If I don't have to have shoes on for some reason, I'm barefoot. From about April to November, the only time I have shoes on is when I golf or go to the gym. Any other time I'm in flip flops or barefoot.
Same here, but it's more like May to October. Work, golf, and hockey are pretty much the only times that I'm not barefoot or in flip-flops during those months. I've never golfed barefoot, but I'd probably like it except for all the time I spend in the woods.

Played yesterday in Flip flops and shot 95. Today I played the front 9 in flip flops because of the dew and I played the back barefoot and shot 87 which is a PB for a 18 hole course. I definitely have a much smoother swing barefoot.

:oops:

One of my best friends plays barefoot all the time. When I got married, we played before the rehearsal dinner. Kicked his sandals off on the first tee, set his beer down, proceeded to shoot a smooth 68 with 1 bogey.

There's No Gambling at Bushwood!!

Sounds stuffy but I would follow the rules/
That does not sound stuffy to me

No especially in the desert. 200 degree pavement , rocks, cactus needles, critters and goose ****.

No especially in the desert. 200 degree pavement , rocks, cactus needles, critters and goose ****.
I'd love it if I stayed on the short grass all the time, but that ain't how I roll. :LOL:

I love golfing barefoot. Used to do it all the time when I lived in Dallas, really helped with the golfers tan line lol. It also helped me a lot with staying under control and not trying to kill the ball.

So today was the first time I played golf since I had hand surgery. Decided to barefoot it just so I could take it easy and not try to swing hard. Was going great, playing best of two balls and par through 6. Get to 7, par 3 and pull both tee shots. Go looking for one of them near a fence and that’s when the barefoot day sucked. Stepped on something that didn’t feel very good. As much as I love walking around barefoot need to be careful what you’re walking around. Wasn’t even able to find what I stepped on, probably something metal and rusty. And I think I’m past due for a tetanus shot.

1ACB72D6-27FF-4A71-976A-079848BD1805.jpeg898748BB-B4F3-484E-90A8-28EB3F6E55D0.jpeg

I love it. But, I tend not to since I have skis and I know what chemicals courses use. :LOL:

I just got a pair of those ugly looking zero drop shoes so I don't have to go barefoot into the woods.

Many years ago I got paired as a single. Two of the foursome shared a cart and a lot of beer. In fact one of the two stumbled up for the 7am start already very drunk and reeking. In bare feet. He played the whole round in bare feet, striping the ball while he and his buddy continued to deplete their cooler. After the guy stiffed one on the par 3 16th inside my good shot, I said to his buddy something like " he's playng very well". The buddy said, "yeah, he's one under".

I thought about quitting golf.

A few years ago I was playing a match and hit my ball into a hazard and almost lost both shoes in the mud. I took them off and played 7 holes barefoot.

I just got a pair of those ugly looking zero drop shoes so I don't have to go barefoot into the woods.
There ya go @PatsFan never tried it and don't think many people want me to as my toes and toenails are demolished from skiing and running. But I might next time we go golfing

There ya go @PatsFan never tried it and don't think many people want me to as my toes and toenails are demolished from skiing and running. But I might next time we go golfing
Next time we play we're both going barefoot!!!

totally up for it

Even though I put a hole in my foot a week or so ago I’m back out barefootin up

image.jpg

Years ago I had the 'pleasure' of being matched against a barefoot golfer in opening round of our base championship. Worse yet he wore a pair of those long yellow dishwasher gloves and his chicklets suggested he'd never wasted a dime on toothpaste. Weird, weird guy. No idea if he worked on base, hope he wasn't active duty, never seen him before or since. After I closed him out I'm glad he he offered his yellow gloved hand to shake, weird as that was. It was summer in San Antonio. Had to be full of sweat.

A buddy of mine forgot his golf shoes the other day, so he played the round in flip-flops. About as close to barefoot as you can get without actually being barefoot. And he shot right within his usual scoring range.

Back