Bandon Dunes Purchase

tomahawk18

Waiting for some sun!?
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.6
I was at a charity auction with my family over the weekend and they had a trip to Bandon Dunes as one of the items. It was a trip for two with 2 nights in the Lily Pond rooms, and 4 rounds of golf at any of the courses with no restrictions. Total value $1650.
Bandon is about a 7 hour drive for me and I have always wanted to play it. So I started bidding. Needless to say I got it! Paid a few hundred less than the value of the trip and I am super excited!! Now I have to plan a weekend to head down there. I plan on playing all 4 courses in 2 days! Each day playing early using one of the auction rounds and taking advantage of the cheaper playback in the afternoon (about $100). I have never played 72 holes in 2 days and will need to be in good shape since you have to walk all of the Bandon Courses. The hard part is going to be picking only one of my golfing buddies to go with me. :)

Wow walking 72 holes will be a challenge. Do you get a caddy for that price?

Sounds like a great trip.

have fun.

No caddy. But I have my push cart! HAHA

Congratulations. You will love it. Make sure to get a caddy, it is worth the dough especially if you are playing 36/day and get a good quality rainsuit.

Pick me! :D jk You are going to love Bandon Dunes, it is a very surreal place. Feels like you have stepped back in time. I played there a month ago and played 36 in one day (Bandon Dunes and Old MacDonald). It was totally doable! A couple of the guys that I played with were in their late 60s early 70s and they had played 9 rounds in 5 days. I joined them on day 4 and they were still going strong. Definitely check out the Pub there, they have some really good food for after the rounds and the Bandon Dunes cafe had the best Cobb salad I have ever had in my life!

Congratulations. You will love it. Make sure to get a caddy, it is worth the dough especially if you are playing 36/day and get a good quality rainsuit.

Im a Seattle area golfer, I already have great Foot Joy Rainsuits. HAHA. I will probably invest in a caddy for the first round, then... we will see.

Im a Seattle area golfer, I already have great Foot Joy Rainsuits. HAHA. I will probably invest in a caddy for the first round, then... we will see.

The caddies aren't cheap, but they know the layout of the course so well. They will definitely make the experience much more enjoyable and save you strokes in the mean time. Just have your friend split the cost of the caddie. He will only carry one set of clubs, but the caddie that we had gave everyone a lot of great advice! BTW they have pushcarts there for you at no extra charge.

I had the played all the courses at Bandon and your are in for a treat. Caddie is a must and make sure you pack warm clothes. I have played the course with the sun beaming down, no wind and 72 gloriuos degrees. I have also played in 35 - 40 MPH wind and sideways rain. Each time was a real treat. The rain and wind took a lot out of me but still had fun. Pacific has some breathe taking views, the trail is loads of fun and Bandon is a beast if the wind gets up. HAVE FUN and enjoy those 4 rounds. Great practice facility and great food. :banana:

Thanks guys! I was so excited that I just had to post about the trip! :)

Congrats!!

I haven't made it down to Bandon yet, but I hope to sometime this year.
My brother played the courses over the Superbowl weekend.
He told me that if he had a chance to play Pebble Beach again or Bandon, he would take Bandon.
With both of us having played Pebble Beach once, that speaks volumes to me about Bandon.

Have a great time and I look forward to hearing about the trip !!

Congrats on winning what will be a memorable 2 days/2 nights. I would love to play the Bandon courses. I know they'd eat me up, but friends that have played there rave about how gorgeous the courses are. Have a great time!

Sweet, nice score! It is the golf equivalent of heaven. Also, be prepared to shoot 5-10 strokes higher than usual, at least that's how I did @ Bandon & Chambers Bay.

That's awesome! Nice that you got to support a charity while getting to live an experience like that!

Sweet, nice score! It is the golf equivalent of heaven. Also, be prepared to shoot 5-10 strokes higher than usual, at least that's how I did @ Bandon & Chambers Bay.

I've played chambers bay a half dozen times, so I hope I'm a little prepared.

Bandon=Chambers X 10. I got the feeling at Chambers of a golf course that was built at the site. Bandon feels like it's been there for all of time. No offense to Chambers, still a sweet course. Anyway, my scores balloned because of the greens, I just didn't prepare and adjust well. Bandon's greens are pretty similar to Chambers so you should do well. Have fun.

Bandon=Chambers X 10. I got the feeling at Chambers of a golf course that was built at the site. Bandon feels like it's been there for all of time. No offense to Chambers, still a sweet course. Anyway, my scores balloned because of the greens, I just didn't prepare and adjust well. Bandon's greens are pretty similar to Chambers so you should do well. Have fun.

Yeah I have heard that from a lot of people. It sounds like an amazing place.

Back