Bar code stickers on clubs

smgoldstein

2022 Goat Cupper
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I noticed how some golfers play with the retail bar code stickers still on their clubs, mostly down by the hosel. Primarily one off clubs like putters, wedges and drivers. Never understood why. I mean, I find it distracting watching someone else putt with the sticker on, so can't imagine how they do it.

I did with my wedges. Luckily I buy most of my gear at my local golf mart, they do a good job of removing any stickers before giving you the club.

Because it doesn’t bother me, and it does bother others. ;)

Gross looking. Hate it.

Golf Galaxy and I'm sure most Golf shops have that heat gun to take off the sticker and not leave any residue on the shaft. Always do.

on my driver and putter, they come off immediately...everything else is kinda "let's see how often i play this...then decide"

I remove them straight away, Idont even like the residue that they leave on the shafts so wipe that away too

I put a giant bow with streamers on all my clubs. That way, regardless of outcome, it looks festive.

:cool:

Doesn't bother me one way or the other, except when one is peeling off and keeps hanging. That looks a bit ragged to me. My focus is not on the club shaft anyway.

Because it doesn’t bother me, and it does bother others. ;)
Same for me. Also when I hit a bad shot and want to snap the club in half. Looking at how much I paid for it changes my mind real quick.

Doesn't take long to clean them off, never understood leaving them on. It looks quite tacky.

on my driver and putter, they come off immediately...everything else is kinda "let's see how often i play this...then decide"
^^

The same reason you put the K&N sticker on the 💩box. More horsepower!

Doesn't take long to clean them off, never understood leaving them on. It looks quite tacky.
This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It takes all of two minutes to scrape it off & use a little "Goof Off" or mineral spirits to wipe off the shaft. It looks like you went into Dicks, grabbed a club real quick & went to the course. I see it on some people's clubs & I want to start peeling it off myself.

Because it’s fun that it bothers some of you so much.

I always am looking at my ball when I swing, not the stickers.

I take them off when I think about it, and plan on it. Not a big deal to me.

I know if I leave them on too long, it's kind of chore getting the left over sticky residue off. More so on graphite shafts.

That barcode stickers come off once I get the club home. The other stickers stay on, like the SC sticker, Vokey sticker, etc.

This thread just made me check all of my clubs. :ROFLMAO:

I don't really look at other people's clubs, so it doesn't bother me if they have it, but I always remove them on mine.

After a few years, they eventually fall off. So what's the big deal?

I am that guy, but I also don't ever wash my clubs. As long as the grooves are clean and no mud is caked to the sole, I'm good to go.

This drives me batty. I've taken clubs out of my brothers bag, taken them home, and cleaned that crap off.

After a few years, they eventually fall off. So what's the big deal?

I am that guy, but I also don't ever wash my clubs. As long as the grooves are clean and no mud is caked to the sole, I'm good to go.
Stop this madness!!

Gross looking. Hate it.

Golf Galaxy and I'm sure most Golf shops have that heat gun to take off the sticker and not leave any residue on the shaft. Always do.
One of my pet peeves are the number of stickers and how they are placed, since I sometimes order clubs online and then I am the one who has to spend 20 minutes getting labels and the residue they leave behind off the club.

Back