Barry Bonds gift to the Stow Family

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Barry Bonds - one of the most polarizing athletes in the last decade shows his good side.

Bryan Stow was beaten outside of Dodger Stadium on opening day. Stow is a SF Giants fan and is still in the hospital. Apparently Barry Bonds contacted the family and volunteered to pay for his 2 children's college education.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6590118

The kids are still young 8 and 12, and if Bonds follows through on this good for him. I think it's a stand up move. Love him or hate him, it's a very generous gesture.

Things like this make me smile. (The gift, not the beating).

I hope the aggressors get what they deserve.

While the gesture is nice, knowing Bonds the motive was not. His attempt to win some favour in the public eye... IMO

I liked that .. Read somewhere they got one of the dirt bags.

While the gesture is nice, knowing Bonds the motive was not. His attempt to win some favour in the public eye... IMO

Knowing Bonds, you should realize he doesn't care what anyone, except the current jury, thinks of him. Other players contributions were announced by them or the team. Bonds' was announced by the family lawyer.

• Staff
Knowing Bonds, you should realize he doesn't care what anyone, except the current jury, thinks of him. Other players contributions were announced by them or the team. Bonds' was announced by the family lawyer.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. It was done in quiet, not in a "look at what I did way."

Back