Nah. I'll pass. Too many fireants, pine needles, and weeds where my ball goes.

The couple times I played in HS were barefoot with no shirts on...but haven't done that since

Back in HS I played a few holes completely nude. Wait ... what? :oops: Yes a guy on the team dared me to do it. Hey I won $100 :ROFLMAO: So yes, I've played barefoot. Haha!

I used to have Reef golf sandals...I’ve played in Vibrams and I’ve played barefoot a couple of times when I forgot sneakers and only had boots.

I hate shoes...if I could go barefoot everywhere, I would.

But, I usually golf in just regular sneakers...only wear spikes if it’s wet. Due to back issues I can’t swing hard anyway.

havent done it in a longtime but I loved it when I do. I find it much easier to keep my balance

Now over 90% of my rounds are first thing in the morning before 6am so usually there's dew in the morning and barefoot wouldn't work.....I've tried True Linkswear shoes and didnt care for them

Lots of geese on my local courses. Lots of geese = lots of ooey-gooey geese goodness on the course. I’ve had a lot of things squish between my toes in my lifetime, but so far have avoided that particular stuff. Looking to keep it that way :cool:

I came across this playing in Hawaii back in the late 80's. I was at Wailua on Kauai and noticed almost all the locals playing barefoot. "What the heck", I'll give it a go. I noticed it certainly feels different, but it keeps you balanced and grounded. No slippage that I could feel in any situation. It's like playing in the rain. You can't overswing and rhythm is paramount.
There was a downside- That Hawaiian red clay soil stuff is almost impossible to clean off without an industrial grinder. I had red feet for days.
I've done it since a few times around here but you have to be aware of ground conditions. Some Muni's are essentially paved with broken glass off the fairways- Marine Park is tops on that list. I know which courses I can do it, and which ones to avoid. I wouldn't necessarily do it and walk a full 18, but on a cart day it's always a possibility.

I had a pair of Nikey shoes that disintegrated around the 10h hole once, and was forced to play barefoot.
Everyrime I went to hit ball I was briefly blinded by my white feet from not getting enough sun and the rest of my legs very tanned. From a distance I was sure people that I was wearing brand new shoes.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

dude. It’s so freeeeing you should try it haha

Sam Snead used to advocate practicing barefoot. It is good for your tempo.

You could get some of those 5 finger shoes. They have some protection but not a ton of support. Many clubs prohibit playing barefoot. I am relatively sure you wouldn't be allowed to do it at my club.

I used to have a pot of those and wore them daily to strengthen my feet but keep them protected against rocks and glass and what not. Did wonders for my knee and hip pain. Just have to adjust slowly and adequately before beginning the exercising.
I don't even walk around my house barefoot, you couldn't pay me to play golf barefoot. I hate being barefoot.

😱 oh noooo haha. Barefoot is so awesome.

dude. It’s so freeeeing you should try it haha

I used to have a pot of those and wore them daily to strengthen my feet but keep them protected against rocks and glass and what not. Did wonders for my knee and hip pain. Just have to adjust slowly and adequately before beginning the exercising.

I don't even walk around my house barefoot, you couldn't pay me to play golf barefoot. I hate being barefoot.
That doesn't seem very Tennessee of you :ROFLMAO:

I've played barefoot several times and kind of like it.
But when going into the bushes for a ball, my shoes were put on.
I find it helps with balance and swinging within myself.
I honestly don't know if my home club bans barefoot or not.

If you played barefoot at my course you'd be picking a lot of goose droppings from between your toes.

Jim Mcmahon plays golf exclusively barefoot......i know from personal experience.
81378dfa50736fbf6f967c7e4d66ad7d.png
Ive seen Jim play a few times back in the day in some pro ams. I did it years ago and loved paying barefoot! Of course there is lots of terrain you would not want to do that, but on the fairway and greens it felt great! The only downside would be the chemicals used on the greenery which is why I stopped doing it:(

I never have, yet my wife loved to play barefoot back in the day when she was in her 40's and we played on Munis.

I’ve played both the Thistle Dhu putting course as well as The Cradle (9 hole par 3 course) at Pinehurst barefoot. It was a ton of fun. In fact, every time I go, I play Thistle Dhu in the evening barefoot.

If I don't have to have shoes on for some reason, I'm barefoot. From about April to November, the only time I have shoes on is when I golf or go to the gym. Any other time I'm in flip flops or barefoot.

Back