PatsFan

Jedi Knight
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
myself
Anyone ever play barefoot??

I played 12 of the 18 holes today barefoot. I wore the wrong socks (they weren't high enough) and I got blisters right at the bottom of my Achilles on both feet so I took off my shoes and went barefoot for the last 3 holes on the front. I tried to put better socks on but it wasn't going to work so I played the entire Back 9 Barefoot and shot a PB for the 18.

I will probably try it again tomorrow. It def won't work if it is not dry out that is for sure.

#BareFootGolf

How can I swing out of my shoes if I’m not wearing any? Congrats on the PB! Did you find yourself swinging differently? Curious to see how your experiment goes.

I’ve seen some YouTube golfers do it. But it’s never been something I’ve wanted to try. I usually explore the more rough terrain on my course though so that wouldn’t work out very well even if I wanted to :LOL:

I’ve seen it but never contemplated it. I spent way too much time in the woods and brush to consider it.

I have sissy feet so no way I'm golfing without shoes.

How can I swing out of my shoes if I’m not wearing any? Congrats on the PB! Did you find yourself swinging differently? Curious to see how your experiment goes.
I tried to just have a smooth even tempo and I had my best ball striking day of the year.
Being Barefoot I was def more aware of my footing. I was lucky to keep the ball in play all day. I don't know about barefoot in the woods.

I’ve played barefoot and in flip flops without much of an issue other than what @Smiter said
About stepping on stuff.

Actually yes, my friends and I play 36 a day for a week during our annual trip to Palm Springs. The 2nd round for the day we play in sandals because it’s so hot and kick them off to the side when it’s your turn to hit.

Don’t think it’s bad at all, just be careful of fire ants is what we learned.

You have to wear shoes at our course. They won't even allow sandles, unless they are golf specific.

Apparently it's a health issue, due to the chemicals, (fertilizers) and reclaimed water used on the course.

That said, once you are on your way, you can switch shoes, or what ever.

I actually played with a couple young guys yesterday, one was a bit of a free spirit and he was playing barefoot. I commented that I bet he could feel/read a green pretty good with his feet. He did putt pretty well during the round.

Have played many times barefoot, when I lived next to the course. Have on a couple occasions lost the shoes along the way due to issues with the shoes. This reminded me of The Big Break and Barefoot Dave....I played with Dave Gunas a few times a long time ago...Ha

Had to do this at the same course when I had my 360 Adidas shoes, blisters like nobody's business, grass between toes, nothing better.
Started doing it at top golf too, for fun

I've done this almost yearly over Memorial Day weekend. Sandals that get kicked off for the shot. It gives you good connection and forced me to swing with a good tempo.

Jim Mcmahon plays golf exclusively barefoot......i know from personal experience.
81378dfa50736fbf6f967c7e4d66ad7d.png

thankfully bare feet and those ridiculous golf sandals are banned at my club
There's No Gambling at Bushwood!!

Sounds stuffy but I would follow the rules/

I'd love to, but I spend too much time in rocky, thorny areas where being barefoot wouldn't be a good thing. :LOL: Also, we have red ants all over our course and your feet would be a mess of ant bite welts by the end of a round. They already get my ankles as it is!

I golf in zero drop shoes (True Linkswear) which is the next best thing to being barefoot. I also have a pair of Five Fingers golf shoes I occasionally wear, and they're just like being barefoot but with a little bit of protection on your soles.

I wish I was hitting enough fairways for that, I spend way too much time in the natural to play barefoot. I honestly need to be playing more in Muck Boots if anything.

At the 2019 Grandaddy Tony Toulon proclaimed he could beat us barefoot. I have no doubt that he could.

Sam Snead used to advocate practicing barefoot. It is good for your tempo.

You could get some of those 5 finger shoes. They have some protection but not a ton of support. Many clubs prohibit playing barefoot. I am relatively sure you wouldn't be allowed to do it at my club.

Sam Snead used to advocate practicing barefoot. It is good for your tempo.

You could get some of those 5 finger shoes. They have some protection but not a ton of support. Many clubs prohibit playing barefoot. I am relatively sure you wouldn't be allowed to do it at my club.
5Fingers.jpg

There is a member of my league that plays barefoot and has since I've known him, about 10 years. He said that he started because of a big blister and has never looked back. I know I couldn't do it, my feet are to tender on the bottoms and the rocks would kill me.

Back