BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

GGs got two test birds on the Smoker as we test out some things for Thanksgiving.

66258E5B-ACB9-4812-A480-2F79F470DD8E.jpeg

68BAB795-B6A6-490F-A6C3-DE6930541FBA.jpeg

GGs got two test birds on the Smoker as we test out some things for Thanksgiving.

View attachment 8915390

I'm going to try to smoke a Turkey on the Primo for the first time. Should've tested out some things prior to next week. Too late now I'm not eating Turkey this weekend and next week.

I'm going to try to smoke a Turkey on the Primo for the first time. Should've tested out some things prior to next week. Too late now I'm not eating Turkey this weekend and next week.

I 24 hour brined and then low'n'slow roasted, with some smoke, a 22 lb bird on the BGE.

It was awesome! Tender and juicy, with great flavor.

utpqYOK.jpg

I 24 hour brined and then low'n'slow roasted, with some smoke, a 22 lb bird on the BGE.

It was awesome! Tender and juicy, with great flavor.

utpqYOK.jpg

This is almost the exact set up I'm looking at. Does it take about 12min/#?

This is almost the exact set up I'm looking at. Does it take about 12min/#?

IIRC, I set the BGE to 325*F and it was done in 3-1/2 hours. More like 10min per pound.

Anybody looking for a cheap pellet grill, Sams Club has this for 250

1F90C3C9-4857-4DE2-92E0-35E744183899.jpeg

Oh wow, masterbuilt is the brand of my electric smoker. I wonder if the quality is good on the pellet grills? Thats ridiculously cheap!

Also I smoked a pork shoulder for 14 hrs yesterday and forgot to take a photo:facepalm:. Just a note to those using electric smokers...always set the cook time longer than you think you will need. When I was watching the temp I noticed it got stuck at 183 degrees for a while and then went down to 180, I was like WTF? Went outside to check it and realized the smoker had turned off. :banghead: Such a rookie move I can't believe I did that

Oh wow, masterbuilt is the brand of my electric smoker. I wonder if the quality is good on the pellet grills? Thats ridiculously cheap!

Also I smoked a pork shoulder for 14 hrs yesterday and forgot to take a photo:facepalm:. Just a note to those using electric smokers...always set the cook time longer than you think you will need. When I was watching the temp I noticed it got stuck at 183 degrees for a while and then went down to 180, I was like WTF? Went outside to check it and realized the smoker had turned off. :banghead: Such a rookie move I can't believe I did that

I bet it works pretty darn good. On Sam's Club online, I think its under $200 right now.

Trimming up Iberico ribs to hit the smoker for dinner tonight.

IMG_0271.jpg

I bet it works pretty darn good. On Sam's Club online, I think its under $200 right now.
Wow yep its $199 online...for that price it might be worth picking one up. I notice it doesn't have smoke stack like most of the Traeger and other brands is that a big deal?

Wow yep its $199 online...for that price it might be worth picking one up

I think we are going to get one for my sister in law at that price for the holidays.

Nothing like some solid Pork Ribs JB.

What temp do you like to cook yours at?

Pellet Girl handles the ribs, but I think she does them at 250. With Iberico, you have to go a little longer due to their makeup, but there is nothing like them anywhere. Considered the Kobe beef of pork.

I think we are going to get one for my sister in law at that price for the holidays.

Pellet Girl handles the ribs, but I think she does them at 250. With Iberico, you have to go a little longer due to their makeup, but there is nothing like them anywhere. Considered the Kobe beef of pork.

I will admit this is the first I have seen of Iberico, I will have to look into them a bit more. I usually smoke mine around 225-250 as well.

Look forward to seeing the finished product

I will admit this is the first I have seen of Iberico, I will have to look into them a bit more. I usually smoke mine around 225-250 as well.

Look forward to seeing the finished product

There are a ton of pictures in this thread of her cooks. Some fun stuff.

Three racks, three different runs today. Old faithful in Killer Hogs and then the other 2 to test.

49100739-831D-4F4C-98AA-1F785CF54A65.jpeg

this looks promising! Ive been contemplating replacing my gas bbq next year

I’m a big fan of Weber and will definitely be picking up a Smokefire grill/smoker in the spring when they become available. The reviews have been very impressive.

Three racks, three different runs today. Old faithful in Killer Hogs and then the other 2 to test.

View attachment 8916142

I need to start trying some of these rubs, they always sound so good. I need to either order online or find a new store, the grocery store has generic stuff and last time I bought one from the meat market it was awful or mismarked

I need to start trying some of these rubs, they always sound so good. I need to either order online or find a new store, the grocery store has generic stuff and last time I bought one from the meat market it was awful or mismarked

We love trying different ones and usually have about 20 in our cabinet. Killer Hogs being our go to for so many things, but found some incredible stuff as of late.

Iberico on the left. The marbling difference is crazy

BA1F2138-66DD-4864-8647-81A371D90ECE.jpeg

Back