BatCaddy X8R Electric Caddy

how is the front wheel mechanism? It does look to have much turn in itLeft to Right. Looks beefy enough but it looks like the directional comes from back tire spin rate and the front would just slide ????

how is the front wheel mechanism? It does look to have much turn in itLeft to Right. Looks beefy enough but it looks like the directional comes from back tire spin rate and the front would just slide ????
I would say that is accurate.

Agree. The lack of a swiveling front wheel would be a concern.

Will for sure be looking forward to your thoughts!

Also just looked them up. I saw the stated price and figured it was too good to be true and I was mostly right. A little bummed about how the standard price is with what sounds like a pretty short term battery. I understand the upcharge for a better battery but I feel like the middle battery should be stated as the standard price and then you can either get a "discount" or "upgrade". I'm weird with how I perceive product pricing though, so maybe that's just me.

I just buried my old Batcaddy X4R after 7 years and approx 700 rounds and for the lower tiered electric carts it performed very well. The X4R was the predecessor to the X8R but the newer model has a few improvements albeit minor. Good cart, easy to fix, great service & good parts supply. I have a number of friends that bought after me as it was one of the lowest cost options in a remote cart up until a few years ago when the market started to explode and many more imports came onto the market. I had a few cons that I won't list here but overall a good entry level cart for flat or small hilly courses. I certainly got my monies worth.

I owned the X4R (looks just like the 8, gave it to my wife), and X3R that didn't track straight and was always correcting the path with the remote (sold it). The X4R tracks really straight but I didn't like it didn't have swivel front wheel and no gyroscope to keep it on track. So I purchased the MGI Navigator and love it. The X4R I have is 7 years old and you will get many years out of the X8R except for new battery every so often. Enjoy it.

I owned the X4R (looks just like the 8, gave it to my wife), and X3R that didn't track straight and was always correcting the path with the remote (sold it). The X4R tracks really straight but I didn't like it didn't have swivel front wheel and no gyroscope to keep it on track. So I purchased the MGI Navigator and love it. The X4R I have is 7 years old and you will get many years out of the X8R except for new battery every so often. Enjoy it.
Im a motocaddy user, this is just a test unit for review.
Glad to hear you had good years out of it.

Bat caddy have been around for a while haven’t they? They always seemed to be the brand that came up whenever I was looking at powered push carts. I’ve seen some varying reviews on the bat caddy stuff. What will be most interesting is to hear how the longevity is. I’ve always got the impression build quality isn’t the best on bat caddy’s which is why I’ve never taken the plunge.

Yes...they have been around for quite awhile. Up here in Canada there is basically an identical unit called "Par Caddy" which a Canadian distributor markets and sells parts. I have at times actually purchased parts from him as they fit identical to the Bat Caddy, As I mentioned above I got a good 700+ rounds out of my XR4 and my home course is very hilly although since mine was so old it ran on the heavier lead acid battery which helped going up hills as the added weight helped with the balance.

The Bat Caddy was my 2nd remote cart and like most of the remote carts the fixes are DIY which is a big bonus. I absolutely enjoyed my time with the Bat Caddy and many of my friends love theirs as well. I have a new one coming for Christmas from a different OEM as I decided it was time to spend a little more to get some of the features that the Bat Caddy didn't offer.

I like the looks, and am very interested in following the testing. Thanks for including the link to their website, interesting how they work the pricing around the battery options.

The only thing besides no swivel front wheel and gyroscope is the O rings they use to keep dirt and water out of the motors (towards the wheel side). Keep them lubed or they will loose the pliability

Kind of cool looking. If I was ever in the motorized cart market I'd give it a look

This thing is pretty darn good. It moves FAST when you want it to. Also, those wheels on the back handle ANYTHING you throw at it terrain wise. It's quiet, no issues at all with the hills and was a work horse. I will let @JDax add what he would like, but overall, it was pretty darn impressive for first time out.

This thing is pretty darn good. It moves FAST when you want it to. Also, those wheels on the back handle ANYTHING you throw at it terrain wise. It's quiet, no issues at all with the hills and was a work horse. I will let @JDax add what he would like, but overall, it was pretty darn impressive for first time out.
Nice. I don't know if I read it yet, but what battery is in that one? I think with the traditional sealed lead acid battery and that price point, it's a great alternative for people that want an electric, remote controlled cart and don't want to spend $1500. If you add the Li battery, now you're getting closer to that price, but it's still more budget friendly.

Nice. I don't know if I read it yet, but what battery is in that one? I think with the traditional sealed lead acid battery and that price point, it's a great alternative for people that want an electric, remote controlled cart and don't want to spend $1500. If you add the Li battery, now you're getting closer to that price, but it's still more budget friendly.
This one has the lithium battery.

Did the battery last the full 18 with no issues? And how was the front tire "slide" turning?

Oh, wow ... more to ponder. Thanks, @JB :unsure:

I did notice on the Bat Caddy website that if you add the lithium battery, the cost goes to M7/Zip Navigator territory.

Did the battery last the full 18 with no issues? And how was the front tire "slide" turning?

No issues at all and it was still half full.
Front tire is definitely "fixed" in place.

Oh, wow ... more to ponder. Thanks, @JB :unsure:

I did notice on the Bat Caddy website that if you add the lithium battery, the cost goes to M7/Zip Navigator territory.

I agree there. The M7 with the Budget Coupon is about as good a deal as I have seen considering how much I love that cart.

I used this cart today for 18 holes and have a lot of feedback, vastly positive.

It’s fast and quiet, also very easy to learn how to control. By the back nine I was able to just let it go and use the remote with ease.

Note: The remote range is about 100 yards, I tested this range and it stopped responding, I had to jog up to get back in range of my bag.

It handled terrain with flying colors, I attempted to run it into all sorts of terrain to see if I could get it in trouble and couldn’t. It even handled going over a large tree root with ease. I didn’t have to stop it from tipping over at all.

The strap system has really simple design and easy to use. My bag was very secure on this cart while flying down the fairway.

Note: If you use a stand bag on it, lock the legs in place to make it fit better.

The design is simple and the construction is solid. My only complaint is you can only carry either a bottle of sand or a drink, but not both on the cart. That’s a negative.

Fire away with any questions…

Comparing this to the M7, I do appreciate how Motocaddy has its battery pretty much enclosed where it looks like this is just sitting there. Can you take a couple of closeups of that area?
That was my first observation.. it's like a large battery just plopped on there, no attempts to hide it or make it aesthetic .. but still, functionality over aesthetics for things like this

Very different look than the motocaddy.
I actually kind of like it. Very minimalist.
2022 has got to be the year I grab an electric cart.
Minimalist is a good word to describe the design, it’s simple but flat out works…

This is correct… I could easily make sharper turns by tapping the turn button quickly, wider turns you could just hold it down…

So which seems more stable over rough terrain?
Batcaddy or motocaddy?

Back