BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

trying to reverse sear a tri tip last night. I usually put the cast iron griddle on the gas bbq to heat it up and sear it in butter and fresh rosemary after smoking for an hour.

except last night, I found out the hard way my propane was empty, so I decided to improvise and put a cast iron skillet on the stove in the kitchen. After heating it up, I dropped some butter into the pan, which melted almost instantly and caught fire!

Got the flames snuffed out and cleaned the burnt butter and charred rosemary out of the pan and started over.

Ended up being one of the best tri tips ive ever made lol!F2633238-0BF6-43FB-BA80-E05B8CE051B9.jpeg

• Appreciation
Reactions: JB
I’ve seen those. Built to last

I’ve seen those. Built to last
Yeah. Definitely not for people that like to move a lot. Or ever really. 1200 Lbs seems like it’d be a bit tough to move in the back of the old minivan. Or your friends Ford Ranger for that matter. :ROFLMAO:
BBQ store I walked by yesterday had that one out. I swear the lid had to be 50 lbs.

Just an impressive piece of machinery.

Yeah. Definitely not for people that like to move a lot. Or ever really. 1200 Lbs seems like it’d be a bit tough to move in the back of the old minivan. Or your friends Ford Ranger for that matter. :ROFLMAO:
BBQ store I walked by yesterday had that one out. I swear the lid had to be 50 lbs.

Based on where I live, I’d rather have Stainless, like our Napoleon. Haha.

Based on where I live, I’d rather have Stainless, like our Napoleon. Haha.

Yeah, very true. I’d bet those guys would make a a stainless version of that beast. The cost might be a touch on the high side though.?

• Haha
Reactions: JB
Today we are doing burgers from the ground beef we got from Porter Road. Think we will do the Tri Tip this week before I head out also.

Thanksgiving up here in the frozen north. Turkey going on the smoker right now. real Cherry wood branches and soaked all spice berries are a game changer.

Wow that’s a beast. It’d fall through my deck. What’s it cost? A dollar a lb?

I found a killer deal on a Pit Boss vertical smoker, but my apartment doesn't allow any grills or smokers in balconies and I'm a few months away from investing in a house. I bought it anyways. Storing a friend's place.

I decided I am doing a smoked turkey breast on the pellet grill for Thanksgiving this year.

That sounds really good, I think I'll pick one of those up on my way home to grill tonight! Thanks for the idea!

I decided I am doing a smoked turkey breast on the pellet grill for Thanksgiving this year.
We just had out thanksgiving up here and I did my Turkey on the smoker. It the go to now. Cherry wood and soaked allspice berries on the coals....oh boy. Leftovers today and its always better the day after :p

We just had out thanksgiving up here and I did my Turkey on the smoker. It the go to now. Cherry wood and soaked allspice berries on the coals....oh boy. Leftovers today and its always better the day after :p

Yum! We did it a few years ago and it was a big hit, but for some reason we went away from it, but I decided it's coming back this. year. Plus, it frees up my oven space.

Yum! We did it a few years ago and it was a big hit, but for some reason we went away from it, but I decided it's coming back this. year. Plus, it frees up my oven space.
Yup, had room in the oven for a 6lb Ham. Happy days. #Gonnaneedsomebiggerpants

Picked up some St. Louis styles and some bologna to put in the pellet smoker this week. Pumped!

Some wings I knocked out for my son to take to his "Friendsgiving" partyIMG_0477.jpg

Those look fantastic.
They were a big hit. Only complaint was there wasn't enough of them. Much prefer when you can find the full wing.

Smoked our best wings to date on our Rectec 680.

We bought Amish wings from a buddy's grocery store, used olive oil and Rectec Screamin Pig rub in a ziplock in the fridge for a few hours

Smoked for 1 hour at 275°, cranked to 350° for 15 minutes then tossed in Franks with KC Championship BBQ sauce

Damn!!

wings 1.jpg

wings 2.jpg

wings 3.jpg

Also, bought a new lid wrap for our smoker, On Wisconsin!!!

IMG_9407.jpg

St. Louis today. Rolling with the meat church honey hog, it’s the current favorite of the fam.

Back