Bandon Dunes: The Sheep Ranch

DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Photos hitting the WWW on golf.com and golfdigest.com today. This course looks amazing. This double green on the point here looks to be the distinguishing feature. The folks that got to play 9 say it plays like Old Mac in that rollout and ground game are crucial. It has no sand traps at all and a few spots where it dares you to cross a bluff a la' Pebble and Cypress Point. Some are even saying it's the best course on property. This is a bucket list trip for me. I really need to get out there.

SR-0421.JPG

I listen to Foreplay golf podcast by barstool sports and they rant about how nice this course is. Definitely a bucket list course for me also

Looks fantastic. :love:

I just met a guy who was heading out there. I hadn’t heard of it and now this popped up. Looks awesome.

What a gorgeous view! Thanks for posting!

Got to see it under construction last year and it looked unreal. If I remember correctly the caddies told me it was gonna be an additional mile of holes actually on the ocean. thats insane and gonna be a blast.

The wind here might be double what it usually is at Pacific Dunes. Can’t wait to see what they did w/ the land.

I have been following this closely. The course looks phenomenal. The routing is very unique, with multiple instances of teeing areas for different holes being near one another, then the double green and the shots over ravines. Reports indicate the wind will be much more of a factor than at any other property.

I will be driving down next June after it opens. Leave early in the a.m., play an afternoon round on D1, wake up early to play a morning round then drive home. I literally cannot wait.

know a couple people that played it before the resort took it over. I am sure they have made some significant changes but they said the best ocean views were at sheep ranch. Thinking I will go back in 2021 and play all 5.

hit it anywhere for a GIR, only a 50 yard putt!

Added it to the short list as soon as the teaser photos started being released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went when there were 2, then 3, then 4...A return in order now with 5th....The photo hole very much like signature hole at Cabot Cliffs....Keisers Nova Scotia Bandon East...That course is phenominal.

Wish I had made it out there to play the original layout but this new one will be just fine. Looks to be a great addition to an already amazing resort.

Back