Bar code stickers on clubs

So it wasn't just me, then. Good, good.
Nope...some things just peek your interest & cause you to do mysterious things.

This thread just reminded me I've been meaning to get rid of the barcode sticker on the driver that came with the clubs I was gifted. It was old, dirty and ragged, and just plain looked bad.

... It takes all of two minutes to scrape it off & use a little "Goof Off" ...
Yikes! Be careful with Goof Off. I've seen that stuff melt certain plastics and dull other surfaces. Goo Gone, OTOH, I've never seen damage anything. (However, I do thoroughly wash with soap and warm water any surface upon which I've used even Goo Gone--just as a precaution.)

My wife used her vastly superior fingernails to scrape off most of the above-mentioned label on my driver, then I used Goo Gone to get rid of the glue residue. Can't even tell where the sticker used to be, and God knows how long it's been on there.

I am surprised with all of the self diagnosed OCD patients that there isn't a THP sponsored mental institute.

It's my effin club. If I want to rust it, put iron covers on it, leave stickers on it, put it in a staff bag, drag on the cart path, throw in a tantrum, paint fill it, mismatch sets, or whatever then that's what I am going to do. Mind your business while you are over there drinking your white claw and asking for the manager.

Most of that was in jest but get a grip people.

As an alternative to Goo Gone, you can use plain old rubbing alcohol. Fingernail polish remover woks as well.

I am surprised with all of the self diagnosed OCD patients that there isn't a THP sponsored mental institute.

It's my effin club. If I want to rust it, put iron covers on it, leave stickers on it, put it in a staff bag, drag on the cart path, throw in a tantrum, paint fill it, mismatch sets, or whatever then that's what I am going to do. Mind your business while you are over there drinking your white claw and asking for the manager.

Most of that was in jest but get a grip people.
Sure it's your club, but that doesn't mean it can't drive me batty. And White Claws are Zima in a new package.

After a few years, they eventually fall off. So what's the big deal?

I am that guy, but I also don't ever wash my clubs. As long as the grooves are clean and no mud is caked to the sole, I'm good to go.

How do you know there isn't? We are all "mental" about golf! ;)

As an alternative to Goo Gone, you can use plain old rubbing alcohol. Fingernail polish remover woks as well.
IME, Goo Gone works much more quickly & effectively on glue residue than does rubbing alcohol. Fingernail polish remover may be fine for metal shafts, but I'd never use it on non-metallic surfaces. It's primary component is acetone. That'll destroy the finish on many painted or synthetic surfaces.

Anyone remember her? Price tag on the hat.

Attachments

• 51STezqWV-L._SX425_.jpg
    51STezqWV-L._SX425_.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 3
Haha - back in the day I'd buy used clubs at Golfsmith and they would always leave the bar code sticker on. At home it was a real pain to take that off and I left them on all the time.

Then one time I bought a used club at Golfsmith and the guy at the register uses a heat gun on the sticker and it came off easy peasy! I always asked them to do it after that.

I bought a new Cleveland 53-Diadic wedge there almost 15 years ago and it's still in my bag. I just checked and sure enough, about 50% of the bar code sticker is still there (I guess I've not paid any attention to it all these years).

i gotta be honest, stickers on clubs is like the big old dumb sticker people leave on their ball cap..

I play with them on and honestly don't even notice it. I'm looking at the ball or top of my club, not the shaft.

I think I may start adding stickers of my own to add to the collection.

I have to remove them immediately.

Minnie Pearl left her stickers on.....

Just checked. Yup, my 10 year old clubs still have the stickers on the shaft 🤷‍♂️ although my brand new putter sticker was washing off so I removed it.

On some of my clubs I have had a hard time removing the sticker without leaving too much residue. So I find it cleaner to leave on.

I should get a residue remover, but that never seems to happen.

They need to come off of my clubs... I use lighter fluid for any sticky bits afterwards.
It seems so silly though that they bother me, because I’m a label up type guy.

Because it doesn’t bother me, and it does bother others. ;)
This is how I feel. I don’t even notice them. I have a heat gun and when I think about it I will remove them. That said some of my clubs have had then for months. :ROFLMAO:

I've always peeled mine off but I can't say that I've ever paid attention to it on anyone else's clubs. 🤷‍♂️

Easiest way to take it off?

Goo Gone stocks went up years ago due to someone's club proclivities.... ;)

i didn't leave it on the 3W today but the new 52* is wearing them things like 👑

Back