BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Pork tenderloin tonight!
7eafde476c358c59c811733520bc0ef4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

First cook on the Traeger, with the MEATER+, went well tonight. Reverse seared some short rib burgers, 325 until they got to 150 and then ~2 minutes a side on the Weber grill on high at 500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s awesome. Seriously.

Went with a cover, the rub, and some pecan pellets to start- really wanted to get the front shelf but decided I can always get it later.
Hope to have it by the weekend for a first cook in the new house

Went with a cover, the rub, and some pecan pellets to start- really wanted to get the front shelf but decided I can always get it later.
Hope to have it by the weekend for a first cook in the new house

It’s so much fun. And so obnoxiously easy.

This past weekend I made some smoked then air fried wings per GolferGal’s recipe. It was the first time I used the air fryer and they turned out great!

I did not do a good job planning the menu because I had the air fryer going all day because it was small and you can’t crowd it. We made French fries and wings in LOTS of air fryer batches.

What is a good recommendation for some bbq knives that aren’t too expensive? I’d like to get something nice to do some easy fat trimming and easily slice brisket, cut ribs, etc. I’d like to find something better than a standard kitchen set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My favourite knife for dealing with meat is the Victorinox 6" fully flexible boning knife: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000S686SY/ref=twister_B0178DHS56
I've taken apart a whole lamb, deer legs, de-boned prime ribs etc. with mine and it takes it all like a champ.
Sometimes I wish I had a longer blade, but then I just reach for my chef's knife for those tasks. This knife does extremely well for trimming.

This past weekend I made some smoked then air fried wings per GolferGal’s recipe. It was the first time I used the air fryer and they turned out great!

I did not do a good job planning the menu because I had the air fryer going all day because it was small and you can’t crowd it. We made French fries and wings in LOTS of air fryer batches.

I’m so glad that worked out for you. We made wings on Sunday doing the smoke than air fryer method and they were awesome. It’s hands down my favorite way to eat wings. If you ever need a good homemade buffalo sauce recipe let me know, I have a go-to that is really tasty. Plus you can doctor it up anyway you like.

A little late to the party, but I cooked these last night and they came out great.

ac96aa7629588cf11688e6d09a0c796d.jpg

What is a good recommendation for some bbq knives that aren’t too expensive? I’d like to get something nice to do some easy fat trimming and easily slice brisket, cut ribs, etc. I’d like to find something better than a standard kitchen set.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I myself honestly have a cheap boning knife I think I got from Cabela's years ago, super cheap but sharp as hell. I had been looking at getting something nicer but this thing just works. All I use for any trimming.

With brisket I have a long knife I got off Amazon. It's by Mercer, again not super expensive but had good ratings and it's been solid.

Good luck in your search!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Did some reverse sear burgers, 200 degrees for 30 minutes and sear for 90 seconds a side

burger.jpg

Spatchcock chicken, 350 for 90 minutes

chicken.jpg

Reverse sear ribeye cap steaks. 200 degrees until 125 internal temp, then sear for 90 seconds a side

These tasted great, but we much prefer filets as there's no grizzle.

ribeye-cap.jpg

ribeye-cap-2.jpg

Bought some ribs from the farmers market yesterday and Did some ribs in the electric smoker today. Also bought a sweet and spicy rub and used applewood chips instead of hickory.

Ribs were cooked well but Rub was just ok, was a little spicier than I expected so the kids didn’t love it unfortunately.

f41e7ad02504c92d59f85598cf955a6c.jpg

869941ed6c11c52d31a1a27c9f747e32.jpg

Oh those look good

Smoked 3 racks of ribs on my pellet pooper, my standard rub, 250 degrees for 3 hours, spritzed with apple juice every 30 minutes or so, slapped a little bbq sauce on them, threw em on the grill for a couple minutes on each side to get a good char, double wrapped in foil, back on the smoker for another hour, lest rest the last hour, they were perfect. Also smoked some mac n cheese, so freakin' easy (pic is about the halfway point) and sooooo good, ridiculous.......ribs mac n cheese.jpg

Smoked 3 racks of ribs on my pellet pooper, my standard rub, 250 degrees for 3 hours, spritzed with apple juice every 30 minutes or so, slapped a little bbq sauce on them, threw em on the grill for a couple minutes on each side to get a good char, double wrapped in foil, back on the smoker for another hour, lest rest the last hour, they were perfect. Also smoked some mac n cheese, so freakin' easy (pic is about the halfway point) and sooooo good, ridiculous.......View attachment 40642

That all looks great!!!

Our friends bought a large flatop gas griddle. So much fun cooking on it. We've made stirfry a couple times, fajitas, and on 4th of July did these bacon/mac'n'cheese stuffed burgers, with queso, sauteed peppers & onions then a slice of monterey jack cheese on top... sort of ridiculous.

Tell me more about those smoked eggs....

#1 - You have to use a strong wood. I usually use mesquite, but hickory will work as well.

Set eggs out and bring to room temp. Smoke @ 225 for 45min - 1hr.

Make deviled eggs.

i'll post pics of the final product later.

Grilled KC Strip tonight and then made some potato fries in the Air Fryer
194824f406bbccda3bcfe591a02573fa.jpg

Jerk marinated pork chop last night, played with fake smoking by tossing a biscuit of 'Caribbean' scented wood on the flav-r-wave to give the chop a little smoke... well that just resulted in fire everywhere. Especially once the fat started dripping down.
It was tasty either way!

0eMkvCi.jpg

Bourbon sausage grilled up on the Napoleon.

6cdf2034f0b725342f33cc6866113427.jpg

Damn that looks 10x better than the sausage I cooked in the frying pan this evening.

Back