to Bandon once in February, not sure there really is a good time to go from what I've read. Windy in the summer, rainy spring fall and cold snaps in the winter.

It’s on the ocean, it’s links golf. The wind is supposed to there. That’s why they built those course there. It would be more unusual if the wind wasn’t up.

Well now--- Happy Fathers day -- this thread went well.:unsure:

OP Goes to the Oregon Coast, then complains about the wind......:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Just sent my deposit for a week trip to Bandon Dunes July 2024. Looking forward to reading all the reviews here and reaching out to @tequila4kapp

Just sent my deposit for a week trip to Bandon Dunes July 2024. Looking forward to reading all the reviews here and reaching out to @tequila4kapp

Best golf resort in the world. There are a bunch of reviews on THP!

Back